A Shrouded Vigil: Tips?

Count_Mario

Same, tried every planet on solo, and Belsavis on Heroic (that's where my husband found it). I'm wondering if it's bugged or something? I've sat looking out the same window for 30 mins on each planet. I'll try the graphics trick in the post below.

It's not guaranteed to be there. There's no need to search and wait at the window. If it's there, it's plain as day. It's rather large and inside the hangar bay. If you get to the room with the big window overlooking the hangar and it's not there, just exit, reset and go back in. It'll pop up eventually and you can scan it.

Try a H2 SF. I went in several solos and didn't find it. Went on a H2 and it was in the first one. The room with the windows is on the first floor, so you can get the scan and just leave - no need to finish the SF unless you just want to.

Edited by PorsaLindahl

Here is an image I put together to try and help people out:

A Shrouded Vigil (Star Fortress MCR)

• I found it in the Voss Heroic Star Fortress, first area/level.
  • It does *not* move, so you don't have to worry about the station rotating away from it.
  • This character *has* completed the Shroud missions so I'm not sure if that counts across your Legacy. To be safe just do it on the character that completed it.
  • All MCR droids have a little glowing outline but in space it almost looks like they are cloaked.
  • I've read that it can be found outside any window, but this happens to be the one where I (finally) found it after about a million Star Fortresses... however, going back to a previous point, maybe only those characters that *actually* did the Shroud missions are able to even see it at all.

Edited by PetFish

Here is an image I put together to try and help people out:

A Shrouded Vigil (Star Fortress MCR)

• I found it in the Voss Heroic Star Fortress, first area/level.
  • It does *not* move, so you don't have to worry about the station rotating away from it.
  • This character *has* completed the Shroud missions so I'm not sure if that counts across your Legacy. To be safe just do it on the character that completed it.
  • All MCR droids have a little glowing outline but in space it almost looks like they are cloaked.
  • I've read that it can be found outside any window, but this happens to be the one where I (finally) found it after about a million Star Fortresses... however, going back to a previous point, maybe only those characters that *actually* did the Shroud missions are able to even see it at all.

It's per character. You have to have completed the macrobinocular missions and have the ability (P), not the temporary (mission items) from the story arc, to even see it. Otherwise it'll never be there.

The one I got was actually inside the hangar and it was huge.

As I said in an earlier post: If you get to a window and don't see it, you can exit / reset / re-enter, and rinse / repeat as necessary. There's no need to do the whole SF unless you're still missing achievements or just want to.

It's per character.

Just so there's absolutely no confusion, people only need to actually find this droid ONCE, since it *is* an achievement which means it's Legacy-wide. They just need to make sure they've completed the Shroud missions and have the macrobinoculars available in their Abilities > General tab.

• 8 months later...

Hi experts and sorry for the necro, but...

I can't find that damned thing. I tried to follow all advice, my char has finished the macrobinocular story quests (including the final H4s), so I have the corresponding ability instead of the quest item. I am focussing on H2 only, and I swear, I have been staring out of crappy SF-windows for so long, I could not only tell the SF's location but also the angle it is positioned in right now by just seeing a 10x10px snippet. :mad:

Any additional tipps that might help me? Is it really such a rare spawn?

I tried it a while ago and gave up, the lack of good information is annoying.

Well i did it way back when SF came out. I dunno which mode it was, but i was doing it solo, i think it was heroic. Still I did it on my Sentinel who had finished the whole Macrobinocular quest i found it on my 10th try maybe, was surely a lot.

• 3 years later...
Yeah, it's the macrobinocular end quest, where all the previous quests in the line were solo, but this one requires 4 players. WORST. GAME. DESIGN. EVER.

Good luck finding people to do it nowadays!

Hello All,

I did the Macrobinocular missions long time ago, but hey, now we have 2020 and people, and mine guild too, still doing this. Including Heroic 4. And it's one of the best desing ever in this game! :)

Greetings

• 11 months later...

I know this is a necro but... can this be done in story mode?

Ran about 8 story mode and 1 vet mode SF today but never saw anything.

People in this thread all reported to get it in heroic/vet mode but I really don't want to run the heroic/vet mode SF again :(

I have the microbinoculars ability. Finished the Shroud missions and all.

I know this is a necro but... can this be done in story mode?

I did it in Story Mode. Had to try a few times. As far as I know, it is visible through the windows on only the top level of the SF. So, when I ran the SF for this, if I did not find it on the top level I exited and reset instead of finishing the whole SF. Took me 3 attempts but that might vary. It is visible to the naked eye but needs to be scanned for completion.

Edited by mike_carton

I did it in Story Mode. Had to try a few times. As far as I know, it is visible through the windows on only the top level of the SF. So, when I ran the SF for this, if I did not find it on the top level I exited and reset instead of finishing the whole SF. Took me 3 attempts but that might vary. It is visible to the naked eye but needs to be scanned for completion.

Thank you. I need the confirmation. And good tip too. I was running through the whole thing and it's quite boring.