Yeah! I just made Legacy Level 8.

Sorwen

At least some get it. We are working for it. The thing is when you do work for it and you still can't get it what is the point. So I get new bugs, my character is harder to play, and I get to unlock things I can't buy. Can I have another patch! It would be like leveling to 50 and the whole time all you got was 3 attacks. Ding, level, Skill Tree point. No wait, nope sorry Skill Tree points costs 2,000,000. It may not be integral as skill tree point, but is is the same thing a carrot to keep playing. There is no carrot at the end of the stick unless you have millions of credits to spend which a lot don't. Basically all they are doing is hitting you with the stick. :p

Your fathers brothers daughter is your cousin. Or something like that.

So yes, you can add cousins.

But see my character doesn't have a father icon to place. So I figure he was all created by the force and stuff. Then when he goes all emo hot chicks drop everything and do naughty things to him. Its true! Because I saw it all in a movie. :p

Edited by Sorwen

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Player retention. There are those types of players that have to have everything.

With these costs so high, and the amount of time to obtain all of them, that means

more accruing subs from those players for BW.

Yes, I /facepalmed at the cost of these "rewards" after it was stated at the summit

that most players aren't wealthy.

Sad but true :(

Pretty big turn off for me. I dont have the patience to sit here all day grinding out dailies on all my alts...and with all of the bugs that have been coming up lately diablo 3 is looking more and more appealing everyday.

I just reached level 45 and couldn't care less about the stuff you can buy apart from the repair droid. The rest are completely and utterly worthless, the things you can buy with credits I mean.

Faster fleet pass? Yeah, I have a security key so completely worhtless.

Faster QT? Never in my time of playing have I ever had it on CD when I've needed it.

Rocket boots? Lol.

I bought the mailbox for fun, have used it maybe once.

The GTN? I have 1 50 on both sides sitting in the fleet when I need the GTN, the neutral AH is pointless now with cross-faction mailing.

I hope They make something actually require a decent level of Legacy but I predict we don't see legacy lvl40+ stuff until the 2nd or 3rd expansion.

Sad but true :(

Pretty big turn off for me. I dont have the patience to sit here all day grinding out dailies on all my alts...and with all of the bugs that have been coming up lately diablo 3 is looking more and more appealing everyday.

Grats OP!

Grinding dailies on alts is but a playstyle choice. I personally have no desire to max everything on every character as soon as I can. If it takes me a year to take full advantage of the Legacy unlocks ... cool. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

Edit: I guess I should give them props for making the game life like at least.

Just hit Legacy 8 as well and cant afford squat either

and you know what.....

I LOVE IT!

No joke, Finally we gamers have something to work towards. Something in the game that some will get and some will not, which makes it more meaningfull and more valuable.

With all the problems and screw up this game has, Legacy difficulty curve is one of the things they got right.

Will I ever be able to afford the stuff?

Who knows, Im doing 5 of the 6 crafts, so my money gets passed around from character to character.

But thats ok because finally in this game, there is something that makes characters different from each other!

I REALLY HOPE that in the future EAoware does focus on new levels like so many other games do in expansion and instead adds obtainable skills (per class, get a list of 10 skills that work for a sage and then you have to get like legacy lvl 20 and 5 million credits to unlock the skill) via the legacy system rather then just the in game level curve (thats to freaking easy and fast).

Sorry OP, Im in same boat as you but even though I cant afford anything at moment, I really like the difficulty curve they put in for the legacy system.

Every player shouldnt have cookie cutter identical characters and the legacy system successfully starts to make characters different with their own identities and characteristics.

The other thing a lot of people that have millions of credits gloss over is that quite a few don't craft. Yes some do, but a great many don't. Or they have had level 50s for quite a while so millions mean nothing to them. So yes you have millions and it means nothing to you to spend it. You don't craft so no having the amenities on your ship so you don't have to deal with the extra lag, more recently be griefed by the next wonderful idea(Rakghoul Plague), annoyed by people that like talk up in front of the bank and jump up and down, or whatever else people want to try and do to you. So yes it doesn't matter to you. For me I thought these were going to be Luxuries I would unlock. Not unlock for the chance to never purchase. Or only after I've grinded twice the number of credits because I do craft and don't have the time to do nothing but grind up more and more credits.

Every player shouldn't have cookie cutter identical characters and the legacy system successfully starts to make characters different with their own identities and characteristics.

No offense, but that is what the skill trees are supposed to do. However they've done a find job of messing that up too.

Edited by Sorwen

I will never understand why Bioware want to punish their players by having insane prices for the legacy unlocks.

Like it is not enough credit sinks in this game allready, it costs a small fortune changing gear in this game. And it makes no sense why it would cost so much, I mean I am taking out stuff from my own gear, I am not paying anyone to do it. I do it. At least give us a substantial discount for using the modding stations as they are pointless anyways.

I will never understand why Bioware want to punish their players by having insane prices for the legacy unlocks.

Like it is not enough credit sinks in this game allready, it costs a small fortune changing gear in this game. And it makes no sense why it would cost so much, I mean I am taking out stuff from my own gear, I am not paying anyone to do it. I do it. At least give us a substantial discount for using the modding stations as they are pointless anyways.

I agree with what someone else said it was supposed to be a lure to hopefully keep or get back some subs, an additional post 50 grind thing to do. However the price makes it nothing but a deterrent to those that spend their money on other things.

I agree with what someone else said it was supposed to be a lure to hopefully keep or get back some subs, an additional post 50 grind thing to do. However the price makes it nothing but a deterrent to those that spend their money on other things.

I would actually wager that the prices will go down substantially in the future. With all the abusing of poor design and insane amounts of money gained from slicing early on, people were sitting on mountains of credits and they needed a way for people to blow that mountain on fluff like we got with 1.2.

If you don't have the creds to spare, don't sweat it, nothing in there is really that great for anything and you only need 1 friend to have the repair droid to get the crafting parts, you can enter their ship and buy it from their droid.

Sometimes with my Vanguard tank i think taking the legacy of Carmine was chancing fate. Im typically a bullet magnet. Still takes so bloody long to reach the next legacy level. Only recently got the tech emotes that are kinda cool.

Still is cool to have a set of brothers made now but i doubt anytime soon ill have some of the exspensive stuff.

I would actually wager that the prices will go down substantially in the future. With all the abusing of poor design and insane amounts of money gained from slicing early on, people were sitting on mountains of credits and they needed a way for people to blow that mountain on fluff like we got with 1.2.

If you don't have the creds to spare, don't sweat it, nothing in there is really that great for anything and you only need 1 friend to have the repair droid to get the crafting parts, you can enter their ship and buy it from their droid.

Sadly I am that friend they would be looking toward and I can't afford it. All of us craft so we don't have the credits. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to afford a guild bank for us. Thankfully we really don't have a pressing need yet. Still it would be nice to craft things and just drop them in there so they could just pick them up whenever they needed them.

Edited by Sorwen

I'm only legacy level 2 on my jedi knight. strange part is I have legeacy buff unlock but i think i have to complete every companion conversation to be able to use on my empire player.

I don't see the logic in allowing ship specific perks cost so much when you will be grinding dailies so hard you may never see the ship again for weeks. I think legacy should have been designed to allow special abilitys unlocks based on lightside/darkside choices to be useable not just heroic moments. all the fluff for the ship stuff should be opened for you in chapter 2 would have made it worth it to be on the ship chilling.even if each were unlocked and cost 500k each it would have been a better route to go.

I also felt like many the cost should be looked at and sliced in half across the board. sure people pre-slicing nerf can afford the stuff. but the rest of us have to wrok arse off to get a million creds.

I love the game will contiue supporting them with my money. they need to sit down and work out how those on legacy level 3-7 a chance to actually be able to afford these perks.

The legacy prices are not insanely high. The point of legacy is to have something to work towards after level 50. If everything was easily obtainable then the whole point of the legacy system would be gone. I dont understand that people dont get this. Almost all the legacy stuff you have to pay for is not necessary to play the game in its entirety, they are just bonusses.

For me it is going to take quite a while to get all the legacy features which is how I want it to be and is......as it should be.

EDIT: I dont earn money with crafting...just saying.

Edited by Gokkus

Be careful when you reply to folks like this. They are pretty quick to report anything they don't like.

Just got a 1 point infraction or "Rudeness". LOL, okay.

Personally, I find people and their crying about imaginary problems in the game rude and disrespectful. Maybe I should start reporting things.

Edited by islander

And unlocked the ability to be unable to buy something for 2 million. Its awesome. My families legacy is about being crafters that are broke and I get to feel it at every level. I can't wait till they unlock more things I can't purchase.

Edit: I guess I should give them props for making the game life like at least.

Legacy is sort of like Inheriting a house from your dead relative .... with a $2,000,000 tax lien on it.

My issue with the prices is that often the cost does not justify the reward...

600k credits to reduce my quicktravel by 6 minutes?? How did that get approved as reasonable?

My favorite lol is still the fleet pass time reduction.

My issue with the prices is that often the cost does not justify the reward...

600k credits to reduce my quicktravel by 6 minutes?? How did that get approved as reasonable?

3 days of 20 minute (1-1.5 hour total max) dailes on 1 character to reduce the QT time by 20% for all characters. How is that not reasonable?

Edited by Gokkus

3 days of 20 minute (1-1.5 hour total max) dailes on 1 character to reduce the QT time by 20% for all characters. How is that not reasonable?

Yes, but for many it doesn't work that way and may not for quite awhile. For other things it will be well past the time you unlock it that you will even have the money to get it.

It is great it works that easy for you. It took me 3 hours last night to make 70K.

Edited by Sorwen

Quote: Originally Posted by Torcer

Legacy is sort of like Inheriting a house from your dead relative .... with a $2,000,000 tax lien on it.

OH and dont forget,you can only use the features in the house under certain circumstances.not whenever you want

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Maybe you should make your legacy about crafters that are filthy rich? It's working pretty well for me atm. And I'm not even an adventuring type who can RE and sell black hole/campaign stuff.

I realize he's not a native English speaker, but I don't care what language you speak it's clear he's saying 2 different things in the same breath. The man should be a lawyer. Maybe he can help us understand what the definition of "is" is...

Sounds like you are the one who doesn't understand English? No conflict between the two statements whatsoever. Here's a hint. Legacy Level isn't an unlock condition. For ANYTHING. It isn't one of the examples he gives for unlocking stuff. He only ever says it's used as a gate for the BUY stuff with credits alternative.

And that's exactly what we got. They never EVER said legacy *or* credits. They always said (unlock condition), *or* (legacy *and* credits). Only possible confusion is if you *assumed* the unlock condition was legacy level, which was NEVER (to my knowledge) cited as an unlock condition. The "unlock" conditions are "lvl 50 of x species", "Lvl 50 of x class", "valor lvl x", "social lvl x", "complete chapter x", etc.

(Note: I'm not arguing the prices are out of whack... especially the GTN access... 'course, the only stuff I've purchased was the repair droid unlock, a single race unlock, and the rocket boots. Nothing else of the buyable unlockables really piques my interest. Also to note: I have never done a single daily more than once, other than space ones before I noticed myself getting terribly overleveled for the actualy content in the lvl 30 range. I haven't even *been* to Ilum.)

P.S. Honestly the fleet travel improved cooldowns is just... silly. Unless you spend WAY too much time playing this game, any cooldown > 4 hours or so = once per day. They should have made the unlock a bit more expensive, and had it give you a second fleet pass ability with it's own cooldown, so you could use it twice per session.

And that's exactly what we got. They never EVER said legacy *or* credits. They always said (unlock condition), *or* (legacy *and* credits). Only possible confusion is if you *assumed* the unlock condition was legacy level, which was NEVER (to my knowledge) cited as an unlock condition.

Rocket Boost is locked until you reach Legacy Level 8, and then it becomes unlocked for you to purchase. By any definition I can imagine, the Legacy level is an unlock condition in this case. They even use a little padlock icon to signify that the thing is locked until you reach that Legacy level. Nobody is making an assumption because Bioware made it perfectly clear that the Legacy level is an unlock condition for those perks.

Even if they can say that Legacy level is not "technically" an unlock condition, then the problem is that the unlock condition is simply missing from most of the Legacy perks.

Edited by Arodin

add up all the money you have earned in the past 4 months of playing. the game has been out for a little more than 1/3 of a year.

you arent supposed to be able to afford everything within a few months of release. these are achievements that should take more than a year to unlock.

people forget that mmos are designed to be played over years not months