[Tracer Missile Spam Video] Bounty Hunter PvP PWNAGE!!!

McVade

Hey all,

I've taken my Bounty Hunter Alt and done an experiment with him. What happens when I remove everything but Tracer Missile from my bar and queue up for Huttball?

Enjoy!

Minimal editing done to speed up slow parts. Scoreboard revealed at the end. Removed my strafing keys relying on keyboard turning for the most part.

Edited by McVade

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of this ability, but at the same time I don't find it overpowered. Any bounty hunter or commando who spends his/her time spamming this same ability over and over is honestly an easy target that i'm going to search for. Interrupt him, force statis him, and just have an easy kill.

The ability is more or so annoying because there is a decent amount of them per game all focusing the same person with the least skilled ability. 1v1 it's horrid.

Not a fan of this ability, but at the same time I don't find it overpowered. Any bounty hunter or commando who spends his/her time spamming this same ability over and over is honestly an easy target that i'm going to search for. Interrupt him, force statis him, and just have an easy kill.

The ability is more or so annoying because there is a decent amount of them per game all focusing the same person with the least skilled ability. 1v1 it's horrid.

Focus fire will kill you, period, unless you have teammates working to keep you alive. It has nothing to do with the skill being used, and everything to do with you having multiple dps builds piling on you.

That said, I would love to fight someone who had ONLY tracer missile/grav round on their bars. Both my main characters can interrupt all day long while DPSing... I think my assassin could lock down such an opponent for a good 15 seconds easy in which they would be standing there taking damage. (Basically, interrupt, pop two skills, pop Whirlwind-instant-mode, more skills, interrupt again, two more attacks, electrocute, two more attacks, interrupt... I think I get off four interrupts of the casting, a total of 6 seconds of hard stun, 8 seconds of lockout... more disable depending on how long the float part of whirlwind is going, plus the time lost from interrupted casts. Good luck coming back from that. Oh, and Force Shroud counters your debuff stacks. And you can't interrupt me back or anything either, so...)

Also, it's not like there aren't skills that remove debuffs...

Edited by Randomness

Bad class design, there should be no obvious 1 spammable button. A well designed class should require the use of several abilities in a rotation to get the maximum benefit. Hopefully each ability is counter-able in some way to ensure nothing is guaranteed and keep the fights interesting.

Hopefully they fix some of these one skill wonders. This one is especially stupid since it is also a ranged ability.

Bad class design, there should be no obvious 1 spammable button. A well designed class should require the use of several abilities in a rotation to get the maximum benefit. Hopefully each ability is counter-able in some way to ensure nothing is guaranteed and keep the fights interesting.

Hopefully they fix some of these one skill wonders. This one is especially stupid since it is also a ranged ability.

Its designed well, you are supposed to cast it 2-3 times hope for a proc to use a specific other skill, after 3 shots you use demo round, then 2 more grav round then charged bolt as you will have 5 charge bolts bonus stacked by then (one per grav round). So yes the devs want them using grav round a lot as using it gives you bonus damage for multiple other skills. So if you interrupt it they are pretty ****ed because no other skills do as much damage.

Its designed well, you are supposed to cast it 2-3 times hope for a proc to use a specific other skill, after 3 shots you use demo round, then 2 more grav round then charged bolt as you will have 5 charge bolts bonus stacked by then (one per grav round). So yes the devs want them using grav round a lot as using it gives you bonus damage for multiple other skills. So if you interrupt it they are pretty ****ed because no other skills do as much damage.

I'm not quite sure I agree that casting Tracer Missile 5 out of 7 ability usages for max DPS is good design.

Edited by McVade

Not all classes have a lot of interupts though and while I agree LoS is a good defense it doesn't keep you from taking the massive damage that has already went out. When the missile is already fired it ignores the LoS just like if I use project on my sage and the enemy ducks behind a wall. As a Sage if I don't see them in time to make sure I get my interupt in immediately or LoS they get a couple of missiles off I am in such a heal deficit I won't be able to DPS them fast enough either way. A lot of times to you don't have time to seek out this person to make sure they get locked down because you are watching objectives or trying to focus a healer.

I don't think the class is op I actually think for the most part this game has good trade offs ability wise. I think this burst and how much this spec is dependent on it needs to be looked at. Really being able to spam one global and produce this dps I don't feel is what BW intended. Again I am not saying the class is OP or you can't counter tracer missiles but, I am sure most BHs wouldn't mind you changing the mechanics to make where spamming mostly(I understand other abilities are used based on this) one ability wasn't there most efficient means of dps.

Also I find this video HI-larious.

Focus fire will kill you, period, unless you have teammates working to keep you alive. It has nothing to do with the skill being used, and everything to do with you having multiple dps builds piling on you.

The point of my post was not that focus fire was unfair or that this ability has any chance. Honestly, I love it when they spam this. It makes my work very easy on a stationary channeling target.

Well, it does require to use several abilities in a rotation for maximum benefit.

The point of my post was not that focus fire was unfair or that this ability has any chance. Honestly, I love it when they spam this. It makes my work very easy on a stationary channeling target.

True that. I usually go for the grav round/tracer missile spammers because they're such an easy kill. I just interrupt one of them and most of the time they stand there complete clueless about what happened. Once they start spamming again I throw in a flashbang and finish them off.

I would be interested in seeing combat logs that show the difference in dps between spamming the one global vs doing the other things that are suppose to be infused with it. There have been games where a classes most efficient way and highest output was one button spam.

I would be interested in seeing combat logs that show the difference in dps between spamming the one global vs doing the other things that are suppose to be infused with it. There have been games where a classes most efficient way and highest output was one button spam.

I mean, I think even the most optimized rotation has Tracer Missile pressed 5 out of 7 times (at least that's what someone else said).

That's still pretty spammy.

Hey all,

I've taken my Bounty Hunter Alt and done an experiment with him. What happens when I remove everything but Tracer Missile from my bar and queue up for Huttball?

Enjoy!

Minimal editing done to speed up slow parts. Scoreboard revealed at the end. Removed my strafing keys relying on keyboard turning for the most part.

Your team lost 6 to 0. Sweet. Good job.

Edited by RycheMykola

Your team lost 6 to 0. Sweet. Good job.

Yes, but it's a hard sell to point at the guy who did the most damage AND got the most kills on either team and say: "You're the reason we lost."

I certainly didn't do much to hurt our chances, that's for sure.

Yes, but it's a hard sell to point at the guy who did the most damage AND got the most kills on either team and say: "You're the reason we lost."

I certainly didn't do much to hurt our chances, that's for sure.

A good analogy would be like if the Giants win the superbowl, but Tom Brady throws for more yards than Eli. Who cares?

Awesome, you got the most kills and most damage. I'd rather be on the winning team.

And what if this guy wasn't intentionally playing like a bone head and maybe he's with a buddy that's a healer with a friendly pull. He uses his CC/defensive abilities popped offensive cds. God forbid there is more than one...

BHs don't need to be blindly nerfed by any means but changing up the mechanics to be more what BW intended is not an unwarranted request.

A good analogy would be like if the Giants win the superbowl, but Tom Brady throws for more yards than Eli. Who cares?

Awesome, you got the most kills and most damage. I'd rather be on the winning team.

Keep in mind, I did so using one button. To play on the football thing you started, that's like if Tom Brady gave the ball to Ben Jarvis Green Ellis every single snap, and he ran it up the middle, every single time for 10 yards. Moreever, the Giants defense is TOLD by Belichick "this is what we're going to do every single time" (cast bar ftw).

I don't care if the Giants win or not in the end... there's going to be some explaining to do in that locker room after the game.

"Why was this allowed to happen, Defense?"

And the answer: "I think Ben Jarvis Green Ellis needs a nerf, even if - overall - the Patriots are balanced."

Edited by McVade

True that. I usually go for the grav round/tracer missile spammers because they're such an easy kill. I just interrupt one of them and most of the time they stand there complete clueless about what happened. Once they start spamming again I throw in a flashbang and finish them off.

People say "just interrupt it" but, I think, that's where positioning can play more of a help than even additional skills. If you notice in the video, I do get attacked a few times, but the way I've positioned myself, the bold melee who tries usually has to overextend himself, outranging his support and drawing notice to himself by my allies. He usually gets nuked down.

Until all classes have a 30m Interrupt, it's often easier said than done to "just interrupt it"

Edited by McVade

3 things I noticed from your video. Funny btw so props for making it.

1. You did nothing significant at all to the match

2. You got wrecked when melee finally got smart enough to come after you

3. You lost horribly

So what if a guy can sit there and spam missile. If the team they are playing lets them they will do good damage. Do the same thing on any other range class if left alone. Who cares if it's one button vs. 3 buttons.

I would personally love TM to get changed so they can change the whole tree to make it more fun to play. Don't bet on that changing since it would require an entire tree change.

Edited by Qilz

Keep in mind, I did so using one button. To play on the football thing you started, that's like if Tom Brady gave the ball to Ben Jarvis Green Ellis every single snap, and he ran it up the middle, every single time for 10 yards. Moreever, the Giants defense is TOLD by Belichick "this is what we're going to do every single time" (cast bar ftw).

I don't care if the Giants win or not in the end... there's going to be some explaining to do in that locker room after the game.

"

Good, point..................So if Brady tells the Giants "I am going to do a screen pass to the right every down to Green Ellis".

If the Giants D can't stop that, its because Brady is too good?

No, its the Giants DEF is atrocious. Which is what these people are who cannot beat a BH that is only using Tracer Missile.

The ONLY thing wrong with Tracer Missile is that there are too many talents tied to it in the Arsenal Tree. There's a reason why the animation has the BHer bending over.

This video actually proves TM isn't OP at all. Even against crappy newbs who let you spam it from a ledge.

Did you know that:

Fusion Missile,

Heat Seeker,

Flamethrower,

Unload,

Death From Above, and (I believe)

Railshot

all do more damage than Tracer Missile?

Yeah, the cry babies would really have something to bawl about if they actual fought BH's who knew their skill set.

TM is so easy to deal with, it's a non-issue.