Let's punish the players for YOUR design flaws

infestedchris

I kinda missed out on all this. Was this camping against the rules? Or was it just "bad sportsmanship". If it was the latter, I'd agree with the original poster. BioWare designed a system that people then used to gain valor.

Exploiting and Griefing are against the rules ie -Terms of Service. The OP has zero ground to stand on.

I kinda missed out on all this. Was this camping against the rules? Or was it just "bad sportsmanship". If it was the latter, I'd agree with the original poster. BioWare designed a system that people then used to gain valor.

You weren't supposed to be able to get in the spawn, nor were the turrets intended to be destroyable. The system that was supposed to kill you for going into the enemy spawn area glitched out, you were supposed to die instantly like you do in warzones but it broke so people farmed tons of valor spawncamping.

And let's be honest and objective here: very VERY few players out of the whole population got to take advantage of this exploit. So the reality is, if Bioware doesn't roll back your ill-gotten valor, etc., then they are in effect punishing everyone else. Hopefully, they roll yuo guys back to ZERO, just to drive home the point.

It was do to a bug (turrets were meant to insta kill people). Exploiting a bug is against the rules.

And let's be honest and objective here: very VERY few players out of the whole population got to take advantage of this exploit. So the reality is, if Bioware doesn't roll back your ill-gotten valor, etc., then they are in effect punishing everyone else. Hopefully, they roll yuo guys back to ZERO, just to drive home the point.

They're taking similar action to the liars who say they were banned when they weren't. So yeah on that front BioWare is awesome.

Good idea. Punish the players for YOUR design flaws. It is not their fault. Does Bioware take any responsibility? The only analogy I can think of is... noticing a hole in the back yard under the fence. And then doing nothing about it, while your dog keeps digging and eventually gets out. Then the dog shreds that persons yard and chomps on a toddlers pet bunny rabbit. The owner of the dog goes free? I am pretty sure the dogs pay check will buy little Suzie a new bunny. Seriously where is the leash Bioware? Tame your dogs. Fix the fence.

Sorry officer!

I don't think you have the right to arrest me. It isn't myyyy fault Mr. Doe left his door unlocked. It isn't myyyy fault I robbed him. It isn't myyyy fault.

Edited by Yuuj

You're comparing players to an animal incapable of rational thought and knowing the difference between right and wrong.

BioWare is accountable for bad game design, but what about ownership of the players?

Beat me to it. Welcome to reality people, where actions have concequences, and stamping your feet screaming DERR i didnt noez!! BW made it liek that!! Just aint gonna fly. Smarten up and deal with it.

Look, if you know something is unfair and you exploit it, how can you not expect repercussions?

No MMO company I know will just say "Oops, sorry, yeah you exploited the problem to the detriment of the server economy and/or player balance, but it's our bad!"

Seriously. You knew it was an exploit. If you claim you didn't you're full of ****.

This was posted on facebook.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

Good idea. Punish the players for YOUR design flaws. It is not their fault. Does Bioware take any responsibility?

If your so serious about fairness and fun. Stop wasting man power punishing people. Use the man power to fix your game.

Discuss...

Punish the players?....for the game's design flaws?...Are you for real? I think the man just DID take responsibility for what happened. He said they were working on fixing the problem! And if people don't want to have actions taken against them for deliberately doing THE WRONG THING, then maybe they should....I DUNNO, NOT DO IT. It's a stretch, I realize, for many people to take the high road, but one can always hope.

I swear, people will continue to complain, no matter what the devs say.

BW hot patched the Taxis so you couldn't get into the area as easily yet people continued to **** the Pub Base. Seems like they did everything they could to discourage the act short of shutting down the servers. Punish the exploiters so I can come here and draw energy from all the tears they shed.

Then the dog shreds that persons yard and chomps on a toddlers pet bunny rabbit. The owner of the dog goes free? I am pretty sure the dogs pay check will buy little Suzie a new bunny. Seriously where is the leash Bioware? Tame your dogs. Fix the fence.

No, but if it becomes a serious enough problem, the dog usually is forced to be put down.

Edited by Twyggaerynn