Best PVE endgame dps spec

TheonlyCiab

Both specs are underwhelming at the moment, though if you're good you won't have any issues (only 2-3 apex NiM bosses are close to impossible without being carried). If you're asking this question though, I doubt you'll be clearing full NiM operations in a week, so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

To start I recommend you learn lightning, because it is the most versatile spec of the two. The setup time is short, and it's bursty. There is a good guide here: http://dulfy.net/2016/12/26/swtor-5-0-lightning-sorcerer-pve-guide-by-sion/

Some parts are a bit old, but the rotation is still good (I think). Gear wise, be sure to reach around 735 accuracy (110%), and go for 703 alacrity if you have low gear (230-242) or 1860 alacrity if you have good gear (246-248). The reason of those specific numbers are outlined here:

Put any other stat points in crit.

Once you are good with lightning, you shoud learn madness. It has a bit better damage overall and a good DoTspread, but it being a dot spec makes it bad on some bosses. It is good to know both DPS specs and respec for some bosses. No guides exsit on dulfy (tho there is a PVP one), but you can learn optimal rotation by looking at parses on parsely.io

Hope this helps!

Edited by Eloi_BG