Quick Heads Up

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Two quick notes for you with Game Update 5.1:

• We have some known issues for this Update, including that the new Uprisings are currently missing from Group Finder. We are working to address this ASAP, more details here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911889
  • The Stalwart Leader Pack is not currently live but will be in the next 30-60 minutes (from the time of this post).
  • Don't forget that in order to get your retroactive Command Tokens you will need to log into each character individually to have the grant occur.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the increased communication this week Eric. Will there be an emergency patch deployed by any chance?

Edit: I also noticed on the Character Transfers page that the 90cc/150cc transfers are still in place. I thought they were going to end today. Any ETA on when transfers will go back up to normal price or is this actually going to be permanent?

Edited by Talon_strikes

• Dev Post
Thanks for the increased communication this week Eric. Will there be an emergency patch deployed by any chance?

We are looking into the issue and how long it will take to fix. Another maintenance this week with a patch to fix the issue is very likely. I suspect it will happen Thursday, but I would wait for a formal maintenance announcement for confirmed timing.

-eric

The retroactive command token grant seems messed up badly. My Command Rank 43 main has far fewer (220) than my command rank 11 alt (355), for example. And I thought they were legacy-wide?

Edit: I just logged in again and the two characters look the same. This seems very weird/buggy. Are they being granted the first time you log in to a character or something?

Edited by stoopicus

We are looking into the issue and how long it will take to fix. Another maintenance this week with a patch to fix the issue is very likely. I suspect it will happen Thursday, but I would wait for a formal maintenance announcement for confirmed timing.

-eric

Thank you Eric! I also edited my post because I initially left something out that I think is VERY important. A lot of people thought discounted transfers would end last maintenance Tuesday but would be extended until maintenance today. I'm looking at the page and I still see the discounts. Any news on when they'll end or will they stay indefinitely? Thanks in advance! :)

Edited by Talon_strikes

• Dev Post
The retroactive command token grant seems messed up badly. My Command Rank 43 main has far fewer (220) than my command rank 11 alt (355), for example. And I thought they were legacy-wide?

Edit: I just logged in again and the two characters look the same. This seems very weird/buggy. Are they being granted the first time you log in to a character or something?

You nailed it. They are granted the first time you log into a character.

-eric

We have some known issues for this Update, including that the new Uprisings are currently missing from Group Finder. We are working to address this ASAP, more details here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911889

Just pathetic. I was holding on my decision to unsubscribe till this patch. You helped me make this decision, thanks. And goodbye.

"" Lastly, there are new Command XP Boosts that you can buy for Command Tokens. These boosts only work while a character is in a specified Tier. They provide a 15% boost which stacks with the new legacy perk but not the MTX boost. Here are their costs:

Tier 1 – 20

Tier 2 – 28

Tier 3 – 44 "" - EricMusco

You "forgot" a little thing about thoose boosts...they are not lifetime

I give my opinion of 5.1, I red all the post about it before this launch, here is a Before/After:

Before: "Ok they will introduce commanding token, they only say we can buy boosts with it, I will receive around a thousand, so I am sure there will have an other use for them"

After:"I can't upgrade my old 236 to 242, would have been cool, but ok let's see the rest, the tokens can only be used to get boosts that I thought were definitive, now lasts 2hours, and after some calculations, with 3W:1L ratio in GS (a bit lower than my real stats), considering no time between each match, it would take 12hours to get a chest/leg/main weapon,no use, and for the raid loot, don't expect thanks, you just take it off 2 month and put a worse version of it after"

My subscription is soon ending, hope to see a good 5.2

For me BW you just killed this game, i will not pay for this joke.

It was good game, i think its time to look for something better.

For new players: Dont even try to pay for anything in this game. Its not worth it.

Sorry for bad english.

For me BW you just killed this game, i will not pay for this joke.

It was good game, i think its time to look for something better.

For new players: Dont even try to pay for anything in this game. Its not worth it.

Sorry for bad english.

Don't apologize for anything - you wrote it all perfectly.

This continuation is pushing me closer and closer to trying FF14

The tokens are based on tiers like this?

Tier 1: 5 tokens each: 1 - 89 ranks

Tier 2: 8 tokens each: 90 - 180 ranks

Tier 3: 12 tokens each: 181 - ∞ ranks

Update:

Tier 1: 5 tokens each: 1 - 89 ranks

Tier 2: 8 tokens each: 90 - 189 ranks

Tier 3: 12 tokens each: 190 - ∞ ranks

Edited by mike_carton

So, to to get tier 2 gear i need to give back empty tier 1 shell plus certain amount of tokens.

What if i sold empty tier 1 shells i got from galactic command system? I need to regrind all gear i already have?

Please tell me im wrong

Unfortunately i think you are 100% right thats my understanding too

So, to to get tier 2 gear i need to give back empty tier 1 shell plus certain amount of tokens.

What if i sold empty tier 1 shells i got from galactic command system? I need to regrind all gear i already have?

Please tell me im wrong

Don't worry, to fix the rng grind they've added another grind!

You're welcome!

Hey folks,

Two quick notes for you with Game Update 5.1:

• We have some known issues for this Update, including that the new Uprisings are currently missing from Group Finder. We are working to address this ASAP, more details here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911889
  • The Stalwart Leader Pack is not currently live but will be in the next 30-60 minutes (from the time of this post).
  • Don't forget that in order to get your retroactive Command Tokens you will need to log into each character individually to have the grant occur.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hi Eric,

The patch notes state "Eternity Vault and Karagga’s Palace now drop the same Command Experience item that other Operations provide."

Can you please clarify what this means as the missions for these 2 OPS still state 250ish CMD (269 with boosts) whereas other OPS are 500ish CMD (539 with boosts).

Thank you,

What happened to the info regarding the legacy perk to boost command xp. Not only was indicated in previous posts but it was in the original patch notes that it would be up to 10%. There IS a perk that can be bought, for an extortionate fee, for each character but that is not a legacy perk, its a character perk. The introduction was supposed to be to make the game more alt-friendly and having to spend over 3million credits per toon is NOT alt-friendly!

Quote from a previous post (emphasis is mine):

"legacy bound boosts you can purchase with Command Tokens, and the LEGACY PERK to speed up leveling"