Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we please block players that we do not want to go up against?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Can we please block players that we do not want to go up against?

AlrikFassbauer
08.05.2019 , 04:19 AM | #31
I thought I had made a screenshot of it, but to my shock I had to realize that it wasn't saved by the game : A few weeks ago I had one GSF match - I don't even know what kind of match, because it was so quickly over - with my team having 50 points and the other 1000. Or was it 5 against 100 ?

Anyway, I pressed the PRINT key to have a screenshot of this, because I knew you wouldn't believe me. And now you don't.

Other matches - it was at the end of a conquest week - were also too fast over. One was over exactly ONE SECOND after i had joined, the other one 30 seconds or so.

If I remember correctly, this hammens when either one team has so much more points than the other team, or when one team has so much less players than the other team.

It still shows, owever, that there appears to be a great gap between good and bad teams, thanks to the matchmaking system.

(I think my server's name is Tulak Hord, but I don't care much about the server's name.)

As I remember, there was in ... I think it was 2016 .. a certain player in the other team in several of my own matches who was called "... the beast" by another player in my team. He was so incredibly good, he crushed my whole team several times one-handedly - or so it seemed to me. He was one of the reasons I gave up GSF.

I still do not believe that getting crushed is a good thing for learning, from an didactical point of view. I have yet to see a person trained in didactics and in psychology comment on the various theories about learning which are floating around in GSF and in PvP communities.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Kaam
08.05.2019 , 08:45 AM | #32
I wish GSF was more like JtL (SWG).
Bioware screwed the space game from the start. Its very hard to develop skills if you are new to GSF. The beasts you are speaking of learned when everyone were noobs and learning. Now they can crush anyone, and in the absence of a PVE mod, the learning curve looks more and more like a wall. GSF is reserved to a few selected players.

fabsus
08.06.2019 , 04:16 AM | #33
especially on the german server tulak hord, there is a very helpfull gsf community,
who is doing a lot of work to help others to improve their gsf skills. just write a message
to the top players and the majority of them will invite you to their teamspeak to help you
with some basic stuff and if you are interested in some more experienced flight schools.

getting dominated by 2-3 players is very easy, if you have mostly unexperienced players.
but like you do with operations, you need some training and guides, to improve your style,
especially because it is totally different to the rest of the game.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion.
http://www.swtor.com/r/cyZhrF <--This is my Ref-Link. Feel free to ignore or benefit from it.

philwil
08.11.2019 , 11:21 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
I thought I had made a screenshot of it, but to my shock I had to realize that it wasn't saved by the game : A few weeks ago I had one GSF match - I don't even know what kind of match, because it was so quickly over - with my team having 50 points and the other 1000. Or was it 5 against 100 ?

Anyway, I pressed the PRINT key to have a screenshot of this, because I knew you wouldn't believe me. And now you don't.

Other matches - it was at the end of a conquest week - were also too fast over. One was over exactly ONE SECOND after i had joined, the other one 30 seconds or so.

If I remember correctly, this hammens when either one team has so much more points than the other team, or when one team has so much less players than the other team.

It still shows, owever, that there appears to be a great gap between good and bad teams, thanks to the matchmaking system.

(I think my server's name is Tulak Hord, but I don't care much about the server's name.)

As I remember, there was in ... I think it was 2016 .. a certain player in the other team in several of my own matches who was called "... the beast" by another player in my team. He was so incredibly good, he crushed my whole team several times one-handedly - or so it seemed to me. He was one of the reasons I gave up GSF.

I still do not believe that getting crushed is a good thing for learning, from an didactical point of view. I have yet to see a person trained in didactics and in psychology comment on the various theories about learning which are floating around in GSF and in PvP communities.
You are going to have, be involved in bad matches. DOM 1000-5, TDM's 50-2. Its PvP.

As far as your matches ending quickly, a couple things could have happened.
Either someone left a match, or multiple people left a match and you got sucked in before it shut down.
Or, one of the teams didnt have enough players to start the match. Hence the 30 second shut down warning.

It never ends early due to point differential. It either times out, or one of the teams score 1000 points in DOM or 50 in TDM.

And, no it is not fun, nor helpful to be smashed in matches.

You have to remember, those 'aces' started somewhere. And generally wasnt at the top. We all have taken our lumps and gotten better over time. Remember also, when you 'git gud', there are people who will not be good, so that in itself is a 'gap' of skill. There is absolutely nothing, nothing at all one can do about that. Because there will always be people who are the bug, and people who are the windshield. Not being mean, just being truthful.

As far as conquest weeks and bonus days. Generally those days are the worst for quality matches, but boosts the number of pops. This is because people are there to get the benefits of the day, and dont really give a hoot about the game of GSF. Nor, do they wish to learn, at all. They are happy content doing absolutely zero to help in the out come of a win. So, your chances of doing well decrease, because of all the random 'i dont care' people.

Love

Fluxicans
Harbinger Jedi Covenant Shadow Lands The Red Eclipse

CaptRogue
08.14.2019 , 03:55 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Just like ground pvp, /ignore only prevents players from being on your team, and to be honest, I'm not even sure it carries over into GSF.

A / command or personal list that blocked players from getting matches versus you is heavily exploitable. It would make it easy to grief people. This is a terrible suggestion.
Granted I know this is an old post, but thought I'd clarify this.

/ignore does NOT work in PvP. It only works for PvE. (The old tooltip even stated that.) All ignore does in PvP sadly is not allow you to see the person you're ignoring.
But I can see why it would not keep you from queuing in same group as it's a smaller crowd to choose from & if a group wanted to troll, they'd easily do that.
Interested in 7 FREE days added to your account, plus a FREE Server Transfer & a CM box of unlocks? Follow this LINK!!