Black Gold

TechTheHic

Anyone else going to check out the open beta. I'm not to interested in paying for a game before trying it right now after ESO which I did try and still didn't turn out as well as Id like (maybe they get there eventually) and WS where I tried in beta and knew right away it wasn't for me. So, since I get to for free starting Friday figured Id check it out.

This one looks kind of interesting. Mech war/fantasy R v R if I read correctly. No use for the steampunk theme but if the pvp is good...

Definitely some neat ideas with the kind of sci-fi vs fantasy and vehicle vs mount combat. I will say that I had not been following this one nor had I heard of it and I do not expect it to be flawless but the ideas are at least different.

For the life of me, I do not know how they have made 2 different Star Wars MMOs and not only ignored the lores great vehicle combat but also have segregated space from ground combat completely. Cant imagine how awesome it would be to have AT-ATs and AT-STs and A-wings and other mounted combat, even on veractyls in a siege warfare Star Wars game. Or invading a space station on any of the numerous spaceships, fighting in space and then continuing with your ground character once boarding the station. I know its stuff the engine can't handle here, but this is the sort of stuff I feel a Star Wars game should have been built with that in mind. Not just give people a lightsaber, blaster and force lightning and call it a day.

Edited by TechTheHic

Same here I just noticed ads for it recently and haven't heard any noise, but I don't usually track emerging game stuff too closely though. Looks like they're making a pretty unique hybrid theme. Not sure if I'll try it soon being limited time-wise to 1 game at a time, but will keep an eye on it at least. If it looks good definitely beta, I'm burnt out on "beta-testing" launches.

Couldn't agree more, SW as an MMO theme has ridiculous scope potential. Can't help but wonder if anyone will ever go all in or just take the selective approach. All I've seen for Battlefront so far is it's an FPS, but if like Battlefield and in particular Planet Side 2 air, ground vehicle, and personal combat would harmonize in the gameplay. I'd love to see a SW MMORPG pull all that together.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Yeah, I don't want to pay for beta testing really so I am kind of resisting what I am hearing from some people I know about Archeage. Think I can just wait until its live and free, just will not know the systems ahead of time. Thats why I'm checking this out with the full open beta for Black Gold. Don't have to pay for it.

EDIT: Also; they have gunslingers.... :D

Edited by TechTheHic

Yeah, I don't want to pay for beta testing really so I am kind of resisting what I am hearing from some people I know about Archeage. Think I can just wait until its live and free, just will not know the systems ahead of time. Thats why I'm checking this out with the full open beta for Black Gold. Don't have to pay for it.

EDIT: Also; they have gunslingers.... :D

lol I saw that, and was dismayed that it was the only char box that didn't open with a description! Maybe it's a beta lure :rak_02:

lol I saw that, and was dismayed that it was the only char box that didn't open with a description! Maybe it's a beta lure :rak_02:

I didn't realize they didn't have it on the site. Its in the game with a description though. I know cause I already created a Technohic. Maybe I should log in when I get home and screenshot it.

I didn't get time to try to get in and get a screenshot until just now and I was almost 2000 in the Q. lol I don't really have time for that right now either, nor I guess really any MMO for a while.

Too bad to, cause I was thinking about resubbing here after playing around with the open beta since my son has been playing on POT5. He's terrible at PvP still but has gotten a little better but maybe around the end of summer I will and try to help him out.

Yeah. I found the combat and movement a bit awkward and there is stuff all over my screen I have no idea what it is for. I used to have the patience to just figure it out, but I really don't care that much about the game to bother.