Innovate this mother!

Where did it go....voice acting and excellent story...then you hit 50 and BAM!, your playing every other MMO. This post is from a lover of TOR, not a hater. Im not gonna unsub if my ideas aren't implemented :)

Not that they will ever be seen by developer eyes, but I wanted top share some ideas that I feel would innovate as opposed to copy other games with a new wrapper.

actical Flashpoints that require fun, engaging play, not structured same old, same old. Every flashpoint feels too similar conceptually. Find a tank, find a healer, find 2 DPS, have a general idea of the boss fights,...blah blah blah. I understand, these are the base model for a flashpoint. Now what? Just keep waiting for the next one? it will be awesome the first time, then you won't want to do it again because BT can grind your commendations faster?

Why not use your ingenuity and innovate the concept. How about: "This flashpoint needs 4 people - period."

Some conceptual ideas:

- Flashpoints that require the team to split up

* 2 pairs

* all 4 have their own mission (maybe they can use companions)

* Raids with multiple split points - 4 this way, 4 this way "You guys disable the generators, we will repair the life support"

- Flashpoints that change

* This concept exists in Phantasy Star Online - the layout is not always identical, there are variations

* Maybe there are rare enemy appearances that don't happen every time

- Flashpoints with true conversational impacts

* This has been dabbled with slightly, but a more serious approach would be awesome

* Maybe the Smuggler has a smart *** comment? So, the final boss teleports him into a jail cell. Now the flashpoint has to be done with 3, but to avoid making it too difficult, you can pull a companion.

~ How cool would it be to be the one in the cell? Then you have to break out, fight through some enemies and maybe work your way through the ventilation system to get back to your team??

- Flashpoints that call people out

* This one is more of a depth idea. How cool would it be to be in the flashpoint and hear a boss say "You Revenites are all the same!" or "You think your alliance with the Voss makes you special?" or "Listen Jeff, this ain't Huttball"

- Flashpoints that have multiple "right" ways

* Tunnel A is a water cavern with who knows what is waiting...(hard)

~ This skips a boss and replaces it with a new one

* Tunnel B is the above ground assault with troopers to tackle (easy)

~ This is the "normal" route of the instance

- Flashpoints that have complexity and use multiple game systems

* "At this point, we are heading to space to get to that base on the moon"

* "Looks like we will have to play Huttball to get out of this one..."

* "This guy is serious, everyone get on the comms and call in for back-up (companions join)

- Flashpoint that use crew skills

* We need to get this door open

~ To avoid the difficulty, maybe 6 different crew skills can open the door..one way or another

+ Artifice: Re-work the interface and align a Volatile crystal to overload the circuit

+ Slicer....slice the dam thing! ...you get the idea.

- Flashpoints that feel heroic

* Anyone who has played "The Force Unleashed" know how heroic it is when you finish a boss. This would be a small add, that won;t take away from the boss fights. When he's at zero, have a trigger that makes each party member do something to finish him. Maybe they even get to chose what they want to do. The Inquisitor lifts him with the force and the Warrior Leaps up and takes him out. This would be a much more satisfying end to boss fights as opposed to "Oh, whew, we killed him". Gratification here would be awesome.

That's all I got for now...what about you guys? Like the ideas? What would you like to see? Thanks for reading!

Nice ideas. They would take a lot of work to implement, but if possible, I'd be very much for most of these ideas to make flashpoints more interesting ^^

As for Ops, surprises like losing my healer in a jail cell would not be appreciated lol. But different routes to take to reach the last boss yes please ^^ Such as wings of an instance etc, and requiring to beat all wings to reach last boss etc.

Hi, to be fair there are some of these elements in some of the flashpoints and raids.

- Flashpoints that require the team to split up - Eternity Vault requires the raid to split for Ancient Pylons, and each fights individually for Infernal Council, and Denova for the boss pairs and one splits off to do minefield. While I agree these aren't separate routes. As far as FPs the closest is LI operating the 3 consoles while the healer heals.

- Flashpoints that change - yes this would be an idea and I do think this would add some longevity, but of course it might be percieved that it's more 'value' to offer 2 FPs with 4 bosses each than 1 FP with any 4 of 8 bosses

- Flashpoints with true conversational impacts. Esseles has meaningful conversational decisions, also Red Reaper. Some of the others have more globally important ones e.g. saving the fleet in was it T5? which don't have much impact within the flashpoint and they could dial the consequences of this up better.

- Flashpoints that call people out. I like False Emperor for this when each is singled out in turn for solo combat. And Dir7 replication (except when there was the unending sith warriors spawning bug). I think some bosses do comment on your race, I cr where though

- Flashpoints that have multiple "right" ways. I'm not sure I agree, people will just go the easy way. As it is, we have hard bonus bosses if you want to do them, and some bosses are skippable in some instances if you want.

- Flashpoints that have complexity and use multiple game systems. False Emperor's last fight, the cannon in Kaon, actually Collicoid is so different they had to put in special instructions and is heavily puzzle based as well. other boss fights have phases, like those in LI, or Athiss, or Cademimu

- Flashpoint that use crew skills - there are some areas/elevators that can be sliced in I think Mandalorian Raiders, you can take a different route in Red Reaper using Artifice. Collicoid, Athiss and others let you gain a droid or creature pet to fight with you using scavenging and bioanalysis. So I think this is well covered.

- Flashpoints that feel heroic. They have this in False Emperor, I agree that some of the other boss fights just end and the pat on the back from Satele comes a bit late to feel heroic so they could do more here. But some of this is a spacebar issue.

I think there is a good variance in the FPs, it's clear they have tried to make them work differently. But more variation is always welcome. The problem I think is the more simple one - that you have to redo end game material over and over until it is very boring and any original twists become normalised to you, and you spacebar through all the dialogue that made the FP meaningful.

Nice ideas. They would take a lot of work to implement, but if possible, I'd be very much for most of these ideas to make flashpoints more interesting ^^

As for Ops, surprises like losing my healer in a jail cell would not be appreciated lol. But different routes to take to reach the last boss yes please ^^ Such as wings of an instance etc, and requiring to beat all wings to reach last boss etc.

I agree, maybe there is a system in place to prevent this. Like, maybe someone can offer themselves up to "save" the healer from being taken. Jump in front of the arrow, so to speak.

hi, to be fair there are some of these elements in some of the flashpoints and raids.

- flashpoints that require the team to split up - i agree with you, it does exist in some smaller capacity. Wouldn't you enjoy it if it were more epic though? Like, this is a serious break-up and we need you to rock your part out while we do ours! I mean like, each group has a serious mission with a mini-boss and such.

- flashpoints that change - might be percieved that it's more 'value' to offer 2 fps with 4 bosses each than 1 fp with any 4 of 8 bosses -- again, great point, maybe the bosses aren't skippable, so much as they are chosable, but a certain amount it required.

- flashpoints with true conversational impacts. Could dial the consequences of this up better. im with ya!

- flashpoints that have multiple "right" ways. I'm not sure i agree, people will just go the easy way. -- the easy way won't give the same level of reward is my thought...you can take the easy road, but the comms are double down the difficult one.

- flashpoints that have complexity and use multiple game systems. - i may have been unclear here, i mean outside of the flashpoint system, i.e. Space combat.

- flashpoint that use crew skills - so i think this is well covered - you're right, it has been used here and there, but seeing it have more depth and meaning would be great. It always a click of a button right now.

the problem i think is the more simple one - that you have to redo end game material over and over until it is very boring and any original twists become normalised to you, and you spacebar through all the dialogue that made the fp meaningful. -- i agree, the gear grind is an awful game mechanic that causes this. I really hope they one day bioware rids themselves of this archaic concept.