Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
*UPDATED* Maintenance: August 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
08.18.2017 , 01:09 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey everyone!

*UPDATE* We will be taking the servers offline on Thursday, August 24th in order to apply Game Update 5.4. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 24 August 2017
TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: 5.4

Patch Notes are available here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lord_Rezo
08.18.2017 , 01:52 PM | #2
Couldnt we get the patchnotes earlier?

I mean, a few days before, not literally the day before.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion.

Quote: Originally Posted by Goalan
The world is what you make of it. If you break down real life it can be just a grind too. Or you could go through life and enjoy the journey, and beauty of it all.

Trlance
08.19.2017 , 11:50 AM | #3
What about Uprising: Trail and Error last door before last boss fix?

orangenee
08.19.2017 , 06:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Trlance View Post
What about Uprising: Trail and Error last door before last boss fix?
ROFL, there's still class story progression bugs left in there since......what? Launch. I doubt they'll fix that.

I strongly suspect they only release notes the day before is so they can have the weekend off from people moaning, they've already given us (via "insiders") what class changes are coming anyway.
SWTOR Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/Kqsyhb #FreeMalgus #MarrReborn

JessieStar
08.21.2017 , 04:13 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Rezo View Post
Couldnt we get the patchnotes earlier?

I mean, a few days before, not literally the day before.
Yeah, would be nice. Question is, how late they bring lastest changes and last miute bug fixes before the patch build, deployment test, etc. And doubtful they're gonna provide details during w-end and unlikely they'll be willing to do that on Friday, so it leaves only Monday - D-1 before the patch

NuSeC
08.21.2017 , 09:21 AM | #6
Less then 24 hours from the update... patch note please.
3 server merges and a transfer later...
Kinrath Spider -> Fatman -> Pot5 -> Shadowlands -> Star Forge
GM of <Blue Milk Dairy Farmers>
Elite Warlord Doze - Jugg / Elite Warlord Bigolcritties - Sorc

Debilatorrex
08.21.2017 , 10:10 AM | #7
Oh man, waiting till last minute to post the notes? I mean what is this? Are they really making last second changes or what?

Eshvara
08.21.2017 , 10:21 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Debilatorrex View Post
Oh man, waiting till last minute to post the notes? I mean what is this? Are they really making last second changes or what?
Probably stuff like checking for spelling errors and reading the entire patch notes etc!

Or so I would assume.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Nebdar
08.21.2017 , 11:29 AM | #9
So..
Quote:
New Stronghold “Umbara Mobile Base” - Once you’ve uncovered the traitor, expand your command with a new Stronghold, the Umbara Mobile Base! For the first time, personalize your very own moving train and enjoy the sights as the shadow world’s eerie landscape passes by.
I have all 6 strongholds unlocked.... will I be able to "expand your command with a new Stronghold, the Umbara Mobile Base!" without turning off one of my current strongholds?
Chancellor Keith has ordered construction of New Mega Servers. 5 servers to Rule them ALL. Rebels Beware!
We had our New Hope chapter in SWTOR development it seems now is the time for E(A)mpire Strikes Back or will there will be Return of The Jedi?

EricMusco
08.21.2017 , 04:07 PM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I apologize for the late notice on this. We are going to delay the launch of Game Update 5.4 by 24 hours. Crisis on Umbara's maintenance will now be on Wednesday, 8/23 at the same time as the originally planned maintenance (5AM - 9AM PDT).

As we do with all updates, we continually test until it goes out the door. From this testing we discovered a critical bug with the Crisis on Umbara Flashpoint. This bug can prevent a substantial amount of gameplay when a player experiences it, from not playing the intro cinematic to not allowing re-entry into the instance. Due to the severity of the bug, we are not comfortable releasing the Game Update in its current state.

I will go ahead and updated the messaging in both this thread and the launcher to reflect the new maintenance window. Again, we do apologize for the late notice and thank you for your patience.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]