Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Authenticator

ReverendSID
12.13.2011 , 02:23 PM | #11
Yeah, it's not a huge fail, but it's a bit of a fail that they don't have the mobile app ready to go. I mean if they knew they were going to do it & they had to figure a lot of people would want it, why isn't the mobile app available already?
I mean, I'm getting the CE so I'm gonna have the physical one, but that's just one more thing for me to keep track of. But my phone's always in arms reach.
And yes, the in game store is available to folks who buy the CE as long as they actually register & use the authenticator that comes with.

As for why get the CE? Well, yeah you can buy access to the VIP lounge in game, for 1 million credits... that might take awhile. The statue is frickin awesome and would probably cost more than $90 if sold separately (going off the general prices for Gentle Giant products), you get all the digital content from the digital deluxe version plus a music CD, the journal a map & a steel case. In other words, you get it if you're a collector.
In my case, the statue is enough for me to want it. Everything else is pure bonus.

Qanen
12.13.2011 , 02:28 PM | #12
I won't use phone authenticators ever again. Twice I've had a software update to my phone break the authenticator's certificate which resulted in a painful process of calling support and trying to get them to fix my account (after asking several hundred questions in an attempt to accuse me of trying to steal the account.)

Now... this was in 2 other games. But the concept is the same. If anything changes on your phone, such as the version of the software running, the authenticator is considered compromised and stops working until you have customer support re-validate it manually.

There are some ways around this, such as removing the authenticator from your account before doing every software update on your phone, then readding it afterwards. But who wants to deal with that kind of hassle?

Dongle for me

Oberik
12.13.2011 , 03:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Henigan View Post
It's also costs double the price in EU. 4.19 in US, and 8.99 in UK. $6.50 = 4.19
This !, why the huge difference in price ?, it's not like EA isn't a global company ..

Dasboi
12.13.2011 , 03:24 PM | #14
I can't even find this thing on the Origin website! Can someone post a link for it, even though they are sold out i would still like to get one in the future.
Thanks.