Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Someone educate me how 6.0 will not kill the cartel market

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Someone educate me how 6.0 will not kill the cartel market

nyrkverse
09.16.2019 , 02:17 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Totemdancer View Post
Iíve also heard they got a ton of feed back from the testers about how bad 5.0 gearing and galactic command was. It didnít stop them releasing it and they didnít make changes before they released it.
yes, this is what I've been told as well, the feedback was overwhelmingly negative,
ęI'm not cute. I'm deadlyĽ

ZeroTypeR
09.16.2019 , 03:12 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyTricicolo View Post
I think they're smarter than we give them credit for. Sure, some of it may be cluelessness or inexperience but a lot of it is definitely calculated. Throwing "feelers" out is a good way to test the waters. It's always a balance of give and take and what they can get away with. The science behind mob manipulation is genius. It's like they know we know what they are doing and they still do it to continue the cycle. Everyone plays the part. Everyone knows the video game companies have only one goal-to get your money. We(as in the mob or the common person=the greater population) don't protest. It's the very few people that bring attention to it that cause the "waves" that companies have to contend with. There are far more people who play this who don't read the forums and don't protest and that is why these companies still do this practice. Brainwashing, conditioning, social influences... it's beautiful to just watch and see how all this is affecting us. You can relate and imagine in your minds bean counting over lords in dark rooms with steepled hands laughing maniacally while staring at flow charts of revenue. These plebs just keep giving us money.
Yyyep. Here's why their tactics never work:

- They suck at stealth, I can see their attempt coming a mile away, and 9 times out of 10 I don't like the change.
- They use the Heavy-Handed approach: Force it on people whether they like it or not.., right. How's that working out for them 4 years later?
- People are FAR less tolerant of these tactics now. I can name a few games that have failed or will fail because of these tactics.

Honestly, if this wasn't a Star Wars game, it would been pretty much deserted by now, IMO.

Totemdancer
09.16.2019 , 11:35 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroTypeR View Post

Honestly, if this wasn't a Star Wars game, it would been pretty much deserted by now, IMO.
That should be the meme for this game.
Please click below link for FREE stuff and Friend Referal for Free 7 day subscription