You Guys Are Not Listening At All - Good Luck with the 5.0 Launch

Wayshuba

Your stream today said you listened to the community and you will make the crates match the discipline. That is NOT what the community has been saying AT ALL. No one wants RNG.... No RNG... No random crates....

You mention ripping mods out to make the set.. hate to tell you this, earpieces, relics, shields, focus and implants do NOT have mods. So, we are still going to have the RNG but now at least it will be discipline specific. Big deal. No one wants RNG at all!!!

What part of this are you missing? Raiding and PvP are going to be completely destroyed by what you are doing! You really, really, really need to consider what you are doing with this. It didn't work in 1.0, it didn't work with Battlemaster boxes, and it is not going to work this time.

Edited by Wayshuba

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. All this change does is limit the number of people willing to swap to a tank or healer when needed...the RNG is the BIG issue...not what freaking class/discipline it's for...limiting it MORE just hurts more.

RNG is not going away. Please understand that we got a good change with the gear tying to what discipline you are in.

How is that good? Now the DPS Sage won't switch to heals because he doesn't want healing gear, he wants DPS gear...how does this help us?

Well, within an RNG framework, based on Discipline is something people had been requesting. Is it a total fix? No. Is it a step in the right direction? Yes.

Nothing needs to be fixed right now, it works fine as is. Why are they insisting on taking a big step backwards. Man, even the MMO sites have written articles about how bad a decision this is (both MassivelyOP and MMORPG). It seems plain to every player and writers on MMO news sites, but apparently BW is only going to learn by having an irate player base after launch like they did when they made the companion nerfs and heroic mission reward downgrades.

They really should listen in advance this time. Both times this was in the game in the past it had disastrous consequences. Why do they even think this will be different this time?

Edited by Wayshuba

Exactly. All this change does is limit the number of people willing to swap to a tank or healer when needed...the RNG is the BIG issue...not what freaking class/discipline it's for...limiting it MORE just hurts more.

It's determined by what discipline you're in when opening it they said. So at least this is better in every way than having it based on discipline. You can just raid as tank and then after switch to dps and open your crates.

That said, I still hope they just make Galactic Command just for solo stuff and Heroics and FP's. That way people playing OPs/PvP can just gear how they're used to and those who don't do the content can still get the gear in an alternative way.

Lastly, they mentioned the goal is to make gearing simpler, because "it's too complicated". This is utter bull, there's pvp commendations for PvP gear, three tiers of pve commendations for PvE gear. And then tokens for BiS PvE gear. It's not complicated at all, so I don't know what they're getting at.

The devs are not going to change what they have already decided. Months have been spent developing this new system.

Yes and no. There are modifications that could be made that wouldn't require a total rework of the system. They can keep the framework, what they need is a non RNG option. Dismantle X pieces, have enough currency for a specific piece. Single currency system at end game.

How is that good? Now the DPS Sage won't switch to heals because he doesn't want healing gear, he wants DPS gear...how does this help us?

He can heal and later switch to dps and open his crates. I still don't like the idea of RNG gearing, but it's still better in every way to tie it to discipline, since it does limit the RNG.

It's determined by what discipline you're in when opening it they said. So at least this is better in every way than having it based on discipline. You can just raid as tank and then after switch to dps and open your crates.
Ah...thank you. That does help...I appreciate your reply :)

That said, I still hope they just make Galactic Command just for solo stuff and Heroics and FP's. That way people playing OPs/PvP can just gear how they're used to and those who don't do the content can still get the gear in an alternative way.

Lastly, they mentioned the goal is to make gearing simpler, because "it's too complicated". This is utter bull, there's pvp commendations for PvP gear, three tiers of pve commendations for PvE gear. And then tokens for BiS PvE gear. It's not complicated at all, so I don't know what they're getting at.

The real goal is they think this is going to get them more subs.... want to bet now this is going to instead have the opposite effect? It had the effect of losing subs with v1 and with Battlemaster boxes. What do they think is going to happen this time?

Maybe when they say they're "simplifying" things, that's a convenient excuse to cover up lack of new content? Wouldn't be the first time they changed things around for no good reason. Maybe they finally realized that common/glowing/radiant is a stupid system, especially compared to the simpler basic/elite/ultimate ranking earlier. At least they're warning us this time, compared to 4.0 when they took out a lot of vendors with no warning (and some of them had nice looking gear).

So basically if we keep getting stuck with belts, just deal with it? We might just end up with a bunch of mods, but no armoring (as it'll probably still be bind to belt or bracers), no enhancements, no hilts? Or worse just end up with ear pieces, then keep hoping the next crate will be more merciful.

At least its nice to hear it'll depend on our current discipline, that's a bit of good news (though it should have occurred to them sooner). I hope RNG won't be that bad, but... well, I'm not holding my breath.

Edited by RandomNobody

In theory, they would just open the Crates after switching back from heals to dps.

Just so we're clear..it's still 100% based on RNG right?! THAT is STILL the crux of the issue...RNG.

I currently run supercommando pieces as well as healer pieces on my DPS mando to make sure I get the right item that I need for gearing.

Not to mention they cover that there are too many currencies AS THEY INTRODUCE a brand new currency (light side/dark side tokens) to the game.

They have their minds made up. Wish them all the best with the community outrage when this launches. They just plain are not listening.

Just so we're clear..it's still 100% based on RNG right?! THAT is STILL the crux of the issue...RNG.

I currently run supercommando pieces as well as healer pieces on my DPS mando to make sure I get the right item that I need for gearing.

Oh, I agree that the having no currency / trade in / non-RNG option is still bad. I think controlling the drop type based on your Discipline is an improvement vs advanced class, but I still want them to implement some alternative.

Not to mention they cover that there are too many currencies AS THEY INTRODUCE a brand new currency (light side/dark side tokens) to the game.

They have their minds made up. Wish them all the best with the community outrage when this launches. They just plain are not listening.

That one got me too...tokens were too complex, but this DvL component isn't?

Edited by curulz

Your stream today said you listened to the community and you will make the crates match the discipline. That is NOT what the community has been saying AT ALL. No one wants RNG.... No RNG... No random crates....

You mention ripping mods out to make the set.. hate to tell you this, earpieces, relics, shields, focus and implants do NOT have mods. So, we are still going to have the RNG but now at least it will be discipline specific. Big deal. No one wants RNG at all!!!

What part of this are you missing? Raiding and PvP are going to be completely destroyed by what you are doing! You really, really, really need to consider what you are doing with this. It didn't work in 1.0, it didn't work with Battlemaster boxes, and it is not going to work this time.

so with a rank up of about every hour or hour and a half you get a crate. RNG to stronk? 7 hours in swtor a night yields 7 crates and your worried about RNG wow.

Edited by Neoforcer

so with a rank up of about every hour you get a crate rng it to stronk? 7 hours in swtor a night yields 7 crates and your worried about rng wow.

Yes, I noticed that too. They basically admitted they are making the grind 5 to 10 times more than it is now. I can't wait to see the "we listened to the community" posts like the ones that came with the companion nerfs after this launches and completely blows up in their faces (like it did the previous two times).

They have NO IDEA how bad this is about to trash the end game.

Edited by Wayshuba

To be honest the whole system is stupid, getting rid of pvp gear, ect. No bioware that isnt what pvpers we want different gear for pvp than we do for pve. Seriously, changing all my pvp crystals to mastery as well? nope what if thats not the stat. Im telling you good luck with 5.0 people are quitting before it starts just reading patch notes and changes. Seriously even the buffs and nerfs are garbage, nerf lighting sorc buff madness? ***? good luck with the Mmo I had fun while it lasted but I wont be forced to do single player linear questline anymore to get some damn gear when I play to pvp its called an MMO for a reason you want a single player storyline? play Kotor

To be honest the whole system is stupid, getting rid of pvp gear, ect. No bioware that isnt what pvpers we want different gear for pvp than we do for pve. Seriously, changing all my pvp crystals to mastery as well? nope what if thats not the stat. Im telling you good luck with 5.0 people are quitting before it starts just reading patch notes and changes. Seriously even the buffs and nerfs are garbage, nerf lighting sorc buff madness? ***? good luck with the Mmo I had fun while it lasted but I wont be forced to do single player linear questline anymore to get some damn gear when I play to pvp its called an MMO for a reason you want a single player storyline? play Kotor

With bolster in warezone pvp gear was stupid the only time it was a issue was world pvp. This is a step into the direction of removing bolster from end game pvp...

The system will be tolerable for me if they allow you to rip out armorings and put them anywhere to get the set bonus. That is the only way it will be mildly alright to gear up. If armorings are locked to specific pieces then just ripping mods is pointless and you would be better off destroying the item and trying to reroll.

We will hopefully be able to craft or buy earpiece, relic, implant and hilt but the armorings with the set bonuses are going to be the biggest pain to get if they don't allow us to freely swap them in and out of legacy gear.