Healer Parsing

--Ramzes--

I recently returned to the game so I'm out of date on some stats things.

As an operative healer, what should my parse goal be for doing HM ops?

I've been doing 5-7K on sm bosses but not sure if that's good or not. My rotation prob needs some work.

Edited by --Ramzes--

Parsing for heals is no where near as useful (or simple) as dps parses.

If no one dies, then you did your job. Although if someone dies due to messing up mechanics; you still did your job, but they didn't.

You can use starparse as a guide, but as far as ops goes it's incredibly variable depending on your team composition and just how good your tank/dps are at minimalizing the damage they take.

For legacy story-mode OPs (8 man) I'll usually end up with 10 to 16k HPS on the bosses, with the eHPS varying from about 4k (the norm for a competent team) all the way up to 9 to 10k eHPS (which is either the tank/dps taking too much damage, or a poor co-healer).

I suggest doing MM flashpoints (not just Hammer, although some pug groups will test your skills). Without a co-healer you get a better sense of just how you can perfom when things go horribly wrong.

Agreed with everything here. I've had effective heals thrown at me and I know some ppl stack their numbers by allow players to get lower in health so they can get better numbers, rather than just caring about gameplay. I figure if we get through a raid and ppl haven't died, except by thier own stupidity, and maybe not even then, I've certainly done my job.

Healers sometimes dps, move ppl out of danger, interrupt, or otherwise do things that don't show in parses, this is extremely true for bubbles and shielding that doesn't (or didn't) show up in parses.

Parsing heals is really not as important as how well your group gets through the content. I think parsing heals can actually be detrimental, ppl getting hung up on numbers, then doing things to make their numbers better. This is not doing for the good of the group, only glory seeking behavior. Healing is not the time to be a glory hound. Your job is support. Not the spotlight. If you want to feel all warm and fuzzy, try being top dps or an outstanding tank instead.

I only notice the healer when I am not being healed properly when raiding. A very good healer is nearly invisible. Like sentences in a fabulous book, you are transported away into the story, and forget you are reading. If you can achieve that, you are a sublime healer.

With my sorc on Dread Palace HM I am actually doing arround 14-15k heal during "heal phases" (or even a little bit more), at the end of a boss I am arround 11-12k so 7k heal seems little but it's sm and you don't heal as much as HM

With an oper i think you can do a little bite more than me

Edited by andrejderkrieger

Thanks - these are good thoughts.

I've been off and on with this game since launch so I've really done it all. Used to be in hardcore NiM raiding groups, so I believe I am a very competent healer. People rarely die in my grps/raids and I even find myself tossing patch heals to other grps because the other healer is lagging so bad. I've also solo healed many sm ops fights with cleanses etc.

For me though, it's about continuing to improve. Where I'm at now is the stats game - trying to get better however I can. To that end, I would again welcome any feedback or tips. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

As far as my current setup, you can see that here: https://ibb.co/BLX1B54

I used to have more in Alacrity but have read that it's kinda pointless after 1,213.

I am rocking the 228 augments for the higher Crit/Alacrity.

Have full set armor - working on second set to get the Toxic Haze AOE heal. Want to see how that one parses since it's a free cast.

I've been working to get Medtech amplifier armorings on my gear items and the Crit/Alacrity clicky relics since the old Master/Power ones cap out on most content.

Any other tips to squeeze more heals out?

Edited by --Ramzes--

I used to have more in Alacrity but have read that it's kinda pointless after 1,213.

That's the low alacricity threshold. Most healers I know are going for the high alacricity threshold (3206 plus). With augments you can reach that and still have 39% critical percentage.

Have full set armor - working on second set to get the Toxic Haze AOE heal. Want to see how that one parses since it's a free cast.

Are you doing mainly 16 man raids? Your set up looks like it geared for that.

If not, then Tacticians set is probably better for most OPs, since in 8-man raids you get better stats from more single-target heals then overusing the channeled heal. Try combining Tacticians with the diagnostics probe tactical. The regenerative waves tacticals uses up your upper hand too fast to be really useful imo.

That's the low alacricity threshold. Most healers I know are going for the high alacricity threshold (3206 plus). With augments you can reach that and still have 39% critical percentage.

Can you explain these thresholds some more? I've scoured the internet looking for details on this stuff and can't find it.

It had been my understanding that the diminishing returns after that low mark made it less important for alac and to boost Crit up to around 3300-3500 and then dump the rest into Mastery.

I will admit that I would prefer to have more of a balance but again, just going off of what I'm reading from the community.

To your other question, I don't ever run 16m content. Only 8-person SM/HM raids and the usual daily crap.

On the gear set, I do run full tactician for now. Again, something there is virtually no good info about online. I'll check out what you're suggesting.

I have no idea what the Toxic Haze heal puts out but having a free AOE heal that is also my best DPS skill seems at least to be selectively a helpful thing given that an operative is more of a HoT healer than burst like sage/sorc.

Edited by --Ramzes--

For healer more important than big numbers is to know the fight well enough so you know when big hits are going to be taken and you're ready to negate or cast, or preferably are already pre-casting to heal incoming damage spike.

With HM/NIM content it might also be required to coordinate with your co-healer and decide before the pull who will focus on being raid-first-responder and who is tank-first-responder if in a fight where both raid and tank are taking heavy damage, so you both aren't trying to heal the same hurt and end up wasting time and resources on overhealing.

And for harder content, you're also expected to do DPS whenever there is nothing important to heal, and it can easily drain you of your resources. But in general, all healers that can also contribute to dps between heealing are quite highly valued.

Edited by Kiesu