Bioware put back in the blue level 50 PVP gear

torhent

In Beta and in the first weeks of release the blue level 50 PVP gear was available. A complete set gave you about 6% expertise. With the addition of the level 50 only bracket, its ridiculous to expect new 50's to come into that bracket and stay after they spend a few matches getting completely destroyed by guys wearing full Champion.

The blue armor before was not a gimme, it was about 550 warzone coms a piece, or about 2/3 rds a champ bag. Most guys would have to spend about 30 matches getting beat down before the were in a full set of the blues and could then start saving up for the artifact on higher.

I'm already in Champion + Battlemaster, so this isn't about gearing up easier. Its about making it where Bioware isn't alienating new guys coming into the 50 bracket. At least once a week I see a guy coming in with 11K HPs (and yes he has the level 50 blue mods you'd expect someone who took time and did their quests) getting destroyed and going WTH is this and why am I fodder? I always tell them it'll be about a month before you have enough gear to be competitive. Hopefully they will stay and not churn out.

People can save up 1k warzone and merc comms and purchase one champ bag prior to 50 and, before stepping foot in one level 50 warzone, get enough commendations for 4 centurion pieces. If they complete the daily, that's one more. If they decide to stick around and complete the weekly, that's three more and one champion piece.

The new system makes the transition far more forgiving. People just need to be aware of it.

Or you can take some time and get orange gear and mod it up as well as you can before trying to go into pvp against geared opponents while you are dressed in a wet paper bag.

Use your mind and quit expecting them to change the game to overcome your failure to think.

Edited by Kelticfury

Please, I've been reading people whining about the gear gap on these forums for a while now, and having just got to 50 myself, I have first hand experience with the situation. It is NOT as bad as people are making it out to be.

People just need to understand that going into a warzone as soon as you hit 50, you are NOT invincible and therefore need to play accordingly. Don't charge into more than 1 person, stay with the group, and don't try and be a hero.

I spent most of my time in my early 50 warzones being a support player rather than actually going off and killing people. Run the huttball (if you have the cd's to survive with it), help defend a node, distract the enemy so that your team can plant the bomb at the door. This is not rocket science, its to be expected.

As for gear, after around a day at 50, I'm now at 9% expertise, with almost full centurion gear and 2 pieces of champion gear. I have opened around 18 bags and only received 1 champion token, so I've not just been lucky with drops. It does NOT take long to gear. Just make sure you hit 50 with a Champion bag in your inventory and 1000 commendations of each type. This is INSTANTLY 6 bags. Then go do your dailies and weekly's that's another 8 bags. So excluding any bags you pick up whilst doing your warzone dailies that's 14 bags almost as soon as you hit 50. That's almost enough for a full set of centurion gear.

People need to stop complaining and realise that the although there is indeed a gap, it is very easy to get past it, if you put a little effort in, and plan ahead for it.

Thought about it, but not many people would buy it.

You can gear up to itemlevel 124 with items from daily quests and tradeskills. It doesn´t take long to get those items or the credits for them and it is more useful than a Level 50 blue pvp set with 6 % experrtise. It´s also everything you need to do HM instances and operations.

Not many people use that option.

I don´t even see many people using the Level 124 tradeskill weapons or the level 126 mods from Ilum when they start pvping at level 50.

In Beta and in the first weeks of release the blue level 50 PVP gear was available. A complete set gave you about 6% expertise. With the addition of the level 50 only bracket, its ridiculous to expect new 50's to come into that bracket and stay after they spend a few matches getting completely destroyed by guys wearing full Champion.

The blue armor before was not a gimme, it was about 550 warzone coms a piece, or about 2/3 rds a champ bag. Most guys would have to spend about 30 matches getting beat down before the were in a full set of the blues and could then start saving up for the artifact on higher.

I'm already in Champion + Battlemaster, so this isn't about gearing up easier. Its about making it where Bioware isn't alienating new guys coming into the 50 bracket. At least once a week I see a guy coming in with 11K HPs (and yes he has the level 50 blue mods you'd expect someone who took time and did their quests) getting destroyed and going WTH is this and why am I fodder? I always tell them it'll be about a month before you have enough gear to be competitive. Hopefully they will stay and not churn out.

What would be the point when you can get full cent with some champ gear just as easily now?

When I hit 50, I had 1000/1000 coms and an Unique bag. Then I finished Ilum and Warzone weeklies and dailies - with the amount of Centurion comms you're getting, I was almost fully decked in Centurion gear (except three champion items - two from bag and one from comms) after first day.

And I had no trouble killing bads (aka most people in warzones) in Battlemaster gear with my Centurion gear.

So one day of getting owned is too hardcore?..

It is ridiculously easy to get full centurion gear now, i honestly dont get how people can complain now...

When i dinged 50 i had 1k merc / wz commendations saved and i had also bought a champ bag because i loved pvping so much while leveling (im not much of a quester and it made questing bearable) After dinging 50 i had 6 champion bags off the bat, daily armaments and warzone quest was another 2 bags plus i completed the weekly warzone quest in the first day which meant another 3... ALL UP thats 11 bags just after dinging 50 aswell as being able to buy 2 more champion bags after farming probably 20 warzones to get my 9 wins

Thats 195 Centurion commendations and 91 champion commendations, now if your complaining that its hard to get gear.

Edited by Zilrota
removed insulting

It is ridiculously easy to get full centurion gear now, i honestly dont get how people can complain now...

When i dinged 50 i had 1k merc / wz commendations saved and i had also bought a champ bag because i loved pvping so much while leveling (im not much of a quester and it made questing bearable) After dinging 50 i had 6 champion bags off the bat, daily armaments and warzone quest was another 2 bags plus i completed the weekly warzone quest in the first day which meant another 3... ALL UP thats 11 bags just after dinging 50 aswell as being able to buy 2 more champion bags after farming probably 20 warzones to get my 9 wins

Thats 195 Centurion commendations and 91 champion commendations, now if your complaining that its hard to get gear.

It's alright man, you just lack the ability to think critically beyond your own narrow preconceived ideas. As people are leveling up to 50 they could buy their blue entry PVP gear. They ding 50 they can put it on.

If you leveled up through PVP you are going to waste your warzone coms. There is only so much gear you can buy through warzone comms. Me personally, I had a full set of the blue PVP gear bought before I dinged 38 and had it banked. Everyone should be able to do that when they enter warzones.

Edited by Zilrota
edited quote. removed insult.