Level 50 Chaos and Harmony Quest Help

Mentocc

*Spoilers ahead*

I'm completely stuck on this quest. I must kill my former Master Syo Bakarn. He has 64,870 hp. My balance specced shadow has 12,620 currently. I've tried just about every tactic on him, and used every single cooldown I have. The lowest I've been able to get him down to is about 40%. Has anyone else completed this? Is there some trick or tactic I've completely missed? I've had absolutely no trouble with any other mob in the game up to this point either, and am just completely stumped here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm 100% sure that a tank specced shadow with the healer companion could do it very easily back when i had to kill him i didn't feel like respeccing so I did as infiltration. I also only played with Qyzen, so beating him felt kinda impossible so I used a little trick.

Basically what I did is I went all out of him, the companion died pretty fast into the fight, around 60-65%. After that I moved towards the entrance of the cave and basically just line of sighted his spells while throwing project and force breach at him, keeping him slowed with force slow 100% time. When he finally decides to come after you near the entrance you just force sprint away from him while staying near the wall, where there's other los possibilities. I kept doing this for a few minutes, only going toe to toe with him when force stun was up. That was it, pretty cheesy but I just didn't feel like going all the way back to the republic fleet to respec (also gearing up tharan cedrax is a good idea as Qyzen dies way too fast).

Have had the same issue. No problem with any other elite in the game, but he utterly wrecks me. Balance using qyzen - I've basically just tried to pour on the dps and interrupt his project and cavern abilities - but his dps is so high that qyzen dies really quickly regardless of what I do - and when he is just focusing on me I can't survive long enough to get through his healing cycles. I was 48 when I tried this so a bit underleveled - but the lowest I could get him was about 40-50% hp remaining. (Qyzen's gear is all up to date except the implants/earring slots)

I just did it last night, second try. I am a Shadow, Infiltration spec.

First try I used Lt. Iresso, he died around 65% as mentioned, had to vanish. Figured it was nearly impossible with a tank companion, as they just can't survive long enough to be useful.

So I popped out Tharan, and it worked really well. The boss could barely get a cast off between the Holiday disorient, Low Slash, Mind Snap, and regular stuns. When I needed a full heal I would low slash and stop attacking, and I conserved my stun for chaining a long period for the boss to be CC'd. This worked quite smoothly, as much of the damage is from the casts and not from his melee.

As a sage, I imagine it would be much harder, but I'm fairly certain this is intended to be a long, arduous fight, and you might do better (even if Tele or Balance spec) to just all-out heal a DPS companion, or do something similar with Tharan.

Don't forget Unity / Channel the Force!

I'm having something very odd happen in this fight. About 60 seconds into the fight, he force lifts us, heals us a little, gets blasted back then brings the ceiling down on us for an insta-death. I can't seem to find a way to avoid this unless is has something to do with keeping him away from you? Would love some insight on this!

I did it today with Telekinesis/Balance with around those same 12,000 health, level 49. It took four deaths with each going a little closer until the fifth one brought him down clean after repairing. Iresso was my companion and I used him in his damage mode instead of guard; I suspect that was a bigger factor here. Weaken Mind and Mind Crush on Syo, and then I went close to him so I could use Force Wave as an extra interrupt. He didn't seem to do really anything at me, so being nearby wasn't a concern.

He was throwing a lot of Force abilities, so interrupting them seemed the way to go. He spammed a lot of Disturbance, but since I was still a bit unsure about everything else he was using, I didn't try to take all of his Disturbances away, just one or two from that spamming chain that he did to reduce the overall damage. Force Wave, Mind Snap and Force Stun were a pretty good arsenal for that job and often enough available.

The most important thing to interrupt was him trying to bring down the cave on my head. It didn't always show me the casting bar, but when the cavern starts shaking, that's when he is trying to kill you in one shot.

I basically kept rotating 1x of each, Disturbance, Project and Telekinetic Throw, with Weaken Mind and Mind Crush renewed when they ran out. With Concentration and Psychic Barrier chosen on my skill tree, I seemed to have no real problems with running out of Force power.

Absorb on Iresso every time it was available and heal way early to catch the damage instead of letting it pile up. I used Force Potency for critical heals. Channel the Force allows using Force Stun again and heals you some. Unity went up when it looked worryingly like I started losing my companion, so that helped bring him back up again. I had Medpacs ready in case Iresso died, but it turns out that wasn't necessary after all.

Hopefully there is something of use there, though some were already saying much of the same things.

Finally; ten attempts. I used nadia and I'm seer specced. The goal is to use what Riandora said; near the entrance there's a LOS barrier. If you're lucky, this will buy you a few seconds. Force wave can be used to interrupt. After I learned this trick and stopped his spells; the fight was moderately challenging. Don't give up.

Seer spec and I used Nadia.

I fought him in the corner far from the opening so those two extra guys didnt get involved. I just made sure Nadia didnt die and spammed Telekentic Throw and used Mind Snap on his Cavern ability, may take a while but just make sure he doesnt get Cavern off.

Seer spec with Nadia, Trick was to keep agro on me, i could easily out heal his damage and interrupt always so that you have 1 interrupt up for the cave thingy.

Nadia didnt take anydamage and dished out tons and i used WM & Mind crush.

This fight was incredibly difficult, took me about 4 attempts to get as an infiltration shadow.

The way I completed this was to stagger my interrupts (mind snap/low slash/force stun) and fight with my back to a wall. Make sure to activate Channel the Force AFTER he does the lift/heal thing to you, make sure to use resilience to avoid project storm(incidentally, I want this spell!!!). I saved force of will for when i got rooted away from him without force stun up.

Some other things that might help people. Do not interrupt the cave in spell until the last possible second. It does no damage until it casts(and then you die) but you can use the 10 second cast time to drop him down and allow your other interrupts to come off cooldown.

If you get knocked back towards the door and him hardcasting you from 30 yards away, you can line of sight him behind the rocks near the door, then sprint back to him as soon as he cancels his cast to interrupt the next one.

That said, it was a really enjoyable fight, and a LOT harder than the Jedi Knight one(watched a friend do the final fight for that a few hours later....looks SO easy compared to ours :( )

I did it first time as Infiltration spec with Theran Cedrax. It was actually very simple: Interupt Project storm, Low slash on other appropriate casting bits, and force stun when he brings ceiling down. The summon Holiday stun is very handy if you're low on health. I spent the whole fight running in a circle using clairvoyant stike, project and breach inbteween stuns.

I'm finding this impossible. I'm a 49 Seer, Balance specced, using Nadia. Got around 13k health. If i interrupt his spam i then dont have it ready for the project storm. So i tried using the LoS but when i do that it bugs and he gets tuck out of my LoS no matter where i stand, yet i'm still in his. It's getting really frustrating on about my tenth try now. I try using other companions but the tank ones die way too fast, even with healing, and everyone else is undergeared.

I died about 6 times as a shadow infiltration spec using Iresso came to this thread geared up Tharan in the AH (never used before) and beat him my first try. So any infiltration specs having trouble should definately try Tharan.

Thanks for the tip

This is some random commentary on the state of companions as they apply to "difficult" fights, not something that directly corresponds to the OPs original statements, so I apologize for any derailing that might occur.

In playing my other characters (a heal Commando and dps Guardian), I've noticed that, honestly, there isn't any appreciable reason to use the tank companions for anything harder than the most elementary fights. The reason for it is pretty simple, when you think about it: they're not appreciably tougher than any other companion. Their "tank stances" don't appreciably decrease their incoming damage: the only benefit they confer is an increase to shield chance, contrasted with the massive increase in armor and secondary survivability functionality that goes along with additional shield chance for all of the player tank stances.

In essence, the "tank" companions aren't tanks: they're DPS that can generate marginally better threat. Companions are *already* crippled by a simple lack of abilities and less *effective* abilities, but, at the very least, their stances tend to offset that lack to some extent (imagine if the player heal stances did what Med Watch does?). The fact that Tank companions are, almost by *design* incapable of actually *tanking*, makes them largely worthless for anything beyond a fight where bringing a DPS companions would simply be more useful (since the DPS companion will deal substantially more damage while being just as squishy and oftentimes just as good at getting aggro thanks to better/faster AoEs and attacks), especially since the DPS companions have survivability CDs that functionally identical to the survivablity CDs of the tanks.

At a minimum, I would hope that the developers could be swayed to provide a passive damage reduction buff to companions to offset the fact that they are *already* inferior to player tanks by virtue of fewer skills, worse AI, and a lack of talents. I'd be happy even if it were as simple as a 30% increase to armor or a 10% damage reduction buff applied to their tanking stances. At a minimum, you'd at least be able to see an appreciable differences between the stances when they're active (since, at the moment, the only noticeable difference in play I've noticed between tank and DPS stances is that, with the tank stance, they'll pull threat off of me only *slightly* more often).

since you are shadow go watch this
for those of you who haven't done this quest its a major spoiler so if you don't want your game ruin please do not watch this. thank. i found this and it not my character just incase you are wondering. Edited by Alikain

Had a hard time with this one to be honest. Seer Specced fully at lvl 49, used Nadia but she died just after he used the lift on us for first time, i was spam healing her but she just dropped, fight took me ages as only thing i was doing was interrupting his big spells when i could (cavern obviously) and keeping the dot on him and using the throw rock at him in between heals which mainly was the channel one to refresh my force. since was only using 2 dps skills on him took ages but finally did it after like try 4 :)

Did it in second try. I am seer specced.

I had Tharan with me. First time the 2 adds spawned. I died. But I revived inside the cave itself and went to the very back (far away from adds). Now All I did was to stand with my back towards cave wall and spam damage spells (project, Telekinetic throw, mind crush etc.). I interrupted only the 'bring down the cave' spells. Tharan, my occasional heals plus 1 medpack were able to keep me alive. The fight was very easy with this strategy.

Once Syo was down, I killed the adds.

• 2 weeks later...
50 Seer just finished this mission. Got completely wrecked using Qyzen. Went to Theran as suggested and completed it without that much trouble (once I went and spent a pretty penny upgrading Theran). His stuns make it a ton easier as other suggested. Didn't try Irezzo, Nadia, or Zenith.

Great,

this is the last quest I need to finish my goal of having 4 Level 50 chars of different classes and by far, this is the hardest and bugged fight.

First Fight:

Getting him to the entrance bugged him out completely for me. I couldn't attack with ranged or close combat even tho' he appeared in front of me he was LoS for ME all the fight.

So I tried a second time, middle of the room, no chance with Qyzen.

Second Fight:

So now I either buy equipment for Theran or wait for a Level 50 to help me.

THis is even more bogus than the Sentinel fight.

Third Fight:

He bugged out in the middle of the room and was completely LoS for ME

Edited by JackSmoke

@JackSmoke

Great,

this is the last quest I need to finish my goal of having 4 Level 50 chars of different classes and by far, this is the hardest and bugged fight.

First Fight:

Getting him to the entrance bugged him out completely for me. I couldn't attack with ranged or close combat even tho' he appeared in front of me he was LoS for ME all the fight.

So I tried a second time, middle of the room, no chance with Qyzen.

This happens if you are too close to a wall or obstacles, targetting will just cancel out.

You don't have to fight near the entrance.

Second Fight:

So now I either buy equipment for Theran or wait for a Level 50 to help me.

THis is even more bogus than the Sentinel fight.

I don't see the problem here. You don't even have to upgrade Theran to make use of his interrupts. If you think it would matter, you should have no problem upgrading him since you are high lvl making credits left to right or just use your redundant commendations.

I am very sure you can find a cheap armor on the galactic market.

Many did this instance alone with their comps and if you do need a hand just join a big guild.

Third Fight:

He bugged out in the middle of the room and was completely LoS for ME

Yeah this happened to me once too in my several attempts, just get back out there and show him who's boss :) GL in your attempts!