new patch still no FE fix

well we and a few others played a few days ago one time he bugged where his ship didn't go down 2 more times where his shield never went away, in HK dps aoe wouldn't pull him out of cloak and took out our whole team, not sure on turrets but the shields on them never went away

and the main boss.... would get locked in just shooting us with LT at the end grenades not having any effect some times we would all just up and die all at once. and what pissed me off the most was when he was at 10% and everything went perfect me and the tank got blown off the edge and teleported out of the instance didn't die teleported and as we were flying they blew him off the edge and we couldn't get back in the instance so we couldn't loot and the columi armor for my char dropped :/

well we and a few others played a few days ago one time he bugged where his ship didn't go down 2 more times where his shield never went away, in HK dps aoe wouldn't pull him out of cloak and took out our whole team, not sure on turrets but the shields on them never went away

and the main boss.... would get locked in just shooting us with LT at the end grenades not having any effect some times we would all just up and die all at once. and what pissed me off the most was when he was at 10% and everything went perfect me and the tank got blown off the edge and teleported out of the instance didn't die teleported and as we were flying they blew him off the edge and we couldn't get back in the instance so we couldn't loot and the columi armor for my char dropped :/

Trying to help here

These aren't bugs.

where his shield never went away

The shield is DPS based. Lets say the shield starts at 60% hp. You do 30% of his hp in damage and it'll pop and he'll be at 30% hp. You guys just weren't doing enough dps I presume.

Same thing with the AoE, probably not enough dps, or you where hitting the wrong area.

The turrets: the shields need to be taken down by having that blast hit them: have your group stand on the turrets (all but the tank) and when that AoE circle come up move at the last possible second. This will make the turrets get hit by the blast and bring down the shields.

Okay, now for Malgus:

You need to kite him at ~13%. Move him into position WITHOUT BEING BETWEEN HIM AND A LEDGE. He is very difficult to move when he is chain casting, which makes sense because he's casting at a range.

For the knock-back, you need to coordinate TWO knockbacks in the same lightning cast. That's it.

Based on all of these things which you thought were bugs I can also assume that you weren't doing the ship correctly. You have to use the turret DIRECTLY infront of the ship for it to work. 5 hits and boom, ship is gone.

Hope that helps. Please learn the mechanics next time before you post.

Edited by Dragonbgone

well we were doing the thing for the turrets and the shields still didn't drop as we got farther in the fights sometimes they would just turn off but when we tried to get them off using the missiles it wasn't working.

you only have to do some aoe damage just has to hit him and he'll come out of it.

didn't know about the starship guy i've only played that FP twice and the 1st time was on xmas. also the turrets wouldn't hit the ship and one time it like landed and took up the middle turret and half the fighting area

but yea malugs is efing nuts

i'm glad someone answered you fully and helped you out. take something from this, for real.

running a flashpoint twice in 3 months and not knowing the full mechanics of each boss and failing at them and then claiming they are bugs is not a great way to go about things.

there are a wide variety of videos and guides all around the interwebs for all bosses of each flashpoint nm/hm as well as the mechanics for ops on each difficutly.

educate yourself and don't blame "bugs".

^ yea because a ship landing on us or us just falling over dead is meant to happen :/

guess i forgot the part where you teleport out of FP's when you die and miss out on the loot because it won't let you back in even tho it still says you haven't beat the quest

thanks for being so insightful

^ yea because a ship landing on us or us just falling over dead is meant to happen :/

guess i forgot the part where you teleport out of FP's when you die and miss out on the loot because it won't let you back in even tho it still says you haven't beat the quest

Look, we want to help, that's what the forums are for. There are, however, many people that come on here and cry about bugs before they understand the fights.

Also, the ship falling onto the platform after being downed is just a visual bug, it doesn't effect the fight, correct?

you being ported out isnt a bug, you failed a mechanic. dont get knocked off and you are fine. you positioned yourself in such a way that he was able to knock you off.

you being ported out isnt a bug, you failed a mechanic. dont get knocked off and you are fine. you positioned yourself in such a way that he was able to knock you off.

He's not talking about that. He's talking about them not being able to loot the boss because of this. THAT is a legitimate bug.

The falling over dead part is an attack called unlimited power ( if i remember correctly ) and you can interrupt it. I can't quote the exact damage, but it is possible for it to one shot people who are a bit under geared.

HKs turrets have been fixed for weeks now .. the shield will be removed shortly after HK is down.

The other stuff were already explained in a previous post.

Still no HM FE fixes.... Starship boss bugs quite a bit and i don't even want to start on how much end boss bugs

The BH for us was completely unbeatable and we quit out after 3 attempts (I'm talking a full rakata/columi group trying to gear out one of our new 50s). The Ship would not back up after the 3rd recall (tried all 3 turrets) and would gain full DPS buff stack. We were getting a little unlucky on some interrupts...but at 400% damage on HM that became a wipe real quick.

just horrible, horrible QC for this game.

Edited by chillinvillain

He's not talking about that. He's talking about them not being able to loot the boss because of this. THAT is a legitimate bug.

very arguable. the mechanic in question removes you from the instance if you fail it, dont fail it and there is no problem. he honestly should be glad he paid such a small price for a fine lesson.

Jindo is definitely still bugged. His ship is now ignoring the middle turret completely sometimes, even when his shield is down. The ship just sat there in the middle position and we used the middle turret several times, then decided to try and use the others, none of which did anything. Fortunately, this also seems to bug the ship attacks out, as all it did was a very infrequent missile shot.

AND THEN SOMETIMES IT COMES AND SAYS HELLO. IT IS EXCITED TO MEET US.

HK also twice now has been knocked out of stealth and still decided to murder someone. Not doing anything different this week than we did before, though it's a little difficult to tell if people are screwing this up suddenly in my group or not.

Not stonewalling bugs, but definitely annoying.

The BH for us was completely unbeatable and we quit out after 3 attempts (I'm talking a full rakata/columi group trying to gear out one of our new 50s). The Ship would not back up after the 3rd recall (tried all 3 turrets) and would gain full DPS buff stack. We were getting a little unlucky on some interrupts...but at 400% damage on HM that became a wipe real quick.

just horrible, horrible QC for this game.

The ship is a little buggy but if you pay attention you can avoid it. First the only turret you need to ever use is the center one. Second when the ship moves forward both dps need to immediately go to that middle console. Do not hit it right away. Watch the ship and after about 3-4 seconds you will see the shield around the ship go up. Both hit the console right after that, he will pull 1 away and the other finishes the cast. Ship will back up every time.

as for the loot, make sure to always tell your group not to loot until everyone is near. I forgot if killing him ends the flashpoint or not but basically if they loot while you are out of the instance you don't get to roll. wait till you zone in get close then loot. If that is what you did then yup bug if not working as intended i guess

as for the loot, make sure to always tell your group not to loot until everyone is near. I forgot if killing him ends the flashpoint or not but basically if they loot while you are out of the instance you don't get to roll. wait till you zone in get close then loot. If that is what you did then yup bug if not working as intended i guess

The quest updates when the boss dies, not when the chest is popped. If you get knocked off and the rest of your group kills him you are locked out of the zone. BW has clearly satated this is working as intended though and gave a L2P response on a number of tickets.

However, I personally have encountered the "Cant be knocked back" bug and it's not a matter of getting 2 knockbacks off during one cast. we literally had our entire group hit him with bombs, Force waves, Jedi push etc within a second of eachother and he just stands there. THAT is a bug, not a L2P issue.

yea getting zapped out of an instance instead of dieing like normal and waiting for them to kill so then you can leave and come back to loot, wasn't a problem with they looted while i was gone its that it wouldn't let me or the tank back in to loot

and getting a sux to be you response from the devs isn't very comforting

I ran FE a month or more ago and had several flawless runs.

HK is just a *****, we dealt.

Final boss: "unlimited power" == auto wipe. Interrupt it. Also, his KB throws you back literally the whole walkway.

Jindo: No issues on any run. Really fast once the ship dies.

I haven't done FE in a few weeks, but I know I've run into a whole slew of bugs in that place. Mobs reset in the middle of combat, Malgus kicks people through solid objects, the Trandoshan boss on the bridge chain-kicks the tank once he enters range until the tank's off the edge (been kicked five times in a row before hitting the ground after Force Charging in), HK has never once spawned for me the first time I enter his room, done three runs where I'd run into invisible walls and be incapable of attacking anything behind these "walls" due to a "cannot see the target" message (/stuck is the only thing that would fix this) and, my personal favorite, twice I've knocked Malgus off the bridge during his force lightning phase (with Force Push) only to have my entire group fall over dead as he resets. BUT we end up getting credit for killing him AND locked out so we can't loot or try again. You can see him standing at the bottom of the stairs at full health before you respawn, but it credits you with completing the FP right before you die, so you end up locked out.

Haven't had too many issues in there myself, but when explaining the Jindo fight, my explanation includes that it most likely won't work properly, because it rarely does. Oh, and one other bug worth mention, his grapple/punch combo is interruptable, except interrupting it does nothing, it doesn't stop the punch/knockback at the end. It either needs to not be interruptable or else interrupting it needs to prevent the punch at the end.

The other bug I see routinely is with HK-47, where he says he's going to do his stealth/stun thing, but doesn't. He'll do it properly the first time, but from that point on, he won't CC me (as the tank), won't stealth, just says his line and keeps fighting like normal. But that just makes the fight easy, so nobody complains about that ;) That doesn't happen that often though.

Edited by Battilea