Looking for GSF Videos to analyze.

Drakkolich

Hey guys recently I did a video where I had to analyze someone else's gameplay to explain something that happened in their game. Apparently a bunch of people really enjoyed this style of content, so I thought I might do a few more and see what everyone thinks.

To that end I'm looking for videos of GSF gameplay, that you'd be ok with me dissecting. I'd be showing points in the video where the player did something very good, but also pointing out mistakes be it minor or major and then explaining why they were mistakes and how you could improve. These are going to be posted publicly so that everyone can learn from the analysis, so if you submit a video please be aware of that.

What I'm looking for in a video isn't perfect gameplay, I'm looking for games with mistakes. That doesn't mean you can't post a video where you did well, just keep in mind what I'm looking for when you do. I'd also welcome posts of games where something or multiple things happen that you don't understand or can't explain. If you do go that route, please leave me a list of what you'd like explained in the video so I know to touch on that.

Ok thanks guys, let me know what you guys think as they come out either in the comments of the videos or here no the forums!

It was good stuff and you were pretty spot on in your analysis.

One thought on your mention of pauses and dead space is perhaps to do a talked play through first where you watch the video with basic commentary he flies here shoots this does that etc then a brief go through of individual talking points

first point here he does this

point B he dies this here what i would recommend doing is this

point C he does this you should actually do this but it worked here

then follow it up with a brief run through of the main points So in retrospect this is what we learn from this match do this this and this, dont do or be cautious of doing this this and this

that might help you with setting a pace for the video and give you room to make more indepth analysis though it might mean extra editing work at the end as you have to take time pause more and rewind on each individual point

thats just a current thought beyond that suggestion though i enjoyed the video as it was and thought you did a great job

Quick edit goes without saying but if you see a vid on my channel i havent sent to you prior and feel its noteworthy please feel free to use it

Edited by catsi

I just want to say how awesome it was that so many of you let me know how much you liked the first one, but not only that I got absolutely showered in video submissions today.

So without further stalling! Here's the second one, this one was sent in by Erannov/Vonnare. It's even longer then the first one was, as that feedback came in loud and clear, you guys wanted even more details so I did my best to add that!

(I stayed up late to get this one out, so if you're clicking on it right away you might want to give it a little bit to process the HD)

Thanks for taking the time to analyze this match.

I need a lot more practice on gunship. When I first started GSF I mostly played gunship. But when I started having some success on scouts and strikes, I got away from that. I find that I need at least half a match to get better at aiming railguns. You might have noticed that when I was on the gunship my aim improved as time went on. I have noticed my little hitch when I release the railgun shot. I will have to make a more conscious effort to eliminate that. I tend to save my distortion field for missile breaks, but you are right that I need to use it for evasion.

I think some people overuse ion railgun. I noticed on the scoresheet that one of the opponents had 3 kills and 22 assists, I assume that guy was spamming ion rail. He probably would have had 8 or 10 kills if he used slug more, probably would have helped his team a bit more. Especially on Kuat, people get hit by railgun and jump behind a wall or pull back before you can finish them. If you get hit by an ion and get away, you recover your shield and energy a lot faster than you can recover the hull damage from a slug hit.

My tendency to do short boosts probably comes when I am not sure where to go next. I just need to be move up closer, then wait for engine a bit so I am closer to the action when I do decide what to do.

Here's 8 back to back matches all recorded within the same afteroon/evening. Video was originally made to underline the ridiculous disparity between planetary missions&GSF when it comes to rate of conq earned.

Plenty of mistakes and some lag! I do pretty well in some, real badly in few others. i'm not sure if there's anything super entertaining included. But chew away if you find something edible! 1st match starts with a pretty fun strike-GS chase scene. 1st match also includes plenty of very skilfull evasion of a DO from my part...spotting them via map remains a persistent weakness of mine.

Edited by Stradlin