I'm tired of doing the work my companion is suppose to be doing.

xWiCKEDx

Does anyone else notice how a DPS companion will sit there and watch you be attacked?

No the companion is not on passive. No the companion is not incapacitated. The companion will just sit there and watch me get attacked.

The second I use an ability on something attacking me then the companion will spring into action but it use to not be that way.

I remember a time when companions would jump to my defense the second I was attacked. Now my companions seemingly wait until I tell them to do something to get into the fray.

Anyone else have this same issue?

Thats who Petassist works in every mmo.

You dont want your pet to attack whats attacking you. That would mean you will never ever have a chance of CCing, or running away without sacrificing your pet. You essentially loos a lot of flexibility

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah its annoying, too often they wait until the target is already dead before you even see their weapon drawn. They take their time joining in battles, but of course they never take their time butting in on all your conversations to put their 2 cents in or to disapprove.

And no, pet assists work better in other MMO's, even old ones like WoW the Death Knight and Hunter pets are always in combat as soon as you are.