I want a Manaan Stronghold.

ZionHalcyon

For a planet of all water, I could seriously live there after seeing the lobby for the new FP on tc.

Could be damn fun too. Imagine steps going into the depths instead of up, giving an aquarium feel and as fish pass by and the occasional curious Selkath peeks in a window at your pad, with the Manaan theme playing in the background.

That sort of serene spot in a crazy galaxy at war is incredibly appealing to me.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stonghold on Manaan? Sign me up! :)

I've never played KOTOR so I have no sentimental attachment to the planet, but I've always loved the water and housing in such a setting could be amazing. Definitely my #1 choice for an additional stronghold location.

For a planet of all water, I could seriously live there after seeing the lobby for the new FP on tc.

Could be damn fun too. Imagine steps going into the depths instead of up, giving an aquarium feel and as fish pass by and the occasional curious Selkath peeks in a window at your pad, with the Manaan theme playing in the background.

That sort of serene spot in a crazy galaxy at war is incredibly appealing to me.

I agree 100%. This was my exact thought as soon as I got to Manaan. Oceanfront patio all around, lots of windows for the above-water living space so you can admire the sun sparking on the ocean, bedrooms in the lower level with windows showing the marine life with rays of light filtering down from above. Ambitious, sure, but it would be so amazing, it would blow all the other strongholds right out of the water, so to speak.

• 3 weeks later...
Then again, since we're not a part of continuity any more, BioWare could go nuts.

That's actually not true. The "Legends" canon is still part of the canon, but as a semi-canon. It's stated as "Stories of what happened". They said these may be accurate or innaccurate stories but it can be presumed accurate until new canon is made on the subject. The only EU completely nullified is the Post-RotJ stuff.

So not too different from the pre-disney tiers but now it's official. Except post RotJ-EU is completely dead. And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it? Plus i've heard JJ considered taking elements from the thrawn trilogy for the new movies so we'll see what happens there.

Edited by Zyrious

That's actually not true. The "Legends" canon is still part of the canon, but as a semi-canon. It's stated as "Stories of what happened". They said these may be accurate or innaccurate stories but it can be presumed accurate until new canon is made on the subject. The only EU completely nullified is the Post-RotJ stuff.

So not too different from the pre-disney tiers but now it's official. Except post RotJ-EU is completely dead. And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it? Plus i've heard JJ considered taking elements from the thrawn trilogy for the new movies so we'll see what happens there.

TOR book are continued? No.

TOR comics? No.

Korriban? No, it's Morraband. In the official canon Korriban is not even an alternative name for the Sith homeworld.

Et cetera.

All parts of EU is noncanon. The only difference is that post-RotJ will be completely contradicted while TOR won't be touched for now but this does not change the fact that it is officially regarded as noncanon.

I know that it hurts but you act like a person whose friend gone missing for years and is dead for sure, but you keep denying it.

And what's up with "And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it?". It's your personal opinion. Many people prefer post-RotJ period and books over TOR which is glorified by Revan fanboys. From TOR period the only books that in my opinion are worth attention is the Bane trilogy, Revan and Deceived. Nothing more. While post-RotJ has the Thrawn Trilogy and Duology, New Jedi Order and Fate of the Jedi. That's a plenty of books worth reading.

End of offtopic.

Alderaan still blows up in Legends continuity, so ZionHalcyon had a point :D

Edited by PavSalco

TOR book are continued? No.

TOR comics? No.

Korriban? No, it's Morraband. In the official canon Korriban is not even an alternative name for the Sith homeworld.

Et cetera.

All parts of EU is noncanon. The only difference is that post-RotJ will be completely contradicted while TOR won't be touched for now but this does not change the fact that it is officially regarded as noncanon.

I know that it hurts but you act like a person whose friend gone missing for years and is dead for sure, but you keep denying it.

And what's up with "And besides thrawn, that's not entirely a bad thing, is it?". It's your personal opinion. Many people prefer post-RotJ period and books over TOR which is glorified by Revan fanboys. From TOR period the only books that in my opinion are worth attention is the Bane trilogy, Revan and Deceived. Nothing more. While post-RotJ has the Thrawn Trilogy and Duology, New Jedi Order and Fate of the Jedi. That's a plenty of books worth reading.

End of offtopic.

Alderaan still blows up in Legends continuity, so ZionHalcyon had a point :D

You obviously need to go re-read the press-release and interviews with Lucasfilm staff. The EU is not non-canon until new canon on the subject is made. Only post-RotJ is officially non-canon. Like it or not those are the facts. They stated again and again the EU is not "Non canon", but it isnt Official canon and can be overwritten and contradicted. This is not disimilar to the old Lucasfilm lore-rules, Except that all future books, games, et cetera are official canon on the same level as the movies. That would include any future books or stories on the TOR period.

But i digress.

Edited by Zyrious

You obviously need to go re-read the press-release and interviews with Lucasfilm staff.

No, you have to go re-read the press release.

There is no difference between post- and pre-RotJ. Only movies and The Clone Wars are Canon, plus upcoming novels, comics and Rebels. Expanded Universe is just something they can use, but it's nothing more than source of inspiration.

Edited by Apophis_

No, you have to go re-read the press release.

There is no difference between post- and pre-RotJ. Only movies and The Clone Wars are Canon, plus upcoming novels, comics and Rebels. Expanded Universe is just something they can use, but it's nothing more than source of inspiration.

Again go look up all the info on "Legends" canon, until new canon is produced it is still considered semi-canon. I dont know what you people have against that but i know some people have been wanting EU to be completely demolished. There's a reason they spent 3 press releases saying "It's not non-canon. It's stories of what happened. They may be inaccurate, but it's what people believe happened". Infact i think that quote is on starwars.com

Again go look up all the info on "Legends" canon, until new canon is produced it is still considered semi-canon. I dont know what you people have against that but i know some people have been wanting EU to be completely demolished. There's a reason they spent 3 press releases saying "It's not non-canon. It's stories of what happened. They may be inaccurate, but it's what people believe happened". Infact i think that quote is on starwars.com

I have read EVERY SINGLE EU BOOK, and I would never want EU to be demolished, I just follow everything that is Star Wars related, especially if it is EU-related, and I understand that there is only one Canon now and SWTOR is not part of it. We are talking about CANON, things that are importand for the future Star Wars stories, not about Legends, things that might have happened, but-who-knows-what-the-next-book/movie-will-change.

Sorry, but I won't continue this disscusion here, because it is not only unrelated to Manaan (Manaan is non-canon, but Selkath species appeared in The Clone Wars), but also boring and annoying.