35 Bags, 1 Item

z_DieHard_z

What is UP with this PvP system?? This is extremely frustrating, I have opened about 35 bags (yes I have kept count) and received only one piece of Champion Gear. What is up with this!?

I have a friend who I play with regularly and he has opened the exact same number of bags as me, and he has just completed his full champion set.

People gamble because they hope for a pay-off, and BioWare is not giving me my payoff so, like any human being, i am eventually going to stop gambling. Give me something to work with here Bioware!

From Patch Notes 1.1.2:

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

(No, reducing the drop rate (REDUCING :confused:) of champion items and increasing the number of centurion commendations in each bag is only going to cause a tremendous gear gap between people who PvP pre-patch 1.1.2, and people who pvp post-patch 1.1.2)

Give me a way to grind for champion gear that doesnt rely on the luck of the draw! I am done gambling in this game!

Man is this frustrating or what?

Yes it is happening in 1.1.2. Dev's have confirmed it.

Praise the lord.. Now if only bioware would give me my 35 bags back so i can wait and open them post patch 1.1.2 and actually get some sort of reward for hours of play time. (Yeah, that probably isnt going to happen -.-)

35 bags and one piece of Champion gear? That means you have 102 Centurion Comms no? You can buy 3 pieces of Centurion armor.

Yeah, and I have bought my 3 centurion pieces, it just seems like a very small pay-off for the amount of time I have invested towards getting those 35 bags.. Especially when you see people around you in full champion gear.

What is UP with this PvP system?? This is extremely frustrating, I have opened about 35 bags (yes I have kept count) and received only one piece of Champion Gear. What is up with this!?

I have a friend who I play with regularly and he has opened the exact same number of bags as me, and he has just completed his full champion set.

People gamble because they hope for a pay-off, and BioWare is not giving me my payoff so, like any human being, i am eventually going to stop gambling. Give me something to work with here Bioware!

From Patch Notes 1.1.2:

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

(No, reducing the drop rate (REDUCING :confused:) of champion items and increasing the number of centurion commendations in each bag is only going to cause a tremendous gear gap between people who PvP pre-patch 1.1.2, and people who pvp post-patch 1.1.2)

Give me a way to grind for champion gear that doesnt rely on the luck of the draw! I am done gambling in this game!

Screen shot or it didn't happen. 102 centurion commendations or a combination of cent gear/comms equaling that amount and your single piece of champ gear.

print screen, screenshots will be in your documents/star wars - the old republic file/screenshots folder

Use imgur.com to upload images and provide an image link

From Patch Notes 1.1.2:

That is RNG for you OP, it happens.

35 bags and one piece of Champion gear? That means you have 102 Centurion Comms no? You can buy 3 or 4 pieces of Centurion armor.

sweet he gets 3 pieces of the crappiest gear while his friend is already finished the next tier

stop defending the system fanboi

Yeah, and I have bought my 3 centurion pieces, it just seems like a very small pay-off for the amount of time I have invested towards getting those 35 bags.. Especially when you see people around you in full champion gear.

The Centurion stuff isn't bad. It's rated at least as good as dailies purples and you get some expertise. Champ stuff is obviously much better but hopefully with the next patch it will be more steady.

Why does this thread exists?

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that[/Quote]

wow 1 in 35? I actually got 3 champion pieces in the last 4 bags I got.

While I am grateful that this happened to me, that is just ridiculous, the discrepancy in luck. I'll probably go on tilt and not see another piece for the next 100 bags.

Screen shot or it didn't happen. 102 centurion commendations or a combination of cent gear/comms equaling that amount and your single piece of champ gear.

print screen, screenshots will be in your documents/star wars - the old republic file/screenshots folder

Use imgur.com to upload images and provide an image link

A screenshot wont strengthen my point unless I give you a screen shot of my entire bank, storage, and any place else I could possibly put the gear.. otherwise you could just accuse me of banking the pieces away. You are just going to have to take my word on this one.

A screenshot wont strengthen my point unless I give you a screen shot of my entire bank, storage, and any place else I could possibly put the gear.. otherwise you could just accuse me of banking the pieces away. You are just going to have to take my word on this one.

For whatever it's worth I believe you. If one person can open 35 bags and get almost a full set of tier 2 and another gets 3 pieces of Tier 1 it's not a good progression system. It's good that they are changing it.