Subs broken or game closing ?

TrixxieTriss

When SOE implemented their "all access plan" (whatever it was called) it felt, to me, like a way to pad subscription numbers.

"We have 750k subscribers on the plan...200k that came from swg / 550k from the other games all added up" (as a pure example) can suddenly become "We have 750k subscribers who can play SWG." or even "We have 750k SWG subscribers."

Just like statistics, you can manipulate data to say almost whatever you want.

It's disingenuous, but from a certain point of view, also true.

Hopefully that isn't the goal here.

I wonder what that might do for the game though...if people didn't have to pay anything 'extra' to play SWTOR, would they be more inclined to install it?

I think people are jumping to conclusions way to fast.

Its clear based on recent events that they are making large back end changes, migrating over to EAs back end system for example... why would they bother with any of that if they were closing it down?

Its clearly had issues, first the CC snafu, now this, but again if they were dumping it why bother fixing it at all?

Not to mention they have announced both an expansion and PvP update.

None of this equals anything other than someone goofed on the backend migration and systems integrations.

I wonder what that might do for the game though...if people didn't have to pay anything 'extra' to play SWTOR, would they be more inclined to install it?

Probably.

Going in reverse, I'd be more inclined to "try out" other EA games if it was included in my new yearly subscription that was cheaper than what I was already paying.

Probably.

Going in reverse, I'd be more inclined to "try out" other EA games if it was included in my new yearly subscription that was cheaper than what I was already paying.

I completely agree. It could be a good move...they make money on the CM - subs are steady income, but not enough to float the game entirely. On top of that, if I get access to another EA game for my $15 (that I already spend), I might be more inclined to buy some cosmetic item in whatever game I may try. It could be a really interesting prospect - get me wanting cosmetics items in multiple games...

I completely agree. It could be a good move...they make money on the CM - subs are steady income, but not enough to float the game entirely. On top of that, if I get access to another EA game for my $15 (that I already spend), I might be more inclined to buy some cosmetic item in whatever game I may try. It could be a really interesting prospect - get me wanting cosmetics items in multiple games...

This is my thinking as well. It may be an effort to capture more player interest in additional games while hoping it leads to increased revenue from cash shops and micro-transactions in games the players may not have tried otherwise.

That’s the only thing that makes sense.