DPS Sage viable?

Lonewolf

Is a DPS sage viable, as I am concerned its not a realistic possibility as I believe there will be a majority of healing sages at endgame

Tele tree is meh, but as far as serious PvE/PvP, Seer is where it's at. Every point you put in, increases your Presence so I don't see why someone would go any route other than Healer.

Tele tree is meh, but as far as serious PvE/PvP, Seer is where it's at. Every point you put in, increases your Presence so I don't see why someone would go any route other than Healer.

Wut? I play Tele Sage and in every warzone I'm either 1, 2 or 3 in terms of highest damage output.

way back when the classes were announced bio said ok you can be tank, healer, dps, if you want but you don't have to be all classes are viable for an alternative. but people are people, whats the the poor shmuck dps sage forced to do group after group?...no one even bothers to ask, they just charge in assuming your gonna start healing...freaking nightmare.

But yes, dps sage IS completely viable and can pack a punch just make sure people know your dps.

Edited by Adryn

im dps balance spec and im topping the damage charts and kills all the time, at first it was tough but you really start to shine in your late 20's

this, exactly. Balance sage are so awsome after a particular level.

If your more familiar with wow, its a class relative to shadow priests and a tad of warlocks. DoT damages and instant casts = win

Where do you get this every point you put in, it increases your Presence? I haven't seen that tooltip ...is that a specific power or something?

It's only "meh" if you haven't played it... or if you're a sheep. :rolleyes:

So, can a Sage do decent amount of damadge without having to sacrifice the heal ability?

No. To be a viable healer you need to spec and build your way through the Seer tree, else you wont be able to keep up with the damage output.

Btw, yes, (OF COURSE) dps sage is viable...

So, can a Sage do decent amount of damadge without having to sacrifice the heal ability?

Yup. Just a hint...to be effective in PvP as a healer you don't have to have 31 points into Seer.

Edit-Don't listen to this guy above me :). You have to spec into Seer a ways, but you dont need the 31 pt ability.

Edited by Klaxius

Yup. Just a hint...to be effective in PvP as a healer you don't have to have 31 points into Seer.

Edit-Don't listen to this guy above me :). You have to spec into Seer a ways, but you dont need the 31 pt ability.

Yep. Really all you need is 2 talent points to be able to function early on. Even still as a DPS sage you won't heal for that much less than a full on Seer. The big difference comes in the form of healing efficiecy, speed, and different types of heals, not strength.

I have to completely disagree with this assessment. The DPS a Telekinetic Sage can output is easily just as good as any other DPS class out there, not to mention our off-heals (for those oh sh** moments) and great crowd control abilities.

And not sure where you are getting this information that Presence increases every time you put a point into Seer... And for PvP that is utterly worthless anyways since you can't have companions in Warzones.

Edited by GamewizX