Ultimate PvP Records Thread

NamikazeNaruto

DPS is only calculated by time in combat. So unless this person got no door with every death, and was able to leap to someone as soon as he respawned and it was a full length VS....... Your math is way off.

DPS in a warzone is calculated by the entire length of the warzone, not the time in combat. His math is right.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all! Let me introduce you my guildmate Bunki. This is a 11.763 single hit. Jedi Sage from Tomb Of Freedon Nadd.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4236/screenshot2013012512200ep.jpg

Death Field counted as one hit? Or Chain Lightning counted all 5 targets as 1 hit?

It is not possible for a sorcs/sage to hit for more than half that with any skill.

Biggest heal is obviously a glitch/bug/two abilties counting as one. You won't even break 9K in a min/maxed DG set in PvE and there is no way of getting close to those stats without sacrificing expertise and the heal bonus in PvP.

Biggest hit is questionable. Might be threoretically possible but the other guy would have to be naked and if he's naked it's most likely a setup and shouldnt be recorded. I'm leaning toward it being the same bug/glitch/two abilties counting as one as for the biggest heal though.

Edited by Washingtoon

Biggest heal is obviously a glitch/bug/two abilties counting as one. You won't even break 9K in a min/maxed DG set in PvE and there is no way of getting close to those stats without sacrificing expertise and the heal bonus in PvP.

Biggest hit is questionable. Might be threoretically possible but the other guy would have to be naked and if he's naked it's most likely a setup and shouldnt be recorded. I'm leaning toward it being the same bug/glitch/two abilties counting as one as for the biggest heal though.

Biggest hit and biggest heal categories are tricky. They can't really be moderated that easily, as it's not nearly as easy to prove if something is a glitch or not. With damage per second for example, you can take into account the overall damage and divide that by the warzone length. Nothing like that can be used here. I've seen bigger heals than the biggest heal on here, one that was over 10k. I forgot how he did it, but there are factors like healing a commando, while having an expertise buff on, and inspiration. These biggest hits would probably have to be on naked people.

I can't just take down particular records down for being setup without any proof of that. Someone once told me that in the 10k area is around the biggest legit hit you can get. However, if I go by that line of thinking, then even if something is a setup game and around 10k, I just count it? If someone gets a legit biggest hit of 11k or over somehow I just say it doesn't count? Where do I set this arbitrary limit, and how would it be fair?

Still iffy, even with group buffs, recklessness etc I don't see how someone would be able to crit 3K higher than a normal warzone crit (around 7K for deliverance)

Do you have some minumim damage/healing threshold for the dps/hps category by the way? Like, the person also has to break 200K damage/healing for the dps/hps to count, or something. I mean, the shorter the game is the easier it becomes to keep the dps/hps up. You can in theory backfill, drop from spawn with 3 secs left, channel a 7K heal and get 2,3K hps in a game.

Edited by Washingtoon

Still iffy, even with group buffs, recklessness etc I don't see how someone would be able to crit 3K higher than a normal warzone crit (around 7K for deliverance)

Do you have some minumim damage/healing threshold for the dps/hps category by the way? Like, the person also has to break 200K damage/healing for the dps/hps to count, or something. I mean, the shorter the game is the easier it becomes to keep the dps/hps up. You can in theory backfill, drop from spawn with 3 secs left, channel a 7K heal and get 2,3K hps in a game.

Actually you can't, when determining DPS/HPS, they take your total and divide by the duration of the whole match, not how long you were in the match. Seen this 100 times, but verified it as recently as last night. Backfilled into a VS right at the start of the second round, did 308k in 4:30, mouse-over said I had like 612dps, when obviously math says it should have been 1140+.

Nothing against Gvette though, but I still don't buy an Annihilation Marauder doing 388dps hitting anyone for 10k+.

Edited by criminalheretic

Actually you can't, when determining DPS/HPS, they take your total and divide by the duration of the whole match, not how long you were in the match. Seen this 100 times, but verified it as recently as last night. Backfilled into a VS right at the start of the second round, did 308k in 4:30, mouse-over said I had like 612dps, when obviously math says it should have been 1140+.

Nothing against Gvette though, but I still don't buy an Annihilation Marauder doing 388dps hitting anyone for 10k+.

Could have sworn it atleast used to only count the time you spent in the game. Well that rules out that then.

it's not real... ffs

I know this. That's why I asked him how many rounds it was, without it, I can't add that. I estimate a game of that score was around 5-6 rounds. Each round lasts 2 minutes. With about a 10 second intermission on each round during the explosion. So...let's assume 6 rounds.

12x60 = 720(2 minutes per round, 6 rounds) + 6x10 = 60(6 10 second intermissions per explosion.)

His total(804920)/(780) = 1031.95 hps(Probably a lot closer to what the real number is.)

I know this. That's why I asked him how many rounds it was, without it, I can't add that. I estimate a game of that score was around 5-6 rounds. Each round lasts 2 minutes. With about a 10 second intermission on each round during the explosion. So...let's assume 6 rounds.

12x60 = 720(2 minutes per round, 6 rounds) + 6x10 = 60(6 10 second intermissions per explosion.)

His total(804920)/(780) = 1031.95 hps(Probably a lot closer to what the real number is.)

actually 1187.2 but glad to hear it

I can't just take your word for it. I need a screenshot showing that it was 2 or 3 rounds. By you, or someone else who possibly took a screenshot of the game. If it was 2 rounds the opposing team wouldn't have had any points because that means you 2 capped them both rounds. If it was 3 rounds they would have had around 100-150 points. Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Ooo, now I see why you said my calculation was off. I didn't know you had a screenshot of the real number. Still can't really see the rounds(my guess is 5 rounds), but that number seems a lot more probable than 1800+ hps. I am a bit confused though...

Why would it say 1882.2 hps for one person when they hover over it, yet 1187.2 for another? Also the biggest heal is different too. Very weird... Anyways, thanks for giving me that screenshot.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto