Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is being done about the exploiters who made billions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What is being done about the exploiters who made billions?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rocketmanballs
12.12.2017 , 06:21 PM | #1
What is being done about the exploiters who made billions by buying companion gifts and selling them back? If you don't take away their money I'm gonna be pissed that I didn't exploit as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWmPJ71SE6Q
Love the snarky sarcasm? Help me and you both out by clicking my referral link here:
http://www.swtor.com/r/lYym7b

Costello
12.12.2017 , 06:23 PM | #2
I would be surprised if anything will be done.

After all to access those Billions they have to be a subscriber and that means they are paying monthly and they don't want to be driving away their subscribers.

Ylliarus
12.12.2017 , 06:28 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post
I would be surprised if anything will be done.

After all to access those Billions they have to be a subscriber and that means they are paying monthly and they don't want to be driving away their subscribers.
Agreed, I think nothing can be done because none of those exploiters was stupid enough to leave all those billions on their own characters or account. Likely they created fake accounts already, or had alternative accounts. The credits from the exploit are more than likely stored within guild banks, legacy banks and in items. The run on the GTN happened for one purpose only: to launder the money. Having billions on a character or account sticks out from the crowd, several hypercrates or rare items per character doesn't.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Eshvara
12.12.2017 , 06:28 PM | #4
Slap on the wrist.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Rocketmanballs
12.12.2017 , 06:37 PM | #5
Next time ill exploit my *** off then.
Love the snarky sarcasm? Help me and you both out by clicking my referral link here:

aerockyul
12.12.2017 , 06:38 PM | #6
Does anyone else's blood boil when these things happen and then the uber-rich have the gall to tell us all to run heroics or spend hours gathering/crafting and we can be just as rich as them?
Keeya, Lill'ya, Odessis, Vaisis, Mura Saki, HitessaJaista, Altheeka, Ayasi, Dunheiress
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx Eko'va, Namie Amuro, Misphire Portrait Gallery
Satele Shan ReferralsProud Ashara...ite? Asharan? Team Ashara!

Ylliarus
12.12.2017 , 06:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Rocketmanballs View Post
Next time ill exploit my *** off then.
I'd heavily discourage you from doing that, because while you may be doing much good for yourself... you'll harm others. Maybe not harm in the greatest extent of that word, but you'll be definitely ruining a lot of fun others have with this game. In essence... be a better person than those lowly slugs who did make use of the exploit

Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
Does anyone else's blood boil when these things happen and then the uber-rich have the gall to tell us all to run heroics or spend hours gathering/crafting and we can be just as rich as them?
Well, it is the path to becoming rich in SWTOR though... either that or you have to put down real money to buy Cartel Coins to be able to buy hypercrates to sell or rare items that are on the Cartel Market. You can't become rich in SWTOR by doing nothing.

So no, my blood doesn't boil when I hear that specifically because it's just the truth. My blood does boil however when a bunch of lowlives go and abuse an exploit, undoing a lot of hard work some people put in, in amassing wealth in this game through legit means. My blood boils when I know that those lowlives have an crazy amount of credits now at their disposal and can buy up the GTN again anytime they want, cause the economy ingame to decline further and inflation going up as well. My blood does boil when I know that those people can corner any part of the GTN market they want and drive up the prices without blinking an eye. And then the amount of credits people worked on for years to amass decreases in worth and value a lot.
ATTENTION: Include the Twi'lek into the 3 new eye colours from Appearance Options: Expanded Selections in the next patch. It was a huge mistake to not do this from the start as they are being grossly neglected as a playable species.
Oh yeah, and this is my referral link!

Eshvara
12.12.2017 , 06:55 PM | #8
Oh god yes.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Rocketmanballs
12.12.2017 , 07:27 PM | #9

Well, that's called work and I have no issues with that as I do it myself. What makes me mad is people exploit and make billions in a matter of minutes when I work my butt off to earn my 100 million in credits.

TrixxieTriss
12.12.2017 , 07:42 PM | #10
And even if we do work our butts off, we would never be that rich doing it that way. The gap between the “haves” and the “have nots” in the game is so large now, that any normal player will never catch up.
All that means is the Uber rich can now dominate the whole GTN market because they basically own everything that is worth anything. Prices will continue to rise and they will continue to say how we have to work for it.
The whole scenario isn’t much different to real life now. Except the market is so small and and the ones that own it will dominate and shut out anyone else trying to make any credits because they can always afford a price war to drive down prices and then buy everything cheap again. You know, like how they do when the stock market crashes and the Uber rich see it happening before anyone else, make it worse even and then come out richer on the other side.
Moving forward the Uber rich will get richer from peoples hardwork running heroic and crafting, while they sit there and do jack squat.