[SPOILER] The Emperor's Affiliation

ConCube

"There is no death. There is only the Force - And I am it's Master."

Kinda says it all, don't you think?

He's beyond Sith and Jedi, beyond Dark and Light. Tol Braga called him "a Void". He's the only thing that matters, as far as he is concerned. Everything else is just a tool to serve his own goal to essentially become God.

Besides, one interesting comment he makes to the Jedi Knight is that he wants to "enjoy peace" once the Galaxy has been wiped clean. And I doubt that a Sith would want to have anything they do end in peace.

"There is no death. There is only the Force - And I am it's Master."

Kinda says it all, don't you think?

He's beyond Sith and Jedi, beyond Dark and Light. Tol Braga called him "a Void". He's the only thing that matters, as far as he is concerned. Everything else is just a tool to serve his own goal to essentially become God.

Besides, one interesting comment he makes to the Jedi Knight is that he wants to "enjoy peace" once the Galaxy has been wiped clean. And I doubt that a Sith would want to have anything they do end in peace.

Case in point indeed. Also...

When the Emperor's Wrath "releases" the Voice of the Emperor back on Voss, he also says that once he ascends, all will become tranquil in the galaxy and that's a promise he does to his Wrath.

I actually loved this wordplay when I first saw it, since even though he fails to mention the means, the end result is exactly that.

Tranquil? Dragon Age.

Ascend? Mass Effect.

Oh Bioware, always telling the same story, in many different ways. I love how so many of the class stories contained forms of 'mind control' too, beyond what most Star Wars stories would do.

Tranquil? Dragon Age.

Ascend? Mass Effect.

Oh Bioware, always telling the same story, in many different ways. I love how so many of the class stories contained forms of 'mind control' too, beyond what most Star Wars stories would do.

Nah, there's nothing tranquil about the Sith Emperor. He's a super DARK death-fearing sociopath.

And ME didn't have Ascension, the Reapers Assimilated individuals to create a collective.

The mind control criticism isn't entirely correct or incorrect since SW has mind control. However, I found that the Star Cabal in the IA storyline didn't seem very Star Wars-esque at all. I might be one of the few people who disliked the Star Cabal - it just didn't feel like Star Wars.

Tranquil? Dragon Age.

Ascend? Mass Effect.

Oh no... Bioware used two words within the English language that have appeared in previous games but are used in a different context here... Say it ain't so... :rolleyes:

Nah, there's nothing tranquil about the Sith Emperor. He's a super DARK death-fearing sociopath.

And ME didn't have Ascension, the Reapers Assimilated individuals to create a collective.

The mind control criticism isn't entirely correct or incorrect since SW has mind control. However, I found that the Star Cabal in the IA storyline didn't seem very Star Wars-esque at all. I might be one of the few people who disliked the Star Cabal - it just didn't feel like Star Wars.

Seems you don't know your Bioware history.

Tranquility is a BAD thing in Dragon Age.

Harbinger in ME2 declares ASCENSION as his goal for Shepard or Humanity.

KOTOR had mind control, yep. So does Dragon Age with Fade Demon possession/blood magic, and Mass Effect with Indoctrination. All of these are central plot devices.

There are VERY common themes in every Bioware game, going as far back as Baldur's Gate.

Oh no... Bioware used two words within the English language that have appeared in previous games but are used in a different context here... Say it ain't so... :rolleyes:

Different context?

Tranquil = Neutered. Emperor wants a weakened galaxy, where all serve him.

Ascension = Common plot device in Bioware. From the Golden City in Dragon Age, to entering a new synthetic existence 'you cannot even imagine' in Mass Effect.

Bioware uses words and turns them around. When you hear a character use nice words like 'peace' and 'help' and 'beauty', it's often that there's a secret behind it. When you hear a character use the words 'evil', 'exiled', or 'enemy', it's often that there is a turnaround with how you regard it.

Not always, but it is a trend with their writing.

Different context?

Tranquil = Neutered. Emperor wants a weakened galaxy, where all serve him.

Ascension = Common plot device in Bioware. From the Golden City in Dragon Age, to entering a new synthetic existence 'you cannot even imagine' in Mass Effect.

Bioware uses words and turns them around. When you hear a character use nice words like 'peace' and 'help' and 'beauty', it's often that there's a secret behind it. When you hear a character use the words 'evil', 'exiled', or 'enemy', it's often that there is a turnaround with how you regard it.

Not always, but it is a trend with their writing.

Well in regards to tranquil - he wants to kill everyone in this galaxy and then go to another galaxy to rule that. one.

• 2 weeks later...
Nah, his very words to the Jedi Knight in the story contradict that. He doesn't give two craps about being considered a God. He doesn't care at all about creatures that are not himself. And they are all disposeable, and replaceable not by his own creations, but rather by other people in other places until all life is snuffed out.

Vitiate is definitley a Sith. You have to have so much hate in you to want to literally kill everything in the galaxy.

Most Sith are concerned with power and ruling over others though, but my theory is that Vitiate took many psychedelic drugs like LSD, DMT, and shrooms.

He eventually completely separated from his ego and experienced ego death. He proceeded to not give a single poop about anything or what anyone thought of him because he doesn't even consider himself a person. He has no ego.

What happens when a powerful Sith Lord has no ego?

Edited by Jemfisto

Vitiate is definitley a Sith. You have to have so much hate in you to want to literally kill everything in the galaxy.

Most Sith are concerned with power and ruling over others though, but my theory is that Vitiate took many psychedelic drugs like LSD, DMT, and shrooms.

He eventually completely separated from his ego and experienced ego death. He proceeded to not give a single poop about anything or what anyone thought of him because he doesn't even consider himself a person. He has no ego.

What happens when a powerful Sith Lord has no ego?

Saw Revolver lately much?