Are Sith regular soldiers tougher then Republic soldiers?

Damatese

It seems the republic army here is more diverse then the clone army of SW universe movies. With that being said, the clone troopers appear fearless while the Republic grunts here seem afraid even going so far as deserting the army.

I am not sure how the Sith side plays like but from what they seem they are a hardier lot then the soft republic at least mentally.

The clones were "genetically written" to be fearless. The soldiers in the Old Republic are regular people with their own lives and families.

But what I found out from playing Empire is that soldiers quite often get executed for failed missions. Not to mention working with Sith being quite dangerous.

Compare the armies like this...

Republic - WWII British soldiers defending their homelands from invasion.

Empire - WWII Russian soldiers, fail you die, follow orders join the slaughter (of you and your comrades).

Republic are fearless or have enough courage to overcome their fear, Empire are more fearful of their boss' then enemy guns.

They're both vigorously motivated for different reasons:

The Republic troopers are motivated by their desire to defend the galaxy's freedom and so that their families would not live under the brutal oppression of the Sith Empire.

The Imperial troopers on the other hand are motivated by the fear of failure, which in most cases would result in harsh punishment from a Sith Lord. Hence in their case it would preferable to die honorably in battle instead of being 'put down' by merciless and sadistic Sith lords.

Of course I'm generalising here and I'm sure you'd expect to find patriotic Imperial troopers who genuinely wish to serve their Empire and their people, but nevertheless both groups follow radically different mindsets.

Edited by ZakMorgan