How to boost dot damage?

DinesenDK

What stat boosts dots? Power?

Just curious with all the debate going on about Sorc being so bad.

Since I'm a returning player, I'm abit out of "sync" with what works, so a little help would go along way - Thanks.

Edited by DinesenDK

Its not "bad" but in pvp lack of burst and vulnerability to burst make it a challenge, especially when in recruit.

In PvE its a bit lacking in sustained but not overly so.

Mostly, I think only some minor fix would be needed :

For madness:

-Have crushing darkness tick every 2 seconds for twice the current tick damage rather than once per second to avoid it eating all deathmarks

-change ticking of CT so it ticks faster in the first 6 seconds, then slower. Make it worthy dps wise, but force degenerating to use on CD.

-add a permanent minor snare to CT (similar to wither)

Lightning tree:

-boost lightning strike damage by a fair margin (lightning spec should have it about on par with Tracer Missile, otherwise slightly under merc's power shot for other specs)

-better % on forked lightning and Lightning storm on LS (45ish to 60%, altough since LS has no cd, 60 might be too much)

-TB can also proc forked lightning.

Imo it would give that small boost we need.

As far as lightning in pvp, I won't comment since i never brought the spec in a WZ.

Its not "bad" but in pvp lack of burst and vulnerability to burst make it a challenge, especially when in recruit.

In PvE its a bit lacking in sustained but not overly so.

Mostly, I think only some minor fix would be needed

What I could read from other threads on the forum, the class is more in trouble due to boosts of other classes like Sentinel/Marauder. And when I played before 1.2 with my Powertech Pyrobuild, they hit pretty hard, so I'm not that scared from playing on in PVP - Too much QQ as usual on the forums, instead of adapting and so on. Anyways, you never told me the answer to my first question regarding the stats to boost dots?

I'm not sure what type of attack(tech-atttach?) it is, or how you can boost it stacking WP or POWER (or perhaps other)?

Thanks alot for the update on the class - much appriciated.

Edited by DinesenDK

What I could read from other threads on the forum, the class is more in trouble due to boosts of other classes like Sentinel/Marauder. And when I played before 1.2 with my Powertech Pyrobuild, they hit pretty hard, so I'm not that scared from playing on in PVP - Too much QQ as usual on the forums, instead of adapting and so on. Anyways, you never told me the answer to my first question regarding the stats to boost dots?

I'm not sure what type of attack(tech-atttach?) it is, or how you can boost it stacking WP or POWER (or perhaps other)?

Thanks alot for the update on the class - much appriciated.

Theory crafter seem to say willpower is the way to go for the extra crit with the 6% bonus to WP from talent. My guess is WP vs power in the end arrive pretty close but if you absolutely want BiS I'm fairly sure WP gives better result with the combined crit + extra damage.

Obviously, having a good hilt and offhand matters a lot also.

Willpower is the way to go well past current gearing levels. It has a slight edge on Power because of the boost Willpower also gives to crit, which is on a different (and much less severe) DR curve than crit rating. All of our dots are force attacks. Edited by SoonerJBD

Lightning can be excellent in PvP, but because of lack of survivability and the requirement to sit there to stream out our damage any focusing on us will typically end with our deaths.

I really think crushing darkness should be instant right off the bat and paratism could either heal per our dots damage ticks or 3% and imp end tier talent would improve it alot to make us more squishy but pain if not focused.

But I would rather Crushing darkness be instant.

Thundering blast also needs to be instant and have some ability to give it more or a kick like a knockback. To be honest I was shocked to see this class which is supposed to be a force mastery one leave very little control and the ability to do some pain.

Instead we are just weak lightning turrets with weak dots forced to run with the pack inorder to survive.

1vs1 and we die to every class. I am in fully augmented battlemaster/warlord gear and can attest to this.

We get it much harder then mercs, cause they can dish out the damage and have abilities to help with survivability but lack the escapes.

We lack the escapes, damage and survivability to do any damage. Against a merc we die pretty fast. In short stick with the group and find a place where no one will find you and you will do fine. But that rarely happens cause as soon as your figured out they will focus on you.