Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The 5.10 Alliance Emails


OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.22.2018 , 02:50 PM | #11
Unless I'm misremembering, Vette, Jorgan and Kalyio have never appeared in the base.

My thought (or at least hope) was that there will be future content with the companions who sent you the emails. Perhaps their fates will become more clear later. Even the ones who left still say that they are willing to work with you on things that don't involve fighting their faction. I think that's supposed to be the explanation for why you can still summon them.

Full scale war hasn't officially broken out yet. Maybe we'll see more about what happens to them when 6.0 arrives?

phalczen's Avatar


phalczen
12.22.2018 , 04:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Unless I'm misremembering, Vette, Jorgan and Kalyio have never appeared in the base.

My thought (or at least hope) was that there will be future content with the companions who sent you the emails. Perhaps their fates will become more clear later. Even the ones who left still say that they are willing to work with you on things that don't involve fighting their faction. I think that's supposed to be the explanation for why you can still summon them.

Full scale war hasn't officially broken out yet. Maybe we'll see more about what happens to them when 6.0 arrives?
Throughout most of KOTET, Vette stands near the table that is currently staffed by Theron and T7. Jorgan, when he is in the base, is in the war room, as is Kaliyo. Iíll have to grab a screenie or something. The inhabitants and where they stand does vary some throughout the story.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kataret View Post
The presence of companions in the base or the ability to summon them has never been a clear indication of their role in the story.
I know, but shouldnít it? The makeup of the base, even the background chatter of the nameless NPCs changes based on your influence rank with your specialists. The sky of Odessen crackles with lightning if you were dark side when you took the throne but the skies are clear if you choose to heal the galaxy as peacekeeper. I can go through the phased door in the cantina to take the elevator up to my destroyed Throne room for communicating to the now destroyed Fleet. Bottom line is that they actually took the effort in subtle ways to maintain immersion elsewhere. If Talos says the Imperial Reclaimation Service has recalled him to the Empire and he has to go, then he shouldnít be standing in my base. He could still move to the same section under the Companions and Contacts window like Doc, or Temple, or Elara, and still be summon-able, but not be in the base. Itís clearly not game breaking in any way, but itís little things like that lack of attention to detail that, well, those things just add up to give the game a sense of being unfinished, or being understaffed, and the like. Then the romantic reunion of certain female LIs that Iíve experienced thus far (Nadia and Elara come to mind)... it all feels rushed. Iím actually pleased with the vast majority of Jedi Under Seige, but sometimes I just feel there is so many unmet opportunities, unachieved potentials.

Oh well.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.23.2018 , 06:31 PM | #13
I finally saw the text of the Rusk letter. I thought it was interesting that he doesn't actually specify whether he is sticking with the Alliance quite like Jorgan is, he just says he will never betray the Republic but will help the Alliance fight other threats.

Kataret's Avatar


Kataret
12.24.2018 , 01:05 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
Throughout most of KOTET, Vette stands near the table that is currently staffed by Theron and T7. Jorgan, when he is in the base, is in the war room, as is Kaliyo. Iíll have to grab a screenie or something. The inhabitants and where they stand does vary some throughout the story.
The class companions that you recruited in the main chapters typically didn't show up in the base. Jorgan and Kaliyo only appeared once at the tail end of Chapter 13 after they had returned from the failed missions. As for Vette, Torian, and Gault, they similarly appear briefly in the Alliance base after you bust Saresh in chapter 2. Beyond that though, none of those companions stick around, which is unfortunate but I suppose it makes sense as characters like Jorgan and Kaliyo would be spending most of their time offworld their own stuff instead of sitting around on Odessen.

KnightJediShadow's Avatar


KnightJediShadow
12.28.2018 , 11:30 PM | #15
Are the messages (emails) from companion characters different depending on Empire vs. Republic? For example, if Rusk and T7's emails will change if a Jedi Knight joins the Empire.

OldVengeance's Avatar


OldVengeance
12.28.2018 , 11:48 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightJediShadow View Post
Are the messages (emails) from companion characters different depending on Empire vs. Republic? For example, if Rusk and T7's emails will change if a Jedi Knight joins the Empire.
In such a case there would be no emails from those characters. Aside from Lana, Theron, Temple, Ranos and Hexid, the only emails you get from old companions are from ones that used to be aligned with the opposite faction from you.

Kataret's Avatar


Kataret
12.29.2018 , 11:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KnightJediShadow View Post
Are the messages (emails) from companion characters different depending on Empire vs. Republic? For example, if Rusk and T7's emails will change if a Jedi Knight joins the Empire.
As the storyline goes, only Lana (and maybe Theron) would be aware of your character's decision to defect to the opposite faction. So in the case of a Jedi Knight joining the Empire, Rusk and T7 would be unaware of the Knight's double agent status. They would think the Knight is still supporting the Republic, and so they wouldn't send a concerned message.

Swingkittie's Avatar


Swingkittie
01.15.2019 , 11:44 AM | #18
Well on my Jedi Knight Quinn said he is loyal to the Empire, even though he isn't even her companion because she sided with the Republic in Iokath. And she can now summon him. It's strange.

This also makes no sense for the Warrior who sides with Republic. I don't know if Quinn says the same thing or not, but on Iokath he professes that he's done with the Empire and only loyal to the Sith Warrior now. However, I have heard of people losing him anyway even though he made that statement to them on Iokath.

Qyzen says something about hunting worthy prey and he will be ready to fight along side your character. Not necessarily leaving you but I think just saying he doesn't feel like Jedi are worthy prey.

Theron will send a different message depending on how you handled Gnost Dural too.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

krakadyla's Avatar


krakadyla
01.15.2019 , 03:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Swingkittie View Post
Well on my Jedi Knight Quinn said he is loyal to the Empire, even though he isn't even her companion because she sided with the Republic in Iokath. And she can now summon him. It's strange.
Not really, because 'tis just a bug. I have dead or banished companions who I can summon, companions I cannot even though I should, my SW has an entry saying she reunited with Quinn although she did not and my JK was able to rekindle her romance with Doc even though she did not romance him in the first place, and that's only on characters I bothered to check. But since plethora of rapidly multiplying bugs seems to be the new normal for this game, I just cannot be arsed about it all.