Willpower or power major mods?

sawtyss

I'm in the process of optimizing my pvp gear, and was wondering... what would you guys pick?

Would you go with 64wp/12p mod or the xxWP/39p mod?

Right now I'm all 12p for the additional crit, cause I figured it wouldn't nerf my healing bonus much... Was I wrong?

Always unlettered. You lose a ton of power/crit to gain a little willpower on A versions. Just not worth the trade off. On top of that, the endurance gain is next to useless. For seer in particular, all extra HP do for me at this point is make me lose more health on Noble Sacrifice.

*edit*

My advice by far is coming from more of a pve perspective. You healing/damage should still benefit more from the unlettered mods, but endurance is less useless in pvp.

Edited by -Sirus-
added pvp details

unlettered mods will give you better damage output. While Willpower is your best stat for DPS, the lettered mods make you trade more than one point of secondary stat for the extra willpower. This is not worth the trade.

^ Not sure if this is intended for PVE or PVP, but it's just flat wrong in PVP.

Go low endurance / WP mods & enhancements, high secondary stats on all pieces. Stack crit rating to 163, then the rest into power / surge. Only get alacrity if it has good power on it (wh implants). Put none of it into your mods/enhs.

Augment with Resolve Augments (18 wp, 12 end) on every piece.

Replace at least 3 (at most 4) pvp armorings with 27 Advanced Resolve Armorings (belt, bracer, OH, then 1 set bonus piece that is surplus for your gear set up now).

Pwn.

Go low endurance / WP mods & enhancements, high secondary stats on all pieces. Stack crit rating to 163, then the rest into power / surge. Only get alacrity if it has good power on it (wh implants). Put none of it into your mods/enhs.

Replace at least 3 (at most 4) pvp armorings with 27 Advanced Resolve Armorings (belt, bracer, OH, then 1 set bonus piece that is surplus for your gear set up now).

Pwn.

How is his advice flat out wrong when you recommend exactly the same thing? He said take unlettered mods and you said stack secondary stats. Unlettered mods are the ones with highest secondary stats. He says willpower is best for your dps and you recommend all willpower augments. Nothing you recommend went against his advice in the slightest.

How is his advice flat out wrong when you recommend exactly the same thing? He said take unlettered mods and you said stack secondary stats. Unlettered mods are the ones with highest secondary stats. He says willpower is best for your dps and you recommend all willpower augments. Nothing you recommend went against his advice in the slightest.

This was exactly my thought. He says I'm flat wrong, then gives the exact same advice I suggested.

Take unlettered mods. They are better. End of story.

Pwn.

That Alacrity advice is unfortunately dung as the trade is for Surge which is a lesser stat for any ability with a long cast time for damage output. Considering how much Telekinetic Throw is used its a valued stat. Getting around 75-77% Surge maximum is generally optimal and then putting the rest in Alacrity for between 4-8% Activation time.