Random Kaon Finder

Is it just me or...

I like to do random HM FP daily for my 5 BH comms and it's come up with Kaon every day for the past week...

...on three different toons.

I mean, the FP is ok, but it's getting old doing it over and over.

I really wouldn't mind a nice easy Esseles/Black Talon for a change.

Kaon is tied to the Rakghoul weekly, so a lot of people will check that only option when they queue up. So bunch of times it's not random.

I, for one, haven't had the luck of getting it by chance, so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Lately it's either miss the Rakghoul weekly because of not having Kaon, or checking that specific option on group finder.

There definitely seems to be something up with the "randomness" of group finder. At first I figured it must be some quirk of probability, or in the case of Kaon, people queuing up specifically for that flashpoint and dragging random queuers in with them. But now I'm not so sure.

Like the OP, I get Kaon an awful lot. Five times in a row on one toon. I've asked other group members if they queued specifically and they said no. Weirdly, on my sage, I get Directive 7 repeatedly, while it has been an age since I did Esseles, Taral 5, Maelstrom Prison or Battle of Ilum. I get it so often that I find it hard to believe that it's random probability and wonder if there's some kind of system for placing people in specific flashpoints.

Kaon is tied to the Rakghoul weekly, so a lot of people will check that only option when they queue up. So bunch of times it's not random.

I, for one, haven't had the luck of getting it by chance, so I can kill 2 birds with one stone. Lately it's either miss the Rakghoul weekly because of not having Kaon, or checking that specific option on group finder.

Ok, you know what, scratch that. Just did three full guild runs. Three randoms T1. Three Kaons in a row :rolleyes:

I've gotten Esseles twice in a row and of course my game crashes at the same point both times during the end conversation. Thankfully both groups waited for me to re-log. I never done Kaon and I'm hoping to never get it in the random group finder. I wish it was placed in with the LI FP Tier 2.

Kaon is a pain sometimes. It's a rather long FP and not much to skip. I don't think it's a T2 flashpoint. But true, it's harder than the others, but not because of the bosses, but for the trash. I hardly remember a wipe to any boss there, but bunch of them to a mix of Mercenaries, Screamers and Hunters.

And tanks don't like this FP. A few weeks ago, 3 tanks in a row quit the group as soon as they saw it was kaon

And the OP ;)

... is a tank a lot of the time.

I guess I don't mind Kaon. It's as has been said, very long and the trash is a pain and... and... and...

...and mostly I'd like some variety.

Also, it doesn't count for the weekly conflicts, which adds insult to injury.

I wish it was placed in with the LI FP Tier 2.

Me too. Not necessarily because it warrants tier 2 (though it is probably the hardest tier 1), but because that prevents people looking to do the Rakghoul weekly and queuing specifically for Kaon from dictating where random HM queuers go. If they put it in tier 2, people who wanted the weekly could just queue on tier two and not end up dragging random HM people to Kaon over and over.

Edited by SleepyKing

Kaon is a pain sometimes. It's a rather long FP and not much to skip. I don't think it's a T2 flashpoint. But true, it's harder than the others, but not because of the bosses, but for the trash. I hardly remember a wipe to any boss there, but bunch of them to a mix of Mercenaries, Screamers and Hunters.

And tanks don't like this FP. A few weeks ago, 3 tanks in a row quit the group as soon as they saw it was kaon

I think kaon should be a requirement to queue for EV or KP because of all the caution you need dealing with mobs is similar.

Yes, it does.

No, it doesn't. It counts for the Rakghoul weekly which is not the one he's talking about. It needs to be in Tier 2. If both it and LI are on the same weekly quest and it doesn't count for the other Tier 1 HM weekly, then they need to be in their own Tier...

It counts for the daily hard mode quest, but not the weekly. :)

Which is a problem for people like me who don't play every day and yet get Kaon several times in a row as the 'random' FP and thus cannot complete our weekly without either dropping and re-queuing or running extra non-random HMs.

They should move Kaon into the random queue with LI and rename it Rakghoul Conflict to match the weekly mission. Kaon should not come up when selecting random T1.

No, it doesn't. It counts for the Rakghoul weekly which is not the one he's talking about. It needs to be in Tier 2. If both it and LI are on the same weekly quest and it doesn't count for the other Tier 1 HM weekly, then they need to be in their own Tier...

He said "the weekly" never specified which.

Rakhgoul Conflicts is THE only weekly that matters as far as Flashpoints go

Yes, it does count for the Rakghoul Weekly which gives you 8 BH comms. You might want to actually learn the game before you start "correcting" people

I find it easier to just do a random T1 FP to get the 5 BH comms from group finder. This way they can move Kaon up to T2 and we can stick to the daily reward of 5 BH comms and have an easier/quicker time getting them.

I agree...they need to buff Kaon up to a valid Tier2 HM FP and group it with Lost Island alone since that's the only catagory it applies to regarding the 2 weekly FP quests. Then people just wanting their 5 dailie BH comms and not worrying about the weeklys (or having already done them) can uncheck T2 and not have to worry about getting Kaon.

However, if they were to move it to the T2 level....they would definately have to buff it and make the last boss drop 1 Rakata piece just like LI does. But it seems like that would be pretty easy to do. It's kind of silly having a Tier2 level when it consists of a whole 1 FP. I'm sure the goal is/was to add more to it....but doesn't look like that will happen until the xpack to lvl 55....and at that point LI really won't count much as a T2 compared to how any new level 55 zones should be tuned. Move Kaon to T2 and make the new HM FPS with xpac T3 and all is well.

Edited by Jilisipone