Sorcerers are becoming the next Bright Wizards

jcyrus

(For those unaware of Bright Wizards, they are a class in Warhammer Online. At launch, the class had far too powerful of attacks earned early on which resulted in the warzones being 50%+ Bright Wizards, with them topping the damage charts)

Now that everyone knows Operative changes are on the way, I'm seeing a lot more Inquisitors around - especially Sorcerers. It's like the Operatives are all rerolling the alternative stealth class, or the alternative facemelting class.

Warzones are beginning to look like Warhammer Online's Bright Wizard problem. In the Huttball matches I've played today, the worst so far have been one with 11 Inquisitors, and one with 12.

10 out of the 11 Inquisitors were Sorcerers in the first one, and 8 out of 12 were Sorcerers in the second.

Should we view this as merely growing pains, as a portion of the playerbase looks for another class to play? Or do you think this is going to be a longterm problem, where the game becomes Sorcerer Wars of the Old Republic (to quote a guildie)?

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not growing pains m8. The class is overpowered in its current form and anyone with half a braincell knows it.

The only people who deny it are the Sorcs themselves and they arent biased much.

Not a sorceror. I love interrupting them and killing them. Most of them are easy.

As soon as you learn WHAT you need to do to interrupt them, you'll love killing them too.

It's not just you. For over a month ppl have been saying the mercs and sorcs are OP. Ops got the most yelling, so they got nerfed first. Mercs just go "uh uh... LOOK AT THE SORC ****" and sorcs go "**** THAT OPS JUST 2 SHOT ME". Now that the ops nerf I think sorcs will be looked at next.

I can very comfortably say that over 50% of people in warzones will be sorc and merc. This is sad cuz if everything was equal and people could just play what they want they would make up 25%. I myself rolled assassin and find huttball the most painful thing in the world. Rerolled a merc and find it too brainless. So yeah, I will roll a sorc. It's like WoW when arena came out. Wanna be good? Roll druid or warr.

But let's not forget, it's a l2p issue when 2 classes make up 50% of warzones.

Its not growing pains m8. The class is overpowered in its current form and anyone with half a braincell knows it.

The only people who deny it are the Sorcs themselves and they arent biased much.

Might it be that you just need to try and learn how to PvP?

As a sorc is nothing more the a Jedi , do a tun less dps then your soldier or merc . No burst at all . We have good cc , and a dam nice shield . In light armor that ships is what keeps us from just falling over dead.

13k life ya when mist dps classes can hit for 6k we go fast.

Yep op as all hells we are , and iv got a nice bridge to sell you.

Edited by Rallic

All classes are overpowered if you do not capitalize on their weaknesses. Most of the people who are claiming sorc are overpowered are not doing that.

I have gotten over 600k damage in voidstar 5 times but it has nothing to do with me being good or playing an overpowered class. It everything to do with the other team letting me. When I face good teams, I need to push to do half that much damage as it is hard to DPS when some melee is continually trying to shove their lightsaber down my throat.

Look, another one of these threads. OP, like every other person qqing about Sorc, simply needs to practice PvP.

shield lasts through one dps rotation. So, in about 6s, you can burn down the shield. You then have 14 seconds to pump out enough dps to kill a cloth-wearing caster. Can't do it? Ur Bad.

Force Lightning has no CD for most hybrid dps specs, and procs our insta-casts. See a Sorc spamming FL? He's trying to proc an instant cast. Get LOS, interrupt, or cc. Can't do it? Ur Bad.

Healing spec Sorcs have mediocre dps and healing hybrid specs are rare. Is a Sorc healing through all your damage? Great. That means he's not healing his team, and a ball carrier/bomb planter/turret capture is getting wasted by focus fire. Either switch targets, or call the focus on the healer. Can't do it? Ur Bad.

A specific spec is needed to get all the CC a Sorc has, and most of it procs from used abilities. Blind happens when our shield is blown up, and lasts 3s. It's melee ranged. Our pbaoe knockback has to be spec'd to root you, and lasts for 5s, assuming you're not getting damaged, otherwise it's 2. You should be geared enough to whether one or two whole GCD's worth of time the Sorc has to dps you. Can't do it? Ur Bad.

I know most people want to cover up the fact that they suck at pvp by saying "omg, sorcs are everywhere, therefore OP!!11!1!" but it's just not reality. Sorcs are not the class doing 4.5k+ crits over the course of one knockdown, coming out of stealth. Sorcs are not the class spamming 1 (one) ability while wearing heavy armor doing the same amount of dps as Sorc, more even. Sorc is not the class spider healing in heavy armor turtling doors or turrets while spamming one dps ability. Most of you are whiners that need practice, that is all.

Sorcs OP....lol, they get dropped in LITERALLY 3 globals by OPS/scoundrels...and the inc nerf to them will not be enough. Book mark this thread so I can say I told you so.

Sorcs main attack does around 2800 damage in 3 seconds. AND is MITIGATED by armor. Everyone thinks sorcs damage is not, only the dots are not. And the dots them selves tick for around 300..less then any dot class in game.

People see sorcs damage and healing done and cry QQ..but the people who say this are too igonrant to know where this damage and healing comes from.

Bubbles...each bubble is around 3.5k absorbtion and they count for heals. A sorc spredding the bubble can easily get 80k in a match and never once cast a heal.

Damage..the damange is all AOE damage, get that through your heads AERA OF EFFECT damage. Sorcs arguably have the worst single target of any spec in game and are BY FAR the squishiest.

The AOE damage is not even that strong, but a main attack, chained lightening will hit 5 targets. I can crit for 2.7k fairly often and on multiple targets.BUT this never kills anyone. Sorcs are splash damage, not heavy hitting like any otehr class in game. Sorcs have to have 4235346523452 power ups to get 5k crits and best gear in game. Eveyr other class, INCLUDING TANKS can do this all day long.

People did not roll sorcxs cause they are OP, they rolled them cause lightening is cool...PERIOD!

Edited by Raideen

Not a sorceror. I love interrupting them and killing them. Most of them are easy.

As soon as you learn WHAT you need to do to interrupt them, you'll love killing them too.

This. My sorceror is real easy to kill. My nemesis are bounty hunters, scoundrels, Sith Marauders, and of course Operatives. I tend to attact them like flies to ....

Edited by Chiricahua

In the past week, warzones has been way overpopulated by sage and sorcs, just now I got out of a voidstar against 7 sages and it was misserable having them ALL spam tk throw over and over and over and over.

Too bad I deleted my sorc a while ago, guess I'm going to join them until the nerfbat arrives.

This. My sorceror is real easy to kill.

its beyond easy to kill sorcs. That is why everyone that is melee or ops/scoundrels always pick the sorc out of the crowd.

It is amazing how on one hand all these idiots cry NERF SORCS OP QQ QQ QQ BLA BLAH...yet, the player base runs and guns and picks sorcs out of the crowd to kill them first.

Sorcs really are that squishy, even with the UBER bubble up.

Teh proof is in the actions, not the words.

Sorcs/Inquisitors have been 60% or more every WZ i enter since the get go,dunno why or how other servers are no different and it Imperial always,ive never seen one of my teams stacked with four or five casters,,,ever. Edited by Sathid

Look, another one of these threads. OP, like every other person qqing about Sorc, simply needs to practice PvP.
If you're going to refer to the OP (me), at least read the post so you know what you're responding to.

This isn't a QQ thread about sorcerers. Nowhere did I complain about anything they can do, or call for a nerf, or complain about being killed by them. I said right in my post I have a Sorcerer alt of my own, meaning I'm playing one myself.

What I was discussing (had you bothered to read the post) was the sheer number of them you're seeing lately. That it is becoming like what we were seeing in Warhammer Online at launch with Bright Wizards.

Number of videos on Youtube showing a sorc/sage one on one with a player and the player dying before he has a descent chance to fight back ZERO.

Number of videos showing O/scoundrel killing someone without a chance in hell of fighting back too many to count.

Fact remains you can nerf a class if it has something that no tactics can stop ie the OP/scoundrel opener from stealth.

With sorc/sage there tons you can do to stop them .They are glass you just need to grapple them in and its easy as hell.Heck just pick on them and stun them and they die so fast.

Their high dmg is substained not burst ,they have terrible burst dmg .They are glass .

So i don't see the problem .If you ignore glass cannons in any mmo you get punished for it.

In short one on one if you struggling with a sorc/sage with any class then you really need to check your gear/specs.

In WZ blame your team mates who use tab to determine a target who is a tank and leave the sorc standing back.

And sorc easiest to deal with use interrupt they only know lightening 1 button spam!

Edited by ranlaen

(For those unaware of Bright Wizards, they are a class in Warhammer Online. At launch, the class had far too powerful of attacks earned early on which resulted in the warzones being 50%+ Bright Wizards, with them topping the damage charts)

Now that everyone knows Operative changes are on the way, I'm seeing a lot more Inquisitors around - especially Sorcerers. It's like the Operatives are all rerolling the alternative stealth class, or the alternative facemelting class.

Warzones are beginning to look like Warhammer Online's Bright Wizard problem. In the Huttball matches I've played today, the worst so far have been one with 11 Inquisitors, and one with 12.

10 out of the 11 Inquisitors were Sorcerers in the first one, and 8 out of 12 were Sorcerers in the second.

Should we view this as merely growing pains, as a portion of the playerbase looks for another class to play? Or do you think this is going to be a longterm problem, where the game becomes Sorcerer Wars of the Old Republic (to quote a guildie)?

it wont matter rerollers will always suck, u need to master your class, rated wz's are around the corner, i'm rank 56 on my vanguard sunday i have rank 60 since we have pvp afternoon/night saturday with our alliance guilds, and all my normal pvp team will be battlemasters, rerollers get stomped

Might it be that you just need to try and learn how to PvP?

As a sorc is nothing more the a Jedi , do a tun less dps then your soldier or merc . No burst at all . We have good cc , and a dam nice shield . In light armor that ships is what keeps us from just falling over dead.

13k life ya when mist dps classes can hit for 6k we go fast.

Yep op as all hells we are , and iv got a nice bridge to sell you.

lol l2p? Seriously, I wish they could introduce cross server duelling.

Oh and surprise surprise..... youre a sorc.