Colonel Hareth on Belsavis...[spoilers]

Odosept

What's the deal? She's only like a level 41 with 21000 health, only gold elite and it's like 90% of my moves are absorbed? I last a while fighting her, but it takes too long I have been dying. If I don't use doc, I die quicker, but he doesn't really contribute to the fight. And she has "reinforcements" that show up every so often. Any method of killing her faster?

Even 'Reposte' which is supposed to not be missed, parried, or dodged won't hit her, lol.

Edited by Odosept

Why do you have to be specific ? Why can't understand not everybody is doing the exact same thing you're doing, at the same time ? Why do you assume nobody cares about the "surprise" aspect, and does not wish to know who the next opponent is going to be ?

I AM SICK OF YOU PEOPLE ! I'm level 40 and I can list all the future enemies I will have till 50 , even the last one, thanks to people like that :/ .

Is it too hard to ask for a proper title ? So you don't force people who didn't want to know to read your ******** ?

Is "Level 41 - Belsavis - Trouble against Elite/Boss/Story Boss" too hard ? Really ?

What you need to do is kill the reinforcements as soon as they show up and have Doc out. Because the reinforcements will kill doc and you might as well kill the reinforcements because the "absorb" thingy goes away after awhile (like as soon as you kill the reinforcements)

It should be noted however that the buff she receives at 30% can bug out. I've had her shield drop after a couple add phases, myself at full health and not lagging. Then out of nowhere death screen pops before my body is even on the ground. Have seen her kill a 50 with it....reported it but ticket was closed with no response so yeaa....typical.

Why do you have to be specific ? Why can't understand not everybody is doing the exact same thing you're doing, at the same time ? Why do you assume nobody cares about the "surprise" aspect, and does not wish to know who the next opponent is going to be ?

I AM SICK OF YOU PEOPLE ! I'm level 40 and I can list all the future enemies I will have till 50 , even the last one, thanks to people like that :/ .

Is it too hard to ask for a proper title ? So you don't force people who didn't want to know to read your ******** ?

Is "Level 41 - Belsavis - Trouble against Elite/Boss/Story Boss" too hard ? Really ?

Strayth whines too much, and if he reads this he is a hypocrite.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Went in once with Doc and died a glorious death, it was too much running back and forth getting the adds and then running back to her, all while keeping mobs of Doc. 2:nd time around I came back with T7 and it worked like a charm. It's nice to have a friend with you who has a bit of range when the adds are a bit away from the main boss.

• 4 weeks later...
i just read all your the advice. i went in with kira the first time and got slaughtered. after reading this i made sure i switched straight to the reinforcements whenever they arrived, and interrupted her big attacks, piece of cake 2nd time round :D barely even a scratch

AMAZING! I gave up on the boss a couple of months ago after 30+ attempts, and made an agent. Went back today for another shot, and my 6th try I realised I had not used doc yet... Used doc, won first try, and still have 90% of my health bar still in tact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

EDIT:

The 30+ tries were all with scourge, the other tries that failed were with kira, and rusk, so USE DOC

Edited by Flamingewok

It's amazing reading this as my experience has been different. I've probably had between 20 to 30 goes at this and found T7 died in seconds. So I gave up on him. Most of my attempts have been with Doc and my problem has been that it is difficult for me to move around quick enough while I'm constantly being shot at so they haven't been succesful either. I had about five goes last night with Kira and they have been the best yet. I got as far as the third wave of adds before dying.

I'll try once again with Kira and see how I go. If I don't get there tonight I'm off to the next planet to level up more and come back and do it later

Edited by coille

What you need to do is kill the reinforcements as soon as they show up and have Doc out. Because the reinforcements will kill doc and you might as well kill the reinforcements because the "absorb" thingy goes away after awhile (like as soon as you kill the reinforcements)

I just beat her today after 20ish tries using this strategy. I didn't use any interrupts, but I used force leap/taunts as often as possible to close the distance between the colonel and the adds, also popped an endurance stim before engaging her. Doc, for me, was a must on this one.

dude you really that mad?.... The Title had the Word "SPOILER" IN IT... It said nothing about it being a companion, boss, npc, ally, enemy, anything, other then a name and location.... the story/connection to the character was not in the title unless you open the thread.

having said that, I only gave this boss two attempts before having to log off... This has been the hardest boss fight for me so far(Valis took a few tries but I chalk that up to learning experience), mostly because I've done a good job interrupting her, and Kira has been doing ok taking out the first two rounds of her back up... but somehow its just not enough... I feel like had i known she got more back up then the first round and saved my cool downs and heals until a little later... OR had focused more on the reinforcements it would have went differently... I've One Shoted Every Boss since Valis So I was a little surprised at the difficulty on the FIRST boss of the Class quest line on the planet...

Having said that, I like taking Kira Into fights so I may give it one more shot with her, especially since shes my best geared Companion and I think I've got a good plan for my next attempt... If i can't get it one by then I may let Doc take a shot at it(he has some gear but not as much)

• 1 month later...

Use doc

attack her till 3 normals come out, kill them

do not use defensive cooldowns till round 2 starts

attack her till 3 more normals come, kill them, use the defensive cooldowns but save one

attack her till round 3 comes, kill them.

then use everything you have to kill her.

took me 4 tries cuz i couldnt figure out what to do till the 3rd try, and I didnt expect a hard boss right there.

edit: make sure to interrupt her whenever possible etc..

Edited by Smuglebunny

Finally got her beat! :D took some doing though!!

It took doing for me, too.

The trick was monitoring Doc in the minmap, to see when he was getting swarmed.

Even with the serious leveling-up I had done before facing her the last time, it was still a skin-of-the-teeth win, and it sure felt good.

• 1 month later...

In your f***ing face Hareth!

FINALLY beat her last night after bloody WEEKS of trying, giving up and doing missions elsewhere, levelling up, coming back, getting beat again, repeat, repeat, repeat. :mad:

It got to the point where I'd ran out of missions (you can only really go to Voss after Belsavis and Id done all of those) so it looked like I was about to be stuck but finally prevailed.

Strangely enough, had quite a lot of HP on both me and Kira on my winning run - found the trick was to run to Hareth and save Force Leap so I could quickly engage her back up groups before Kira jumped in and got flooded keeping her alive.

In your face Hareth.

lol :)

Just to add a different method to the ones that have been mentioned above, this is doable with Scourge at level 41. I died the first time through only because I completely missed the adds spawning, kept wondering why Scourge was force leaping (or whatever his charge is called) away from the boss. Still almost killed her. Second time through we cleared through the mobs each time really quickly and then right back to the boss.

Not too much to ask, but by the same token, the name means nothing with out context. Or... did you know who that is by name? You are aware that you will face bosses of all types and ranks right? It's not a mystery that needs to be hidden from you or anyone else that bosses have names.

FINALLY beat her last night after bloody WEEKS of trying, giving up and doing missions elsewhere, levelling up, coming back, getting beat again, repeat, repeat, repeat. :mad:

It got to the point where I'd ran out of missions (you can only really go to Voss after Belsavis and Id done all of those) so it looked like I was about to be stuck but finally prevailed.

Strangely enough, had quite a lot of HP on both me and Kira on my winning run - found the trick was to run to Hareth and save Force Leap so I could quickly engage her back up groups before Kira jumped in and got flooded keeping her alive.

In your face Hareth.

Nice! I felt the same way about the Harrows right after Chapter 1. In fact, I have faced them again while helping guildies out. Love crushing them to no end.

I used Scourge on Hareth btw. He was great pulling aggro on the adds.

Edited by Rafaman

In your face Hareth.

I was in the same position. I was level 48 by the time I beat her and that was using a medpac and call on the force. Having finished all my quests I can now say that this was the single hardest battle of the entire game.