Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"sentis/maras op since 1.2!!!" LOLWAT

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
"sentis/maras op since 1.2!!!" LOLWAT

aRtFuL
04.30.2012 , 07:55 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post
Play concealment then come and talk to me. Let me know just how far that expertise carries 4 consecutive patch nerfs, 9 nerfs in 1.2 patch alone.
It still has nothing to do with other dps classes regardless. In fact bioware didnt really buff any one classes damage, but as u mentioned, nerfed some instead.

It was the new expertise scale that skyrocketed a lot of the damages.

Numerii
04.30.2012 , 07:57 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahebish View Post

Correction Sorc wasn't nerf'd it was fixed so people couldn't exploit heals and damage anymore. And yet they still top DPS charts by almost 50% compared to a concealment.
I'm not here to cry about Marauders or any other class, but this is just not right. Sorcerers were nerfed because they took away our ability to cast Chain Lightning instantly on Wrath procs. This was our only form of single-target burst(when combined with Death Field and Shock or a Lightning Barrage-buffed Force Lightning). I agree that the AE damage it allowed us to do was in need of a nerf, however some compensation should have been given in the form of single-target burst. IMO, they should have just coded Chain Lightning to only hit one target any time it was cast instantly with a Wrath proc.

What was broken about Sorcerers, and still is, is that we were/are still able to "double dip" on those Lightning Barrage procs to get two quick channels of Force Lightning off. Should they fix this finally, you'll probably see Sorcerer damage cut by quite a bit on the final scorecard. The bad thing is, that's about the only thing really keeping DPS Sorcerers competitive atm. Take that away and we really will have no form of burst whatsoever.

Tkara
04.30.2012 , 08:36 AM | #33
Quote:
Master Strike can no longer be interrupted, and its damage has been increased by approximately 15%.
That is BS, myself and others have had this interrupted several times recently.

Navvak
04.30.2012 , 08:41 AM | #34
OP, you're making a very basic mistake. It is only in relation to other classes that anything can be considered overpowered. Classes don';t operate in vacuums. No, the changes might not seem like a huge deal to you, but then that would be relative to the other class changes. Which you don't mention.

As an example, you quote : "And for all the guarded by the force/undying rage whiners - it's there since 1.0, even since the beta, and there wasn't a single thread about it before 1.2"

TTK has changed in 1.2. Therefore do you not think the efficacy of this ability has also changed, RELATIVELY?

Let me help you.

rel·a·tive
   [rel-uh-tiv]
noun
1. a person who is connected with another or others by blood or marriage.
2. something having, or standing in, some relation to something else.
3. something dependent upon external conditions for its specific nature, size, etc. ( opposed to absolute).
4. Grammar . a relative pronoun, adjective, or adverb.
Navvak - P5 (previously Terentatek)

Kaarsa
04.30.2012 , 08:44 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by slowantics View Post
i thought our 90% acc de buff doesnt work on ranged attacks or tech
Working on melee/ranged, not tech/force.
Official Dev info about resolve system: http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-q-a-day-2/
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
To be fair, about 98% of all PvP problems can be resolved by learning to correctly play the class you rolled.
The remaining 2% aren't going to be fixed by complaining on a forum...

Bpotux
04.30.2012 , 09:06 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Navvak View Post

As an example, you quote : "And for all the guarded by the force/undying rage whiners - it's there since 1.0, even since the beta, and there wasn't a single thread about it before 1.2"

Except before 1.2 Sent / Mara couldn't wreck two people while under its effect, now they can, so it's time to change it.

exphryl
04.30.2012 , 09:35 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkara View Post
That is BS, myself and others have had this interrupted several times recently.
Perhaps you are playing your Sentinel wrong ?
E x p h r y l | <Exiled Disciples> Daragon Trail
| ---------- Want to see Pyro Burst Potential in 1.2? Watch This! -----------|
| Valor 90+ Powertech | |Thinking of Rolling a Pyro or Assault VG? Read this Guide |
|
|Guild Website | Youtube| Cassie - 50 Operative | Krelia - 50 Sorcerer|

Savej
04.30.2012 , 09:46 AM | #38
Maras cannot wreck two ppl in 5 seconds in any wz. Use a kb w/ root on an undying mara and by the time he gets back to you he'll have half-health and be just as squishy as anyone.

Bpotux
04.30.2012 , 09:59 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Savej View Post
Maras cannot wreck two ppl in 5 seconds in any wz. Use a kb w/ root on an undying mara and by the time he gets back to you he'll have half-health and be just as squishy as anyone.
They can break the CC / root, and leap right back to you. But you already knew that. Insert class name vs Mara wack each other to 30% HP - Mara pops shield, game over insert class name here, no ifs or buts about it. Every time.

Pekish
04.30.2012 , 10:16 AM | #40
other class got nerfed? my tank-shadow feel exactly the same

whiner will keep whine