Quality of Threads

Polymerize

Why do you say that?

Can you give us some examples? A couple a minutes ago I created a thread seeking for advices and help, since I'm a noob. Is that wrong? Should I create threads only enlightening others with only ultra pro tips?

Regards.

Why do you say that?

Can you give us some examples? A couple a minutes ago I created a thread seeking for advices and help, since I'm a noob. Is that wrong? Should I create threads only enlightening others with only ultra pro tips?

Regards.

I believe he was directly referring to your thread

Do you leave the WZ at the first hint of losing?

Hey Bioware can you give assassins healing abilities?

ETA on SMASH NERF BIoware???

And every other bolster thread that I'm not going to bother linking them all. Do people actually look at the on-going discussions? Do they feel their point is so much more valuable that they deserved their own thread or are they just too lazy to look, like, three threads down. I'm pretty sure I count 5 bolster threads on the first page alone.

So no, asking for pvp tips is perfectly acceptable. It's encouraged even. You may get a few trolls and "l2p's" but for the most part people are helpful.

I know I'm not helping by posting here, but I should point out that this thread is not much different from a QQ thread complaining about QQ. Just sayin'. :rak_04: But yes, it's getting quite dumb in here lately.

And every other bolster thread that I'm not going to bother linking them all. Do people actually look at the on-going discussions? Do they feel their point is so much more valuable that they deserved their own thread or are they just too lazy to look, like, three threads down. I'm pretty sure I count 5 bolster threads on the first page alone.

So no, asking for pvp tips is perfectly acceptable. It's encouraged even. You may get a few trolls and "l2p's" but for the most part people are helpful.

I know I'm not helping by posting here, but I should point out that this thread is not much different from a QQ thread complaining about QQ. Just sayin'. :rak_04: But yes, it's getting quite dumb in here lately.

Thanks for the clarification :)

Take a look at the threads I've started in the past. I have tried to improve the quality of threads in this forum; but quickly realized it is a futile effort because the responses you get are just flat out abysmal.

There is a huge lack of in-depth discussion concerning strategies/awareness/synergy/etc-etc-etc. I have never played WoW but I'm sure the quality of their thread's are a lot 'better'.

In your opinion. :)

The quality of threads in this forum is exceedingly poor. Says a lot about the majority of people who play this game.

Sorry Shakespeare, we'll do better in the future. Glad you pointed this out with a completely useless thread.

The quality of threads in this forum is exceedingly poor. Says a lot about the majority of people who play this game.

At first I was like, "Oh cool! A troll!" Then I read some of his threads and the stench of self-righteous douchbaggery caused me to blackout and smash my face on my keyboard. I awoke to the startling realization that I know this guy! You know the type, the basement dwellers, little men with even bigger keyboards:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjMo_HcRBnUY

At first I was like, "Oh cool! A troll!" Then I read some of his threads and the stench of self-righteous douchbaggery caused me to blackout and smash my face on my keyboard. I awoke to the startling realization that I know this guy! You know the type, the basement dwellers, little men with even bigger keyboards:

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=jMo_HcRBnUY&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjMo_HcRBnUY

I would rather see a bunch of douche bags ravaging the forums if they attempted to relay and discuss insightful, informative ideas and topics. Thanks for the colorful comment, it truly touched me. Not. :rolleyes:

Edited by Polymerize

I would rather see a bunch of douche bags ravaging the forums if they attempted to relay and discuss insightful, informative ideas and topics. Thanks for the colorful comment, it truly touched me. Not. :rolleyes:

We should all be talking about the complexities that are SWTOR. We should make more warzone strategies for nobody to ever read because they "know it all" already.

I see you're doing your best to meet your goal :)

Edited by TUXs

The amount of bigots roaming these parts is not lacking.

People who 'troll' a thread and degrade a poster or OP without offering any sustenance to the population by actually contributing to the discussion. Pat yourselves on the back, you are all really really cool, let me tell you..

Edited by Polymerize

The amount of bigots roaming these parts is not lacking.

People who 'troll' a thread and degrade a poster or OP without offering any sustenance to the population by actually contributing to the discussion. Pat yourselves on the back, you are all really really cool, let me tell you..

so, wait, you made a useless thread about how other threads are useless and expect to get some use out of it?

You seriously must be new to this planet.

The quality of discussions here is pretty poor, I agree. The following tropes are far too common:

1. Someone insulting someone else within the first 15 posts.

2. A poster accusing someone else of trolling.

3. A poster's viewpoint is dismissed because they play a Marauder/Sniper/Scoundrel/Sage/etc.

4. Someone quoting a multi paragraph post in full to just reply "this ^^" or "lol, retard".

5. Really aggressive attitudes all around.

6. People making two or three (short) posts in succession.

I'm not sure it's any worse now though. This forum has often had topics which generate endless threads. Go back to near game launch and you'll see dozens of threads complaining about Illum or valor exploits or operatives being overpowered (and then nerfed) - many threads making exactly the same point without any new information or analysis.

I don't necessarily blame people for making a new thread for a hot topic though (although it is exceedingly annoying). Replies past the first page of a popular thread are drastically less likely to be read and you'll often have pages of arguments between two people which has little to do with the original topic. So your view on bolster / rage spec / whatever feels like it's being lost if you just reply.

It's the same in other games - there was a WoW thread prior to the launch of one of their expansions and someone wrote something like "It's unfair that Alliance get's one less new class than Horde". This was incorrect, they had just misread the announcement. Unfortunately, this error appeared at the end of the first page and the guy received over thirty posts correcting him which went on for days. Eventually meta posts (complaining about the corrections) started appearing in the thread, as did a campaign to get people to stop posting about it. In the end the mods had to edit his post to say "Please stop correcting this guy" because people obviously weren't reading the other replies before posting.

There is good content on the forums overall - some of the theory crafting discussions elsewhere are quite interesting and people keep it a bit more civilised (still too many insults however).

Edited by DharmaPolice

so, wait, you made a useless thread about how other threads are useless and expect to get some use out of it?

You seriously must be new to this planet.

Well you sure are a smart one.

I would have hoped that it would be obvious that I did not make this thread in an attempt to be insightful and informative.

I made it to point out what this forum severely lacks.

It appears that you, among hundreds of others, contribute to this disparity. Good job.

Edited by Polymerize

The quality of discussions here is pretty poor, I agree. The following tropes are far too common:

1. Someone insulting someone else within the first 15 posts.

2. A poster accusing someone else of trolling.

3. A poster's viewpoint is dismissed because they play a Marauder/Sniper/Scoundrel/Sage/etc.

4. Someone quoting a multi paragraph post in full to just reply "this ^^" or "lol, retard".

5. Really aggressive attitudes all around.

I'm not sure it's any worse now though. This forum has often had topics which generate endless threads. Go back to near game launch and you'll see dozens of threads complaining about Illum or valor exploits or operatives being overpowered (and then nerfed) - many threads making exactly the same point without any new information or analysis.

I don't necessarily blame people for making a new thread for a hot topic though (although it is exceedingly annoying). Replies past the first page of a popular thread are drastically less likely to be read and you'll often have pages of arguments between two people which has little to do with the original topic. So your view on bolster / rage spec / whatever feels like it's being lost if you just reply.

It's the same in other games - there was a WoW thread prior to the launch of one of their expansions and someone wrote something like "It's unfair that Alliance get's one less new class than Horde". This was incorrect, they had just misread the announcement. Unfortunately, this error appeared at the end of the first page and the guy received over thirty posts correcting him which went on for days. Eventually meta posts (complaining about the corrections) started appearing in the thread, as did a campaign to get people to stop posting about it. In the end the mods had to edit his post to say "Please stop correcting this guy" because people obviously weren't reading the other replies before posting.

There is good content on the forums overall - some of the theory crafting discussions elsewhere are quite interesting and people keep it a bit more civilised (still too many insults however).

I completely understand that there will always be multiple threads about the same topics, flamers and trolls, ignorance, useless topics, terrible ideas, etc etc etc regardless of what game you are playing or what planet you live on.

I do not understand why, in the midst of all the crap that you are guaranteed to find; there are not a couple of 'gems'.

And if you do happen to find a great thread that someone put a lot of time and effort into... it will surely be undermined by a bunch of simple-minded fools within a matter of a few posts.

Edited by Polymerize

Take a look at the threads I've started in the past. I have tried to improve the quality of threads in this forum; but quickly realized it is a futile effort because the responses you get are just flat out abysmal.

There is a huge lack of in-depth discussion concerning strategies/awareness/synergy/etc-etc-etc. I have never played WoW but I'm sure the quality of their thread's are a lot 'better'.

I felt the same way once... and even attempted to swing the tides in favor on constructiveness.

I've since given up on that dream and now leave my critism for witty one liners and random spurts of logic.

I can even relate to this thread... even I have posted a completely useless thread, which stooped me to the same level or even lower as those who annoy me.

It's today... the day you posted this thread that you have become one of them. The dream of a constructive environment is lost. You have my condolences.

Edited by Baedwulf

The problem is lack of moderation. Simply having mods move duplicate posts into containment threads would do wonders. It is a universal truth that poorly moderated forums turn into a cesspool like we have here.

I've been too lazy to try forums on any fan sites. Does DarthHater.com have active forums and decent moderation?

I felt the same way once... and even attempted to swing the tides in favor on constructiveness.

I've since given up on that dream and now leave my critism for witty one liners and random spurts of logic.

I can even relate to this thread... even I have posted a completely useless thread, which stooped me to the same level or even lower as those who annoy me.

I too get fed up with same the same idiotic comments (e.g. pug vs premade qq, nerf <this> and <that> because I don't have the slightest understanding of game mechanics).

Can we make a modified sith code for forums?

• construtive posts are a lie, there is only trolling.
  • <add your contribution here> ...

BTW, badwuff, are you ugly-mrj? What did you get banned for?

Edited by funkiestj

BTW, badwuff, are you ugly-mrj? What did you get banned for?

No, I am definitely NOT this UGLY character you speak of. :D

But I do know this UGLY guy and HE got banned for a large number of infraction points that mostly came from being "condescending" towards people that were flat out insulting.

Insults = OK

Condecending = NOT OK

:rolleyes: