Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

CURRENT guide for Guardian/Jugg tank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Guardian / Juggernaut
CURRENT guide for Guardian/Jugg tank

Chasaskan's Avatar


Chasaskan
02.25.2019 , 07:21 PM | #1
I want to develop a Guardian tank, and my friend/guildie is searching for a guide for her Guardian tank, but there is none to be found.

Guardian can't suck that bad as tanks, and not all tanks are shadows/assassins. There has to be something out there.

I've looked on Dulfy. Last one is 4.0 so that is trash. I've looked on Vulkk. There's only DPS guides there.

There just has to be a Guardian tank that knows his/her stuff!!

Utilities, rotation, and gear information and so on.

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
02.26.2019 , 01:29 AM | #2
Any specific questions? I don't write guides because I find that it is more useful to learn via trial and error, and stuff like utilities are very personal (what I take for utilities is pretty different than what i have seen others recommending).

That said, I've played guardian tanks in this game since pre-2.0 and have done some decently challenging stuff with it, so any questions feel free to ask or pm.

GhOsTPrOz's Avatar


GhOsTPrOz
02.26.2019 , 04:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chasaskan View Post
I want to develop a Guardian tank, and my friend/guildie is searching for a guide for her Guardian tank, but there is none to be found.

Guardian can't suck that bad as tanks, and not all tanks are shadows/assassins. There has to be something out there.

I've looked on Dulfy. Last one is 4.0 so that is trash. I've looked on Vulkk. There's only DPS guides there.

There just has to be a Guardian tank that knows his/her stuff!!

Utilities, rotation, and gear information and so on.

You have a very warped mindsets here and seem to think only Shadow tanks are viable lol. I have cleared pretty much every boss in the game as Vanguard, Guardian and Shadow. What do you want to know about guardian specifically ?
<Tragic Heroes> Star Forge
<It's A Trap> Darth Malgus
http://tragicheroes.enjin.com/
Free stuff - http://www.swtor.com/r/XsKLPx

Morteficare's Avatar


Morteficare
02.28.2019 , 01:53 AM | #4
I got a question regarding gear. What numbers should i aim for when it comes to deff, absorb and sheild?
Would be good to get both pvp and pve numbers.

Im talking about 258

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
03.01.2019 , 05:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Morteficare View Post
I got a question regarding gear. What numbers should i aim for when it comes to deff, absorb and sheild?
Would be good to get both pvp and pve numbers.

Im talking about 258
For 258 tank gearing is rather difficult. Depending on what you do, I would honestly recommend just skipping it for a tank.

I go with tank armorings, lethal b mods, and bulwark/bastion enhancements with shield/absorb augments. This setup is literally impossible with 258 as you cannot get the b mods or high endurance enhancements (most of mine are crafted 246). If you have to have 258, i guess I would do lethal (dps) mods with tank armorings and enhancements, and of course shoeld absorb augs. This requires you to farm 2 sets, however. Unless you are doing MM gods (and probably even then but Idk because I refuse to do gods now) 248/6 gear with 228 augs is fine, though I do recommend 236 augs if you can afford them because the endurance is nice.

Numbers wise def ends up around 2k (just let it fall where it will, you'll have more than needed anyway), and I personally just keep shield and absorb close together, slightly favoring shield.

For pvp, you can drop the shield/absorb for crit/alacrity. I recommend doing this if you are tanking in a solo queue situation. I usually run my tank gear but I also bring my healer (frankly, if I don't have my healer, I'm just going to run dps and actually kill things).

Mordarion's Avatar


Mordarion
03.02.2019 , 05:51 AM | #6
Here is a question... does Legacy Gear work with the set bonuses?

I am trying to skank and Legacy gear seems to nullify any set bonuses. Am I missing something here?
<Rapid Serenity>... on Darth Malgus

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
03.02.2019 , 06:41 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordarion View Post
Here is a question... does Legacy Gear work with the set bonuses?

I am trying to skank and Legacy gear seems to nullify any set bonuses. Am I missing something here?
Yes you can legacy set bonuses, but theres a thing where it won't appear when you initially pull it out of your cargo hold. It still works (and reappears when you change instances, i think)

Mordarion's Avatar


Mordarion
03.08.2019 , 05:34 PM | #8
Yep got it all sorted now... ty Kendra .
<Rapid Serenity>... on Darth Malgus

Mordarion's Avatar


Mordarion
03.22.2019 , 12:10 AM | #9
Just a bump...

Has anyone seen a new guide?
<Rapid Serenity>... on Darth Malgus

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
03.22.2019 , 12:17 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mordarion View Post
Just a bump...

Has anyone seen a new guide?
Again i don't do guides as i feel learning via experience is both more useful and simply better than trying to copy someone else, but if you have any questions, I will attempt to assist.