Resolve, why it fails and how to fix it imho

JudgeMentalOne

I am a valor rank 56 mara in fullchamp gear so have lots of experiance in this games pvp.

K first things first is the resolve system. The principal behind it is good, and should be kept. However in its current state it doesn't achieve it's purpose at all.

Generally the purpose of anti CC mechanics in MMOs is to make sure you can't be kept endlessly CCed unable to do anything while people beat you to death. However the current resolve system does not do this for 3 reasons.

1. No diminishing returns, your either immune, or not immune. So untill your immune everything is the same effectiveness no matter how many times you have been the victum of that type of CC which becomes a real problem when reason number 3 happens.

2. Some CC's, most notably Roots/immobilises ignore the resolve bar completely and always take full effect. So even when your "Immune" some people can still keep you locked in place and helplessly bent over while they **** you.

For melee classes especially this is almost as bad as a full stun, and even for ranged will almost certainly result in death if you are unable to move for long enough. Snares/slows should not be affected by resolve, but roots definately should.

3. You do not become immune until the current CC on you breaks. Wether it wears off, is broken by you or however else. Until that happens you are not immune. So any team of enemy players with half a brain that understand the games mechanics can, with little effort and rudimentary timing, keep you perma stunned almost indefinately unless your 2 min CD CC break is up.

So with the reasons the current system fails in mind I would like to propose the following changes to the resolve system.

Diminishing returns based on how full your bar is should be introduced, while also Increasing the amount of stuns it takes to gain full immunity but also increasing the amount of time your immune for slightly.

I would think 3 stuns would fill your bar, so 1 stun you get hit with, next is 33% less effective, the next would be 66% less and the 3rd would only stun you for .1 second and you would be immune.

Alternatively, make it so once the bar is full, all CC is removed and you are now Immune to further CC, or at least make it so you are immune to further CC so you can't be endlessly CCed with a full bar.

Roots should be affected the same as all other forms of CC, snares should remain seperate as is.

I would also propose punts be made to fill the bar slightly more than they do now, and if they have a root attached, count as a stun.

If you have different opinions of how to fix the current problems with resolve, please post. hope to keep this near top so it gets some attn.

Edited by JudgeMentalOne

While i agree that resolve bar isn't working optimal, and ive often on my juggernaut gotten CC still with a full resolve bar.

I do disagree on the snare part, snare are part of certain classes talent tree functionality, for instance my sorcerer rely on force lightning to proc "wrath" which are instant cast on casting time damage spells, secondly madness require kiting its a kiting class since while bubble helps keeping ous alive it, doesn't do so by itself due to massive burst damage everyone has.

Since madness is pretty much a tick damage spec and doesn't really have any burst outside shock which gives mediocore damage and wrath proc damage, it would cripple sorcerer completely if resolve bars cancel out snare effects.

They there to help ous survive and kite, classes like maurader has force charge to help them close the gab, plus snares themselves ontop i know at least one talent in their tree, which also increase movement speed, and can more or less counter act our snare from force ligtning or force slow.

If our snare effect tools are remove from ous we are more or less a sitting duck, to other classes which would have to do little to no work in fighting ous when we kite, if they are good and we a good, any fight between ous will often come to a draw on who works out alive.

Removing our snaring kiting tool we will turn into free kill for every melee class.

The biggest problem with resolve, is that abilities that root you in place do not add or affected by resolve. This really needs to change. As being rooted in place is a form of CC, and resolve should prevent it. Fix this, and you fix a lot of problems.

The biggest problem with resolve, is that abilities that root you in place do not add or affected by resolve. This really needs to change. As being rooted in place is a form of CC, and resolve should prevent it. Fix this, and you fix a lot of problems.

/signed