SWToR is beyond all hope

Taurusaud

You know after Bioware delayed patch 1.1 saying they wanted to make sure it was ready, you would think that, given the buggy launch, Bioware would have learned their lesson and made extra sure this patch worked.

And yet not only does this patch NOT fix alot of what the patch notes claim, but it breaks even more things. My abilities light up now even when they are on CD, Ilum is even worse than it was before (if such a thing is imaginable), people get blackscreens trying to log into the game, ability delay is worse, I mean the list just goes on...

How do you resubs approve of this shoddy implementation? You keep saying "give them time", well we did and look what happened. This so-called "patch" has been an abject failure.

You should read the patch notes. Your first "bug" isn't a bug at all. The system may not be to your liking, but it's not a bug.

Ilum's in better shape than it was. You may not think so, and you're entitled to that, but I'd disagree.

I've never seen a black screen logging in, though I friend who has -- and he's been getting it off and on since launch. It's not a new thing at all, and I'm guessing you've never seen it yourself. Few people have.

Ability delay is no worse than it's ever been and we have a timeline on a fix.

So, you've got at least a couple misconceptions on your list.

Then you'll move on to the the gw2 forums and start QQing like 5 year olds at their launch for not being perfect. Then claim the fanbois...(see I spelled it with an "i" cuz I'm cool on the internet) will be the only ones playing that.

The real question is.....what's the biggest MMO to come after GW2..

^ This, 1000x this. This has been a very smooth launch in terms of MMOs, only the combat system has really been the problem, which is hopefully seeing fixes in PTR soon.

Guild Wars 2, despite the amazing reviews and near perfectness even before Beta, it will have that one feature that alot of people want and complain about, or that one buggy area, or that one buggy... oh what do they call them... dynamic event.

First month or two is about 90% of the time the "paid Beta", a term I am seeing become increasingly popular, as alot of issues appear under the massive server stress that didn't appear during the less stressful Beta conditions, so just go away for another month or two and stop making un-constructive posts on the forums.

FYI, the most constructive thread on the forums has already reached the post cap about like what, 7 times now? Proving it is much more useful than this dribble people are spilling out just saying "x is broken, y is broken, z doesn't have this", without any specific details on why it is broken or actual examples.

*sigh* Oh well, at least I've got beer.

At first i was like troll.. then i saw your sig. and i was like. he played SWG.. he knows what a game looks like when its a complete and utter failure..

While SWTOR has issues. its not as bad as SWG .. yet.

^This^

I feel like anybody who has played SWG from pre-CE to post-NGE should get some sort of medal. You don't know anything about broken MMO's until you have your favorite game twisted and deformed in front of you very eyes.

The point being, no game is perfect. I hate using this as an example, but look at WoW at launch. Sure, through your nostalgia-glasses, you barely remember the huge problems they had in their first month.

MMO's are absolutely friggin' huge. There is miles of coding involved in making these things work. To get EVERYTHING right on the first try is, dare I say, impossible. Without essentially doing a long-term open beta, there's no way for them to crush every bug in the game pre-launch. I honestly can't think of one MMO that had less problems that SWTOR. Even for WoW it was the same crap... people were complaining that things were better with EverQuest. This is what I call "Same Sh*t, Different Game".

There's many free mmorpgs.

I guess you could argue it takes electricity to play it though, and thus 'costs money'..

Don't you even go there, damnit! :mad:

No, there isn't. If those MMOs were "free", there would be no money to pay the devs.

Somebody somewhere is paying for that game to stay alive, and if you're not paying in cash then you're paying in reduced availability of game content.

NOTHING is free. Except maybe happiness. Or sunshine. Or rain.

You know after Bioware delayed patch 1.1 saying they wanted to make sure it was ready, you would think that, given the buggy launch, Bioware would have learned their lesson and made extra sure this patch worked.

And yet not only does this patch NOT fix alot of what the patch notes claim, but it breaks even more things. My abilities light up now even when they are on CD, Ilum is even worse than it was before (if such a thing is imaginable), people get blackscreens trying to log into the game, ability delay is worse, I mean the list just goes on...

How do you resubs approve of this shoddy implementation? You keep saying "give them time", well we did and look what happened. This so-called "patch" has been an abject failure.

It's called patience?

Do yourself a favor.. go back and look at every MMO since MMOs were first conceived and do just a little digging around and see what you find out about EVERY SINGLE ONE of them.

I'll tell you what you'll find.

You'll find that MMOs launch

You'll find that every MMO launched had problems

You'll find that most MMOs have gotten better in terms of bugs, glitches, even features and content as time passed.

You'll find that most MMOs have had many more problems, bugs, crashes, server instability and so on than this game has had.

Most importantly you'll find that EVERY MMO is a mater of time in development. You'll see that there is not a single MMO that was ever launched, and it's pretty safe to say not one that ever will be launched that was 100% completely fixed in the first month after launch.

Patience.

You absolutely have to have it in this industry.

Edited by HavenAE

Hello all,

We do appreciate and encourage constructive feedback of all kinds, both positive and negative. There are a couple of threads we have that are great places to give your thoughts and opinions on bugs and suggestions of features you would like to see in game. We are going to close this thread and encourage you to add your constructive feedback to one of the following threads:

The Ultimate Bug List

The Suggestion Compilation

Thank you for understanding!