UNDER not circumstances do not remove 200/100 win requirement for team ranked

omaan

Not one PVPer in the game I have ever known ever once even said "I love ranked PVP!" rofl people do it out of necessity to get the shinies, plain and simple.

I'm still not buying this. If people aren't getting ANY inherent enjoyment out of the game, why would they even care about the rewards? Most of the people that play ranked pvp don't pve. So they want to get the rewards just to show them off in regs or something? It just doesn't make sense.

There are people with thousands of hours playing games that they claim to hate on that game's forums. That's not unique to this game. And such people are either deluding themselves or are masochists, and real masochists are quite rare I think.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still not buying this. If people aren't getting ANY inherent enjoyment out of the game, why would they even care about the rewards? Most of the people that play ranked pvp don't pve. So they want to get the rewards just to show them off in regs or something? It just doesn't make sense.

There are people with thousands of hours playing games that they claim to hate on that game's forums. That's not unique to this game. And such people are either deluding themselves or are masochists, and real masochists are quite rare I think.

Well, I am just expressing my own personal experience.

Ok, now I can recall someone I am familiar with who actually did enjoy ranked PVP however he and his friends played group ranked and that's what he enjoyed more than anything else. I am not even sure if he plays anymore tbh as I have not seen his posts here lately.

I can say I have never met a PVPer who only did Solo Ranked and loved it, though. That I still stand by. After thinking on this a bit, we are going to have a far different viewpoint because we play the game quite a bit differently even though we both like PVP above PVE, I solo queue and like objective 8v8 matches while I assume you like 4v4 arena style matches and we probably meet people who do similarly to us, naturally.

Most of the guys I played with on SWTOR begrudgingly did ranked and tended to do solo ranked if they did it at all. It was never spoken of highly, and was always talked about disdainfully.

Edited by Lhancelot

I can say I have never met a PVPer who only did Solo Ranked and loved it, though.

Well, "love" is a strong word, but at this point I pretty much only play ranked pvp when I play swtor (though I used to play a lot of regs, and a decent amount of pve stuff), and I still enjoy it very much, most of the time. There are plenty of others like me.

Most of the guys I played with on SWTOR begrudgingly did ranked and tended to do solo ranked if they did it at all. It was never spoken of highly, and was always talked about disdainfully.

Ok, but the sample size of people that you played with and talked about ranked with is rather small, obviously. And you haven't addressed the fundamental point that dedicated players frequently complain about the game they're playing. There are overwatch and pubg (two demonstrably successful and popular games) players that say those games are trash even though they've played them for thousands of hours and still play them for hours everyday. People's opinions in that regard are clearly not reliable. I mean, there are regs players and pve players that say they hate this "dead" game and threaten to quit all the time, yet they still keep playing. People just love complaining is the bottom line I think.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

You guys are both right and wrong. It's just the usual cycle like in every game.

excitement and success --> enjoyment for some time --> addiction

changes (or lack of changes) happen

disappointment of changes, or boredom (and disappointment) of lack of changes --> lack of success --> sadness

addiction turns sadness into angriness

new players appear that enjoy the game at it's current state like the veterans did before them. the noobs are confused about the veteran's angriness but keep going. But the constant complaints by the (generally more experienced) players, who often (especially in the form of streamers) are idols for the noobs, might eventually annoy them enough to stop playing.

what you are left with are 3 groups of players:

the noobs that didn't care about drama keep playing, but you don't hear anything from them because they have no drama to talk about.

the noobs that got annoyed come back frustrated and only describe bad experiences.

the veterans are addicted and keep playing, and therefore contribute to "producing" the before mentioned 2 groups of players.

This is why 95% of feedback from Solo Ranked is negative. And this is also no rocket science btw.

A short clip for the TLDR: https://www.twitch.tv/loltyler1/clip/LongMildConsoleFreakinStinkin

(And yes I know there is a lot more diversity in a game population than just "noobs" and "veterans".)

Ok, but the sample size of people that you played with and talked about ranked with is rather small, obviously.

oh well F it. Yeah man, my sample size clearly is much smaller than yours. I refuse to try validating myself here for you. :rolleyes:

You sure have an interesting way to discuss things. You are always looking for a way to invalidate what the other person says, to turn it into an argument and to prove you are right and they are wrong. Dude... w/e.

You guys are both right and wrong. It's just the usual cycle like in every game.

excitement and success --> enjoyment for some time --> addiction

changes (or lack of changes) happen

disappointment of changes, or boredom (and disappointment) of lack of changes --> lack of success --> sadness

addiction turns sadness into angriness

new players appear that enjoy the game at it's current state like the veterans did before them. the noobs are confused about the veteran's angriness but keep going. But the constant complaints by the (generally more experienced) players, who often (especially in the form of streamers) are idols for the noobs, might eventually annoy them enough to stop playing.

what you are left with are 3 groups of players:

the noobs that didn't care about drama keep playing, but you don't hear anything from them because they have no drama to talk about.

the noobs that got annoyed come back frustrated and only describe bad experiences.

the veterans are addicted and keep playing, and therefore contribute to "producing" the before mentioned 2 groups of players.

This is why 95% of feedback from Solo Ranked is negative. And this is also no rocket science btw.

A short clip for the TLDR: https://www.twitch.tv/loltyler1/clip/LongMildConsoleFreakinStinkin

(And yes I know there is a lot more diversity in a game population than just "noobs" and "veterans".)

lol yeah. I noticed the cycle, too. I consider myself a long time vet and I'd say that's accurate. Most people that started when I did are long gone, and the ones who are still around probably are a bit jaded like myself.

Newer guys come along, and they definitely have a chance to enjoy the game when everything it offers is brand new.

This is the thing. You may sort of be right in a larger sense, but I don't fit into any of the groups you mentioned. I played the game from launch until the spring of 2014 (the end of season 1). Then I quit the game for 4 years. Since I've been back, I've enjoyed playing it. I'll certainly point out problems as they arise, but I'm not angry about anything, and I wouldn't be playing it if I wasn't having fun. Perhaps I really am the minority, but I think most of the people complaining really do have fun playing, they just enjoy complaining too.

oh well F it. Yeah man, my sample size clearly is much smaller than yours. I refuse to try validating myself here for you. :rolleyes:

You sure have an interesting way to discuss things. You are always looking for a way to invalidate what the other person says, to turn it into an argument and to prove you are right and they are wrong. Dude... w/e.

How is this even the part that made you mad. It's an obvious fact. You tried backing up your argument that "no one likes ranked" with "everyone I played with disliked ranked." Which is nonsense, and I pointed out that it's nonsense in a matter-of-fact way. Or are you expecting me to believe you've personally talked to thousands of players about how they feel about ranked? Get a grip please.

And you're still conveniently ignoring my point about how people complain about a lot of games. If you look at the game forums for almost every game in existence, you'd think they were dead, bad games.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

ROFL this 100%. ^

The person who enjoys ranked PVP is so far and few between I literally only know one person that does it who says they love it that's Jedi Al.

Not one PVPer in the game I have ever known ever once even said "I love ranked PVP!" rofl people do it out of necessity to get the shinies, plain and simple.

Same. None of my friends enjoys solo ranked too. 80% of them doing it for furious armor, other few doing it for silver/gold rewards, and all of them always flowing hatred on ranked saying it sucks and they wish they could get their rewards faster. I don't know even a single ranked player who said something like "Damn, i like ranked thats why i queue it". People want titles and armor for which they are ready to suffer. I met few who enjoyed playing team ranked in season 10 though but they stopped playing when team ranked turned into rating bazaar

Edited by bladech

This is the thing. You may sort of be right in a larger sense, but I don't fit into any of the groups you mentioned. I played the game from launch until the spring of 2014 (the end of season 1). Then I quit the game for 4 years. Since I've been back, I've enjoyed playing it. I'll certainly point out problems as they arise, but I'm not angry about anything, and I wouldn't be playing it if I wasn't having fun. Perhaps I really am the minority, but I think most of the people complaining really do have fun playing, they just enjoy complaining too.

How is this even the part that made you mad. It's an obvious fact. You tried backing up your argument that "no one likes ranked" with "everyone I played with disliked ranked." Which is nonsense, and I pointed out that it's nonsense in a matter-of-fact way. Or are you expecting me to believe you've personally talked to thousands of players about how they feel about ranked? Get a grip please.

And you're still conveniently ignoring my point about how people complain about a lot of games. If you look at the game forums for almost every game in existence, you'd think they were dead, bad games.

Ranked community is pretty small right now on all servers. Same faces every day who are dedicated and few new players every day who trying ranked and in most cases not returning back after failing or seeing how bad it is. Since those who play ranked on occasional basis are same people we always communicate with each other in game and within discord so yes i CAN CLEARLY STATE THAT MOST OF players who play solo ranked say that they hate it but just doing it for REWARDS AND NOT JUST because they like it.

Truth is hard but it is truth. Maybe you and some of your friends enjoy it but most of ranked players on my server - not. They do it for rewards/conquest and not fun

take a step back and realize this is just a game , when you get bronze in ranked or get flagged 100x times when you shut down your computer and back to real life it mean absolutely nothing , think about it for a minute

it doesnt affect what people think of you or what this affect your career and business

its pure entertaiment

Edited by KumbayaGOD

Just to let you know lads, I like SR. I don’t like it this season so I don’t play it. Seems to me that most people must like it , they play lots, stream it, talk about it ... surely they must like it ? Can’t believe people would go through all that trouble just to give some reward and title... like people don’t even care what others have , there is no prestige to have rewards.

Lads even destroyed bunch of them rewards on streams so it can’t matter that much ? Dunno

But seems like ratings are very fair in comparison to many other seasons. Disparity is low as it is in the game ( no more 1.5k Elo difference between similarly skilled players ). Maybe not the best season ever but certainly seems more like truer reflection.

Time will tell if win requirement is too high, maybe lower number would be better ?

Just to let you know lads, I like SR. I don’t like it this season so I don’t play it. Seems to me that most people must like it , they play lots, stream it, talk about it ... surely they must like it ? Can’t believe people would go through all that trouble just to give some reward and title... like people don’t even care what others have , there is no prestige to have rewards.

Lads even destroyed bunch of them rewards on streams so it can’t matter that much ? Dunno

But seems like ratings are very fair in comparison to many other seasons. Disparity is low as it is in the game ( no more 1.5k Elo difference between similarly skilled players ). Maybe not the best season ever but certainly seems more like truer reflection.

Somebody gets it :)

Time will tell if win requirement is too high, maybe lower number would be better ?

I think the numbers are just right to be honest.

You and jedialex are in minority anyway. Regardless if few players really enjoy solo ranked since 97% of all ranked players i asked "do you enjoy playing solo ranked?" Said they do it for rewards and through pain

Somebody gets it :)

I think the numbers are just right to be honest.

For solo ranked they will have to adjust it because 4 months have passed since the season have started yet only few players have 100+ wins which is a very poor statistic for solo ranked.

Devs will have to consider pop ratio, ranked activity, amount of buggs which pushed players from ranked, throwers, wintraders etc. Basing on these they will have to increase or reduce number of wins needed for proper rewards. They can't just give top 96 rewards to a guy with 200 wins but with 1280 rating, this is nonsense (especially considering that many wintraders were vote kicked by legit players dropped to low ratings while still having 200 wins)

For solo ranked they will have to adjust it because 4 months have passed since the season have started yet only few players have 100+ wins which is a very poor statistic for solo ranked.

Devs will have to consider pop ratio, ranked activity, amount of buggs which pushed players from ranked, throwers, wintraders etc. Basing on these they will have to increase or reduce number of wins needed for proper rewards. They can't just give top 96 rewards to a guy with 200 wins but with 1280 rating, this is nonsense (especially considering that many wintraders were vote kicked by legit players dropped to low ratings while still having 200 wins)

It's not nonsense. There has been plenty of time and opportunity for people to get to 200 wins. It's not at all difficult if you play with any kind of consistency. And if you can't be bothered, you don't deserve top 3, simple.

It's not nonsense. There has been plenty of time and opportunity for people to get to 200 wins. It's not at all difficult if you play with any kind of consistency. And if you can't be bothered, you don't deserve top 3, simple.

Considering how many alts players have, how bad solo ranked is (on dm 4 bots ruining it almost 24/7 and a speed hacker just running in ranked matches without trying to win) i can say that there is neither time nor opportunity to get 200 wins. Laggs, buggs, bots, wintraders etc making sr unplayable. There is a bot user juggernaut and shadow who has almost 200 wins but is being vote kicked by all ranked community because of his cheating. Due to being punished by other players this person dropped to 1300 from high rating yet soon he will get 200 wins. Considering that legit players who have much more rating than this cheater have only 60-150 giving top rewards to a cheater who had been kicked for all season for using bots and hacks would be totally dumb. There are many other players with low rating but with 200 wins who just received easy wins thanks to sitting on low elo and getting better teams while highrated players are matched with noobs and aren't able to get so many wins.

Giving top rewards to vote kicked cheaters and lowrated noobs who farmed easy wins by siting on low rating all season just destroys any logic of ranked. Devs must adjust win requirement depending on state of ranked.

REGARDING TEAM ranked - It must be reworked because every team ranked player asked friends for easy wins or used bots to get 10-12 wins. Zero competition, hard to check either all team ranked fights are legit or no

Considering how many alts players have, how bad solo ranked is (on dm 4 bots ruining it almost 24/7 and a speed hacker just running in ranked matches without trying to win) i can say that there is neither time nor opportunity to get 200 wins.

I have a character at over 400 wins, two more that are near 200, and a few more alts with less. This is on Star Forge, that pops less frequently than DM on average. There's no need to be playing 20 alts in ranked. If you want rewards, get to the win requirements. It's not hard.

Laggs, buggs, bots, wintraders etc making sr unplayable. There is a bot user juggernaut and shadow who has almost 200 wins but is being vote kicked by all ranked community because of his cheating. Due to being punished by other players this person dropped to 1300 from high rating yet soon he will get 200 wins. Considering that legit players who have much more rating than this cheater have only 60-150 giving top rewards to a cheater who had been kicked for all season for using bots and hacks would be totally dumb. There are many other players with low rating but with 200 wins who just received easy wins thanks to sitting on low elo and getting better teams while highrated players are matched with noobs and aren't able to get so many wins.

Giving top rewards to vote kicked cheaters and lowrated noobs who farmed easy wins by siting on low rating all season just destroys any logic of ranked. Devs must adjust win requirement depending on state of ranked.

If you want to ensure that players with 200 wins and low rating don't get top 3 rewards...then get to 200 wins and maintain a higher rating than them, and you'll get the top 3 rewards! It's quite a simple solution to a made up problem.

Bots and wintraders are a separate issue. Report them and hopefully Mike B will take care of them.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I have a character at over 400 wins, two more that are near 200, and a few more alts with less. This is on Star Forge, that pops less frequently than DM on average. There's no need to be playing 20 alts in ranked. If you want rewards, get to the win requirements. It's not hard.

If you want to ensure that players with 200 wins and low rating don't get top 3 rewards...then get to 200 wins and maintain a higher rating than them, and you'll get the top 3 rewards! It's quite a simple solution to a made up problem.

Bots and wintraders are a separate issue. Report them and hopefully Mike B will take care of them.

You base your statements on how it must be and how devs must perform (bann cheaters, bots etc) but we have other reality. On dm smirbuul, sayobaha and erp broid (nick names were changed due to avoid forum rulles breaking) are 3 bots who are sitting in queue 24/7 ruining all solo ranked. They just do zero - standing still and doing 0 stats. They were reported by tonnes of players (including my three reports with video and screenshots) - devs did nothing. There is also a speed hacker ruining all games in solo ranked (Beeze, name is changed but those who know will recognise) who was reported tonnes of times yet he still ruins solo ranked with his hacks.

Until devs start to bann all these cheaters 200 win requirement is fully unrealistic. I don't know why these bots and speed hacker ruin games 24/7 but fact is no one is banning them. + laggs, buggs, poor class balance and many other reasons making game unplayable for getting too much wins

Until devs start to bann all these cheaters 200 win requirement is fully unrealistic. I don't know why these bots and speed hacker ruin games 24/7 but fact is no one is banning them. + laggs, buggs, poor class balance and many other reasons making game unplayable for getting too much wins

Thankfully, such things aren't happening on SF, at least not with any kind of regularity. But the solution to the cheaters/bots, etc is simply for Bioware to more diligently do their job. And they still might by the end of the season. Changing the win requirements doesn't help mitigate the problem at all. If anything, it would encourage more of it.

Thankfully, such things aren't happening on SF, at least not with any kind of regularity. But the solution to the cheaters/bots, etc is simply for Bioware to more diligently do their job. And they still might by the end of the season. Changing the win requirements doesn't help mitigate the problem at all. If anything, it would encourage more of it.

What they do in the end of season (if they even do it) won't help legit highrated players because season will be ended and they will lose all their rating to bots and cheaters who are easily geting 200 wins with bots and using same bots to ruin queue 24/7. I thought devs took new measures for pvp like blocking worst offenders from queue so that they could not ruin games.. yet dm is suffering from 4 bots which are just standing and doing nothing every fight for all day. This is truly pathetic since no one banns or blocks them

What they do in the end of season (if they even do it) won't help legit highrated players because season will be ended and they will lose all their rating to bots and cheaters who are easily geting 200 wins with bots and using same bots to ruin queue 24/7. I thought devs took new measures for pvp like blocking worst offenders from queue so that they could not ruin games.. yet dm is suffering from 4 bots which are just standing and doing nothing every fight for all day. This is truly pathetic since no one banns or blocks them

Vote. Kick.

Vote. Kick.

That is what everyone is doing, however ii isn't working because: 1) it doesn't compensate the elo players lose due to bots in their team; 2) vote kick blocks bot from queuing for only 5 min. which often results in getting him again in your team after 1-2 matches; 3) wintraders who are being kicked constantly are still getting 200 and more wins and then throwing everyone around so others could not get it and asking devs to even increase the amount of wins for getting top rewards because they can't get proper elo due to vote kicks but easily having 200 and more wins while legit players can't get 200 wins thanks to bots

Edited by omaan

So, I queued up for solos on sf for about an hour tonight....no pop! Antagonized the pvp community to queue....no pop. When I said they were pushing the old guard out....the good players have u....I realized they how they are pushing us out....it the pack (group) mentality, would not queue up solo. Not one would queue without friends....leads me to believe they are garbage...which I already knew.

Lhance, you were 100% correct! There are a bunch of no ******** having players now. Quite a pitiful group actually. If I queue up and get into a match, they tank it....got forbid greatness shows up.

Alex, sorry bro, you are wrong. Solo is messed up atm and not only excludes, the new players, but also the players who can perform well. It is controlled by a group of no talent wanna bees.

Edited by Nickodemous

So, I queued up for solos on sf for about an hour tonight....no pop! Antagonized the pvp community to queue....no pop. When I said they were pushing the old guard out....the good players have u....I realized they how they are pushing us out....it the pack (group) mentality, would not queue up solo. Not one would queue without friends....leads me to believe they are garbage...which I already knew.

Lhance, you were 100% correct! There are a bunch of no ******** having players now. Quite a pitiful group actually. If I queue up and get into a match, they tank it....got forbid greatness shows up.

Alex, sorry bro, you are wrong. Solo is messed up atm and not only excludes, the new players, but also the players who can perform well. It is controlled by a group of no talent wanna bees.

I don't really know how to respond to a post like this to be honest. I assume you're trolling. All I'll say is I've been queueing and getting steady pops for the last 2+ hours. They've been pretty good games, some of them quite high quality.

It is sad that the pops don't start until about 9-10pm now. They used to start a lot earlier, but we are where we are.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I don't really know how to respond to a post like this to be honest. I assume you're trolling. All I'll say is I've been queueing and getting steady pops for the last 2+ hours. They've been pretty good games, some of them quite high quality.

It is sad that the pops don't start until about 9-10pm now. They used to start a lot earlier, but we are where we are.

This is only the beginning. First they don't start at certain time, then it will start later and later and in the end you will have like 3-4 pops per day.

WHy it is happening? It is obvious: 1)no mats or other decent rewards to queue solo ranked (old problem); 2) bots and hackers ruining ranked games almost 24/4 (new problem,almost on dm server). These two problems leading to third problem - inability of getting needed amount of wins to get proper rewards