Cademimu - Client crashing

Twice in the same day (approximately 2.5 hours apart) on seperate trips into Cademimu (normal mode) my client has crashed a minute or so after the first long elevator ride down and I engage the pack of mobs.

The first trip in, I also crashed while fighting the final boss, Oltor, I think his name is.

So obviously it seems like something in Cademimu is giving my computer fits after that first elevator ride down and then I'm assuming the crash at the final boss would happen again, too.

I haven't experienced any other sudden crashes to desktop anywhere else in the game.

I'm running a 2.16ghz dual core with 4gb of ram and a radeon 5770 if that helps figure anything out.

I had exactly the same problem in the same place. I tried again last night, and again the crash. I put my companion away and was able to finish the instance without any further crashes. That FP seems to freak them out, especially the elevators. Night before last I crashed 3-4 times on the last boss before giving up, last night with no companion it went smoothly. BW should have a look at this FP, I think.

I had the exact same issue last night. 5 crashes to desktop. We overleveled the FP by about 10 levels or so, but my husband and I missed it when we were leveling and decided to run it for fun. When I had Ashara out, I crashed at the end of the first elevator, 3 times trying to get on the taxi, and once on the final boss. Once I exchanged her for Khem, no more crashes. My guess was that SIs don't have Ashara at the recommended level of the FP, so she was causing the problems.

Same thing for me. Was running it solo (overleveled, obviously) just to try to get one or two of the orange moddable things in there.

Same problem...took the elevator down, then within the next minute or two a complete client crash-to-desktop. Happened to me twice in a row, then I gave up.

FWIW, I have never had a crash-to-desktop anywhere else in SWTOR my entire time playing the game.

I'm underlevel for this FP, have run it 3 times now. The first time through I crashed like crazy, in similar spots to you guys (1st elevator, fighting 1st boss, stealing the police car, etc). Also, I had Mako, the BH companion out and I noticed that especially after elevator rides she would disappear and not reappear. More disturbingly, I couldn't dismiss and resummon her. When I mouse over her icon, I get a message that reads "invalid character". The only fix is to exit and re-enter the FP. Also, I get a lot of graphics lag in here that I haven't noticed in other FPs, or anywhere else in the game for that matter. I have since turned my graphics all the way down and I dismiss Mako when going up/down ramps, elevators, basically I put her away unless we're moving directly from one fight to another. This has fixed the graphics lag, the crashy crashy and the companion dissapearing act, but we still get lots of evades and warping mobs in this FP. It definitely needs an overhaul.

On a related note (overhaul) this FP, especially the bosses, need to be tweaked. Badly. It's way, way to easy. Here's my group:

Me: 26th BH PT ST spec

Wife: 25th Sith Inq Sorc Healer spec

Son: 27th Sith Inq Assas dps spec

... We're underlevel, 3 man, and we can crush this place. No probs at all, save the normal occasional stupid (and totally preventable) mistakes. We're getting gear that requires 29th level 4 and 5 levels before we can wear it. As a comparison, we tried running Mandalorian Raiders just 1 level below mob level and got our asses handed to us. P.S. MR is perfect, please don't change a thing, love it. Basically, I see the problem as the bosses in Cade are way to easy. They are all tank and spank with very minor twists. The last boss is one of the easiest fights I've seen in any FP so far. Like, we figured out pretty quickly, oh, don't stand under the gigantic rockets that blast out huge flames.... really? that's it? Other than that you just kill the dude? That's so ... WoWish (yeah, I said it).

Finally, please don't misunderstand my post. I really like Cade. I think it's a super cool FP. I love how you kill the oppressors and the oppressed peeps start clapping and stuff. One of the coolest things I've seen in any dungeon ever. I love the city scene, the night club is awesome when the bad guys break in and people are running and screaming, super cool, I adore that you get to steal a cop car (with scavenging, or maybe it's slicing, don't remember, I have both). I think on balance the trash is all pretty appropriate, they pop out in unsuspecting places to surprise you and cool stuff like that, I just think the bosses are waaaay to easy and the bugs are out of control. Otherwise, great job!

Edited by maschovy

Same issue as everyone else. I had Blizz out (who would disappear, but all of my companions seem to disappear after an elevator ride) and I would hear his zip line (or whatever he fires to fling himself into the middle of everyone) and I would crash. When I came back online it would show a black screen with the only option to leave the area. I've been able to repeat it multiple times.

-Elevator is broken for sure (companion goes flying away lol)

-Client crashes when I die

-Hardcore lag due to large amounts of data needing to load (Too many npcs IMO)

Pretty much the same gripes everyone else is having, its a shame I made it 75% of the way through this then it made me start all over again.

Same as the others, with a couple minor updates:

You can get your "invalid character" companion back by summoning a different companion and then re-summoning the original companion. Causes the game to crash sometimes, though.

Last time I went through was at level 50. It fulfilled a daily requirement, and I figured it'd be a cakewalk. The first couple times I crashed, it was at the taxi ride. I really should have given up on it and done a different FP for my daily, but somehow I felt I had to just get through this, as it bothered me to leave this incomplete. I didn't get the crash at the base of the elevator, but did start noticing random crashes at various other locations (nothing consistent, though).

I did, however, get to a point where I could go through the entire FP and consistently crash in two places; the taxi ride and the final boss fight with Ortol. The taxi ride wasn't bad; I'd restart and go back to the same location, but the boss fight crash reset the entire questline. Boss fight crashes were of two varieties; either I'd get him down to 1/4 health and freeze, requiring a reset (usually a hard reset, but twice was able to do a soft reset), or all four rockets would fire at once and I'd lock up. Note that I wouldn't actually die (although I should have, there being nowhere to stand to avoid them), but my health would drop to about 10% and the system would lock up. My guess would be that I did die, but the animation wasn't loading. Each of these freezes would end up with me rezzing at Carrick Station, near the quest terminal.

The final time I did this, I was helping another player (lvl 28) finish his/her quest, and crashed something like 5-7 times at random locations before the final boss fight. Each time, the quest remained at the same place and did not reset, but then the other player was mostly remaining far enough away from mobs to avoid drawing aggro.

The final fight with Ortol did end up with me dying twice, though, as all four rockets fired each time and I was unable to move out of the way. Yes, I've done this successfully before with a group, and know how to avoid the three firing rockets, but this involved all four firing simultaneously.

The other player did, however, show me an exploit to get past this, however. During our third try, she went in to attack Ortol while I remained outside and pressed myself against the door. Once the other player died, Ortol moved out of the room (with the door still closed) and was killable without worrying about the rockets.

I had the same thing last night. I over-levelled the flashpoint, so I was doing it solo at level 37.

The game locked up twice after the first elevator until I figured out that the problem was caused by my companion getting stuck on the elevator. I dismissed him and summoned him once I got to the bottom, and had no problems the third time.

I also had a problem on the taxi. Once I was dropped off the taxi, I got stuck in the ground and could not move forward. Eventually, I accidentally killed myself by falling off the platform because I only seemed to be able to move backwards.

The game also locked up twice on the final boss as I was trying to figure out how to kill him without getting fried. The two times I died by fire, the game locked up just before I died.

When I reloaded the game, I was lying dead in front of the flashpoint portal in the Republic fleet.

After writing a bug report, a cs rep contacted me via in-game chat and told me that it was a known issue and they were working on it.

I just crashed when I took the taxi in Cademimu. I had Xalek out, which according to a previous post, could be the problem.

I had no issues with Xalek until this point though, except for him going on a hike when I took an elevator ride. I summoned another companion, and summoned Xalek back - problem solved. :p

- Dismissed Xalek, took taxi, no crash and I'm enroute. :)

Edit: Also crashed when entering the final boss chamber.

Edited by Mnc_

• 3 weeks later...

Cademimu is just filled to the brim with bugs!

- crash to desktop at various map locations or actions.

- companion dies if you zone in from dying.

- companions fly off the elevators and get lost.

- companion summons to 'invalid character'

- Ortol fires all 4 rockets at once.

I submitted the last issue regarding Ortol fight, and the CSR replied "there is no issue it is working as intended part of the game mechanic" ***!! :eek::mad: