Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Bodyguard Mercenary and Combat Medic Commando

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Commando / Mercenary
Class Changes: Bodyguard Mercenary and Combat Medic Commando
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Exocor
09.27.2017 , 05:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
I play my class fine, and for some fights like Zorn/toth, both healers are forced to bust our tails to get 8.5k ehps each.

I remember Tyrans each healer had to pull 9.5k ehps to beat. (I'm not talking hps, but EFFECTIVE heals per second).
Maybe ask your DPS and Tanks, what they are doing. Though, there are sometimes bad healers. However, normally 90% of the tanks are garbage and don't know 1. what the boss is doing 2. what their gcds are for and when to use them. Just an example: Calphayus HC is sometimes very spikey. He does very hard hitting MR damage. You can easily survive them by using Deflection/Saber Ward/Explosive Fuel. Shroud and Sabre Reflection won't help here. On the other hand, you have - what you've already said - Tyrans. He does FT damage (Thundering Blast) and MR Damage (Shock). He usually does 4 Thundering Blasts between each Simplification. As a shadow, you can have a dcd up for EVERY Thundering Blast, so that it's damage is mitigated completely (Resilence), mostly (Force Speed) or half (Battle Readyness, Absorb Adrenal, Deflection). As a guardian, you can at least reduce the damage from 2 of 4 TB's, by popping a dcd, when he casts the first one. You can also mitigiate a TB by using blade blizz against a wall. As a Vanguard/PT, you can use epic shield and explosive fuel, to mitigate 2 of 4 and you can use Oil slick to receive less damage from shock.
As a healer, you can blame your tanks and DPS, when they are receiving to much Thundering Blasts. Be sure, that your DPS are correctly skilled (AoE Dmg Reduction!).

Normally, the healers aren't responsible, when the group is low. Healers are the first target for toxicity... but they are the last ones, who are able to change something.
Infinitas Coryak - Tulak Hord Nox
--
Check our Sale Offers!

DanNV
09.27.2017 , 06:39 PM | #22
I expect this last round of nerfs will about kill off my raid team, which is about all that is left of a founding guild. If we still have a team in 3 months it will be a miracle. If we have one in 6, it'll be because EA dumped the entire decision making team in Austin.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
Devs gambled everything on GC RNG, but they didn't even get green loot.
REGULATORS

BraverDre
09.27.2017 , 06:40 PM | #23
These changes make sense.

supertimtaf
09.27.2017 , 07:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Torvai View Post
While this is way offtopic: Tank stats aren't trash. Neither in PvP nor in PvE. They have less merit in PvP, true, because alot of the damage is either I/E, so can't be mitigated by shield/absorb, or autokrits that can't be shielded either. But you still see effect when playing PvP in tank gear.
But believe it or not, EVERY dps spec in the game uses at least ~30% M/R attacks, with three, maybe for exceptions, being sorcs and Opers. So if tank stats, and especially defense, is of any use in PvP depends heavily on your enemys specs.
And the problem in PvE is, that there's too much defense on the gear that isn't needed on most bosses because the amount of M/R damage is rather negligible, hence Power B-Mods. And Bioware actually did this themselves with 3.0(iirc), where they changed the stats on mods. Before then, mods could have absorb. They fixed something, as most times, that didn't need fixing.
It also depends on the tank you're playing tbh.
Sin tank is pretty powerfull for what it is because it has a super high shield chance, combined with decent absorption stuff you can overcome most of the damage spike in PvP, for the other part such as Melee/Ranged (who are mainly a threat with Arsenal merc/Marksman Sniper) you will absorb them well with a single Deflection, a bigger health pool (yay, Lethal B mods) and some work with LoS/controls.
In PvE, the result is more or less the same, the high shield chance makes it easier to absorb spike damage from Boss, who are mainly using Force/Tech as their burst. Combine this with the somewhat "decent" utility of 60% DR on Force Speed and you're good to go. Again, Lethal B mods are the way to go on this because of the extra health and power, making your attacks generate a little more aggro and helping with dps check.

To conclude this off-topic stuff, I'll just say that I don't know about Jugg and Powertech though, never used one of those to tank, both in (un)ranked PvP and PvE.

Back to topic now, these nerfs seems somewhat strange honestly, because Healer Mercenary is, if I remember correctly, a very demanding class in terms of energy management, this will only make things worse, no ? I'm just hoping that they didn't take into account the self heals granted by their broken utility. It's easy to go way overboard with hps when you can do a 80k self heal. Especially if they're going to balance those... Which I hope they do correctly.
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

Tharianus
09.28.2017 , 01:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by WheresMyWhisky View Post
Ehm roaming / slash wandering mend if only instant if you choose to use resurgence to make it so, and since nerf its not very often that is worth doing so.

If a merc healer cannot keep up with a sorc as heals currently stand they need to learn to play.

The advantage of merc heals if you know how to play them is the insane burst healing.

Anyway instead of crying like a ***** learn to play your class merc heals are very good
Srsly are you idiotic? Plese give me another 3 Merc/Mando heals Who are able to pull off 10k+ HPS right now in a PVP Match.

Yeah i should really Learn to Play.
TharÔ
<Special Forces> Germany[B]
Referreal Link: KLICK ME!
Twitch Channel

tonitirola
09.28.2017 , 04:05 AM | #26
all they can do is nerf nerf nerf nerf classes and make cartell market **** every week
well done you master devs

Threjyan
09.28.2017 , 07:23 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DanNV View Post
I expect this last round of nerfs will about kill off my raid team, which is about all that is left of a founding guild. If we still have a team in 3 months it will be a miracle. If we have one in 6, it'll be because EA dumped the entire decision making team in Austin.
if these nerfs kill your raiding team, instead of no real new content, im actually very surprised.
..The Path Of Excess Leads To The Tower Of Wisdom..

JattaGin
09.28.2017 , 08:39 AM | #28
Yay, a nerf!

Bioware, you really know how to please your players and add fun to the game.

Nerf = raises fun = raises income for BW. Everyone knows that.

You are so smart at BW. I salute you. I wished all companies would do as smart business solutions as you do. You are a shiny example for others.

/slowclap
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

santafaye
09.28.2017 , 02:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Below you will find the upcoming changes to Bodyguard and Combat Medic coming in Game Update 5.5:

-eric
you guys are killing this game so many nerfs to classes healers and DPS it will be useless to do opps on HM and NM now guess ill be doing SM opps on fri and sat and back to wow theres really nothing here anymore ty for the ride GL

Equeliber
09.29.2017 , 12:08 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by santafaye View Post
you guys are killing this game so many nerfs to classes healers and DPS it will be useless to do opps on HM and NM now guess ill be doing SM opps on fri and sat and back to wow theres really nothing here anymore ty for the ride GL
If these changes are going to stop you from clearing HMs (and in Nim only the hardest fights might become more challenging) you didn't know how to play well in the first place, simple as that.

Especially if you do have 248 gear.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus