Who has cancelled their subscription due to the horrid PVP?

karlmonster

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why are all you so-called unsubbers still posting? if you quit the game then you have no reason to post your oh woe is me nonsense.

In the hope BW do something about the situation? Hardly non-sense.

It's the only logical thing to do in that case.

why are all you so-called unsubbers still posting? if you quit the game then you have no reason to post your oh woe is me nonsense.

i think the question is why are YOU posting in this thread when you are clearly off topic? Have fun with your game, I never said you shouldn't / can't. Now kindly return the respect and don't tell me what to do with my time / bandwidth. Thanks.

My wife was watching me try to heal on my smuggler earlier. She knows absolutely nothing about gaming, mmos, or roles in games like this one. She is however a huge starwars fan. As she watched she made a few comments that hit home.

"This doesn't feel like starwars, it sounds like it, but it feels like it is too small for starwars."

"I find it interesting that the guy with the lightsabers can kill you that fast, what the **** is the point of healing."

"Are we really paying for this?"

All while my long time gamer buddy's are cracking up on Skype. They are the only reason I'm playing. ******es.

My wife was watching me try to heal on my smuggler earlier. She knows absolutely nothing about gaming, mmos, or roles in games like this one. She is however a huge starwars fan. As she watched she made a few comments that hit home.

"This doesn't feel like starwars, it sounds like it, but it feels like it is too small for starwars."

"I find it interesting that the guy with the lightsabers can kill you that fast, what the **** is the point of healing."

"Are we really paying for this?"

All while my long time gamer buddy's are cracking up on Skype. They are the only reason I'm playing. ******es.

That is kind of the point I made in my post as well.

People who really haven't gotten too heavily involved in this game, or aren't a gamer, easily see the massive flaws in this game. Yet an "experienced" game development staff can't seem to figure it out.

Maybe your wife and my 7 year old should start a game development company! At this rate they have a better understanding then what we are seeing from BW.

My sub runs out at midnight tonight and i've already uninstalled the game and deleted the content from my harddrive.

There's no way that i'm re-downloading the 11GiB of data required to play the game, even if BioWare is giving out a free month.

1.2, by all accounts, has been a deathblow to swtor. BioWare took a game that was fairly balanced (aside from 3 classes) and thrown the balance completely off. BioWare took a game that had a decent reward system for pvp and changed it to reward only those who already have an advantage. BioWare failed to deliver on a system that would have provided challenging matchups for the pvp community, and were dishonest about the system's release date up until 12 hours before it was slated to be published. BioWare failed to deliver on OWPvP by creating an amazing landscape to pvp in, but putting the focus on one location in that

BioWare knows this, they know they've screwed up big time and their data shows the unsub rate to be high enough to warrant giving out a free month of play-time to their players to try and makeup for these issues.

Quite frankly a free month isn't enough. If I'm going to even look at playing this game ever again the following needs to happen.

A.) The Dir of PVP and it's Project Managers need to be fired. They've done nothing but fail in designing the game's pvp over the last 3 months, and their "ideas" generally hurt the company more than help.

B.) Roll-back the balance changes that went live in 1.2. 3 classes being slightly OP (in one way or another) is easier to deal with than 2 massively OP classes and 6 super-gimps. The metrics used to balance need to be based on class potentials, and not on class use because sometimes it takes 2+ months for a community to figure out how-to maximize a classes worth.

C.) Weekly updates posted to the forum on the status of upcoming PVP changes - positive and negative hurdles.

D.) the PTR has to have a "Mission Box" which allows players choose to auto-level to 20, 30, 40, 50 and provides a full set of appropriate gear as quest rewards so that upcoming changes can be tested by a large portion of the population instead of a select few.

E.) X-Server queuing, Ranked Warzones, a anti-cheating system, and 3 - 4 new Warzones need to become the priority for PvP's future. Class imbalance in 1.1 wasn't such that it required such a gigantic overhall.

F.) All future class changes should be rolled-out in smaller updates and would change 1 - 2 classes per update instead of making sweeping changes.

Do this BioWare, and i'll resub. Fail to address these issues and i've already started looking at other MMO's. It's really a shame that the game went this direction because January - March I had such high hopes for this game.

long live WoW!!!

Any game that is not WoW people just quit when the next game comes out anways

Blizzard has mastered the staff & carrot system to makes people keep playing their crap of a game and others MMOs are trying to copy them even though people who are leaving WoW for their game are looking for SOMETHING ELSE.

Not a failed copy cat...

I recently turned 50 and was unaware of the PVP changes in 1.2. So I PVPed often the last couple of weeks to get dailies and weeklies done and got into centurion gear with three champion pieces. Now it seems like my time was wasted when Recruit gear can be bought and is better then Centurion gear. I had leftover Champion and Centurion commendations too. I wanted the full champion set but now have to PVP all over again to get Battlemaster since Champion set is now gone. I know some smart donkey will come in here and tell me "you should have known". Sorry, but I don't have the free time to read and research this game. I looked over the patch notes but don't remember seeing Recruit gear mentioned and this big change to the PVP commendations.

I'm really leaning towards canceling my subscription when my 6 months is done in July.

Edited by Starbornfury

Blizzard has mastered the staff & carrot system to makes people keep playing their crap of a game and others MMOs are trying to copy them even though people who are leaving WoW for their game are looking for SOMETHING ELSE.

Not a failed copy cat...

Yeah 7 years latter. All games get old eventually

I play this game because I am bored of WoW right now. Just find the hopper that play other games funny. Never happy the second the next MMO comes out thy are off to the "next" MMo. Only to hate that one too.

Edited by Lt_Latency

My sub runs out at midnight tonight and i've already uninstalled the game and deleted the content from my harddrive.

There's no way that i'm re-downloading the 11GiB of data required to play the game, even if BioWare is giving out a free month.

1.2, by all accounts, has been a deathblow to swtor. BioWare took a game that was fairly balanced (aside from 3 classes) and thrown the balance completely off. BioWare took a game that had a decent reward system for pvp and changed it to reward only those who already have an advantage. BioWare failed to deliver on a system that would have provided challenging matchups for the pvp community, and were dishonest about the system's release date up until 12 hours before it was slated to be published. BioWare failed to deliver on OWPvP by creating an amazing landscape to pvp in, but putting the focus on one location in that

BioWare knows this, they know they've screwed up big time and their data shows the unsub rate to be high enough to warrant giving out a free month of play-time to their players to try and makeup for these issues.

Quite frankly a free month isn't enough. If I'm going to even look at playing this game ever again the following needs to happen.

A.) The Dir of PVP and it's Project Managers need to be fired. They've done nothing but fail in designing the game's pvp over the last 3 months, and their "ideas" generally hurt the company more than help.

B.) Roll-back the balance changes that went live in 1.2. 3 classes being slightly OP (in one way or another) is easier to deal with than 2 massively OP classes and 6 super-gimps. The metrics used to balance need to be based on class potentials, and not on class use because sometimes it takes 2+ months for a community to figure out how-to maximize a classes worth.

C.) Weekly updates posted to the forum on the status of upcoming PVP changes - positive and negative hurdles.

D.) the PTR has to have a "Mission Box" which allows players choose to auto-level to 20, 30, 40, 50 and provides a full set of appropriate gear as quest rewards so that upcoming changes can be tested by a large portion of the population instead of a select few.

E.) X-Server queuing, Ranked Warzones, a anti-cheating system, and 3 - 4 new Warzones need to become the priority for PvP's future. Class imbalance in 1.1 wasn't such that it required such a gigantic overhall.

F.) All future class changes should be rolled-out in smaller updates and would change 1 - 2 classes per update instead of making sweeping changes.

Do this BioWare, and i'll resub. Fail to address these issues and i've already started looking at other MMO's. It's really a shame that the game went this direction because January - March I had such high hopes for this game.

Great post, I think you nailed most of these items, its pretty obvious these guys have talent but are clueless about running an MMO.

cancelled today. ragequit, actually due to the patch.

so sad...i loved this game. two level 50's, many other alts, giant poster of the game on my wall....

uhhhggg...

EDIT: as for why I'm here posting...well, I'm in "mourning". and I'm angry.

Edited by Jeopardydd

Yeah 7 years latter. All games get old eventually

I play this game because I am bored of WoW right now. Just find the hopper that play other games funny. Never happy the second the next MMO comes out thy are off to the "next" MMo. Only to hate that one too.

I was bored since BC came out but there was no other MMO available that had enough content to keep me interested.

It's more the lack of good games than the greatness of WoW that kept some hardcore player there.

And it's not the players fault if developpers can't figure out how to do their job.

Edited by Bocherel

I was bored since BC came out but there was no other MMO available that had enough content to keep me interested.

It's more the lack of good games than the greatness of WoW that kept some hardcore player there.

And it's not the players fault if developpers can't figure out how to do their job.

Nah, it's just anyone that thinks WoW is a terrible game (gameplay wise)expects too much and are waiting for a game that is never comming

Edited by Lt_Latency

You can't quit this game because they give you free 30 days if you do.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

You must have at least one level 50 character.

Your account must not be banned.

Fortunately, I don't yet have a 50.