New augment system help!

Slamuel

Hello. I am a level 45 sentinel. I have two pieces of augmented gear, headgear, and an earpiece or implant. I will have to ditch the latter soon, it is underleveled for me. However, I wish to keep the helmet. Come 1.3, will it retain its aug?

I dont see why augmented gear would lose their augment slots with 1.3. I think you can add augment slots to anything in 1.3. But thats the only change I am aware of. I think all current augmented gear will stay the way it is.

As far as I know.

I dont see why augmented gear would lose their augment slots with 1.3. I think you can add augment slots to anything in 1.3. But thats the only change I am aware of. I think all current augmented gear will stay the way it is.

As far as I know.

ok. thanks.

As far as I know.

Augmented gear will retain the augment slot, with the following caveat:

Since the new augment slots have different tiers (Mk. 1 - Mk. 6, IIRC) corresponding to different level ranges, an item carrying an augment slot prior to 1.3 will have its slot limited to either the tier corresponding to the actual level of the item (if the slot is empty) or the tier of the actual augment in the slot (if the slot is filled prior to the changeover). Any new augment-capable items crit-crafted after 1.3 will follow the same rule, where the slot is the level of the crafted item by default.

In other words, if you have a level 10 or 20 augmented item on a higher-level character, make sure you've got a high-level augment in there before the patch, or you'll need to upgrade the slot with an augment kit.

Greetings everyone!

We have several developer answers and resources regarding the augment system for Game Update 1.3.

In our Community Q&A Blog for May 11th, 2012:

Wookieluva: In a previous Q&A it was stated that there will be a way to add augment slots to existing items! I like the idea but was wondering about how it is planned to put it in. Would it be by adding a crafted item to the armor? Or would it be put in by some long-winded quest? Or both?

David: Adding an augment to an item through the augment table will require an augment kit and credits. The kits can be traded and are created by crafters. Reverse engineering crafted items will give you the materials required to create augment kits. You can also see other previously answered questions and my answers in regards to this topic here.

In our Community Q&A Blog for June 1st, 2012:

JimG: For the new augment slots for Game Update 1.3, will the tier of augment slot raise the level required to equip the gear? For example, if I have a level 11 piece of orange gear and add the highest tier augment slot to it, can I still equip it at level 11 assuming I don't put an augment in it that exceeds my level?

Daniel: You can still equip the item so long as you don’t put mods that exceed your level into the augment slot. In addition, the high tier augment slot can use any augment of a lower tier as well so you can steadily upgrade with level-appropriate augments without having to worry about upgrading the slot itself since you put the highest tier slot on to start.

Murshawursha: What was the logic behind choosing which Crew Skills get to craft Augment Kits? In Game Update 1.2 and before, if a player wanted, for example, an augmented Lightsaber, they HAD to buy it from an Artifice. Post-Game Update 1.3, if a player wants an augmented Lightsaber, they choose a Lightsaber that they already own (probably acquired through raiding or questing), and buy an Augment Kit from an Armstech, Armormech, or Synthweaver. This effectively cuts out the Artificer completely out of the market for augmented Lightsabers. Why was it done this way, rather than simply allowing Artificers to make Augment Kits that could only be applied to Lightsabers or Relics, Synthweavers to make Augment Kits that can only be used on force armor, Cybertech on earpieces, etc?

David: There are two primary reasons that Augment Kits are limited to Armstech, Armormech and Synthweaving: 1) They are the augment crafters, and Augment Kits extend that service. 2) Prior to crafted augments, they did not have a substantial input into the item mod game and we want to open that up to more players.

We did not want to have lots different Augment Kits, because that would make finding the right item and kit combination substantially more difficult. Augment tables are intended to make it relatively simple to get any item to the same power cap, and lots of kit variation introduces the possibility that it would be hard to get some items to hit the same potential. While this is how augment tables work now, all Crew Skills will continue to evolve based on player feedback and game data.

You can find these answers and more in our Community Q&A Blog Archive as well as our Developer Tracker.

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

Greetings everyone!

We have several developer answers and resources regarding the augment system for Game Update 1.3.

In our Community Q&A Blog for May 11th, 2012:

In our Community Q&A Blog for June 1st, 2012:

You can find these answers and more in our Community Q&A Blog Archive as well as our Developer Tracker.

We hope this helps! :jawa_smile:

And this means the if an aug slot is a lower, it can be replaced by a higher?