thanks for *********** up this game in pvp

Loracks

I’ve noticed this as well and I’m honestly baffled as to what’s changed. I mean, there were always individuals who would ignore objectives and farm numbers, and even premades who would do the same. But since 6.0 I’ve seen a LOT more of it, and I’ve seen some truly ridiculous matches where basically everyone on both sides are completely ignoring objectives. What’s changed? Honest question here. What OP is describing is definitely real, just don't know what about 6.0 has made it so much more prevalent.

New expac patch even more casuals than usual coming back and there are benefits to farming conq on all the chars you have time for even if you're not great on them.

Apart from that, people have complained about others ignoring objectives for the last 8 years so nothing new.

people dont even try to win anymore, everyone these days just settle in for the dps circle jerk and dont even bother trying to win.

Been like that for 12 months and longer (just not as bad) and it’s getting worse every day. There is zero skill involved. Any person who knows how to dummy parse properly can do it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’ve noticed this as well and I’m honestly baffled as to what’s changed. I mean, there were always individuals who would ignore objectives and farm numbers, and even premades who would do the same. But since 6.0 I’ve seen a LOT more of it, and I’ve seen some truly ridiculous matches where basically everyone on both sides are completely ignoring objectives. What’s changed? Honest question here. What OP is describing is definitely real, just don't know what about 6.0 has made it so much more prevalent.

To answer the question, it's because PVP is a joke, yet the rewards (via the weekly conquest box if nothing else) tend to be worth putting a couple of hours into it. I freely admit I don't even really try in PVP, because at the end of the day there is no real point to it. The rewards are trivial win or lose for the most part, and they make it so medals/achievements beyond 8 don't matter, and it's typically easiest to just get a handful of them and let the BG finish.

The way things are set now to PVP you need to play as a very specific types of characters, select the right perks (or whatever they call them) and of course if you primarily PVE that can mean respeccing if you want to do it "right" so it's usually not worth it since it's a headache. To make things worse even if the entire group is not pre-made, the opposing team just having a few people who queued together and work together minimally and say use voice chat can make a huge difference. While there are exceptions usually the way a BG starts out is the way it finishes, if inside the first two minutes your team isn't winning, chances are your not going to win anyway due to the people coordinating on the other side (as a solo PVPer I am not coordinating with anyone by definition), so you might as well not delay the process so you can get on to your next one to get your 20 done for the week.

The way I see it is I'm typically with an uncoordinate PUG swarm, usually involving at least one jerk who exists just to point out that we are uncoordinated and suck, even if he's the same way himself, just to add more misery to the entire experience. Sure sometimes I get lucky and I'm on a team where we have some coordinated people and it's at least interesting (in such cases I try and help) but mostly that's not the case, and other so far as it amuses me I see no point in "feeding" the other team unless I'm goofing off by even trying seriously. If I can stealth it's usually less of a headache to just collect a few metals and guard some conquest objective and laugh about how horribly we're getting decimated, while inevitably the peanut gallery provides constanty commentary about how we're all awful people for not uninstalling the game (seriously these guys who are almost always there do a lot to motivate me to run right out there and die for them....).

See, to fix the basic problems with PVP to the point where I might "tryhard" more would involve a game rehaul on a level that just isn't going to happen... and let's be honest, nobody cares what I think anyway, so I'm shocked I'm even writing this. I'm just providing some insights from someone who is very much "That guy" your talking about. I mean if your asking these questions your probably a fairly "serious" PVPer (or think you are), and really with the way your build, and the people your teamed with, why should I, an unoptimized scrub, who just wants my loot box when you get down to it... typically playing a PVE spec, with all the wrong traits selected because I don't want to respecialize to switch back and forth (SWTOR could fix this part at least easily by letting you save multiple builds and toggle between then so everyone can have a PVP and PVE build at least).

Plus let's be honest, it's not like there is even much excitement in this really, it's basically a game of stunlocking people and unleashing massive burst damage. There is little in the way of actual strategy or varied tactics, wildly different types of characters are not viable in SWTOR PVP, and indeed not using the "right" builds will get you griped at. Typically when I "fight" it lasts long enough to get a few attacks off, before being chain stunned, and focused down, oftentimes by 2-3 people who are probably at least talking on voice chat, or have worked together before. In many matches I run into the same guys on the other side again, and again, and again, while I'm of course with a new herd of sheep each time..... I don't like PVP in this game enough to want to seriously join a PVP Fleet or anything that could put me on a team myself potentially.... so again, explain to me why I should remotely care at this point?

Strictly speaking I think we need a "slacker button" you know where the Puggers can have a team vote to say end a Hutball match as soon as the other team scores and not waste 15 minutes on the inevitable. this would be hilarious and perfectly fitting the joke PVP already is. This way we can just save time, collect our reward, and move on to our next match to get our 20 done.... why bother with the pretensions, it's not like we don't know who is going to win within like the first 90 seconds of most matches (there are exceptions, but they are just that.... exceptions).

... and let's be honest about one final thing, SWTOR is undergoing a resurgence of interest, but it isn't what it used to be. Even at it's height PVP was a complete joke due to poor design and balance, and the simple fact that like most MMOs they would not segregate queues to keep the PUGs in a seperate league from the coordinated groups (either large PVP raids, or smaller teams of partner who queued together. Today the player base couldn't handle such a segregation (especially if it goes down again) and still have PVP matches happening as there wouldn't enough people in all likelyhood.... and it's not like EA/Bioware is going to code bots to pick up the slack. See when it's largely a PUG vs. a PUG it can be fun for me, or when both sides have roughly the same number of coordinated people.

I suppose given my attitude if I stuck with it I'd be victimized by it, but I also think we need an anti-MVP button. Basically I get sick of the "that guy" (which I mentioned) you know, the one that does little besides run around the whole BG telling everyone else how bad we all are despite in most cases not doing any better themselves. I think we need a way of showing him all our appreciation by giving him downvotes which can add an increasing "ban" preventing him from re-queuing based on how many they get. So say of 5 or 6 people anti-MVP that guy for being a loudmouth jerk be might have to say spend an hour before he can do PVP again and mouth off to more people. I suppose in theory it could be used to harass people that are just bad (and probably would be, I mean bad players can still have fun, and it's not always their fault) but if used as intended it would potentially shut down one of the most annoying and demotivational things about PVP.... I mean yes, okay... we keep running to the objective and dying and the enemy team isn't any larger or anything, they are just build better and/or more coordinated. Things won't change without the match, we don't need the freaking peanut gallery on top of that.

The problem is as before, via PVP you gain stuff you are interested in, like conquest, fragments etc. Its the same with GSF, it rewards good fragments so people play it but dont really try, they come for the fragmetns. People arent really interested in the game mode but in what comes from it.

I'm answering this question from the perspective of someone who number/kill farms when playing unranked warzones rather than play objectively.

As a 5.0 baby, I've probably played over 3,000 unranked warzones and over 1,000 ranked matches. With said experience and time invested has developed a sort-of....jaded view of objective-based gameplay. I no longer care about scoring a huttball, stalling/securing a point...placing a powerup on a control point in Odessen. A lot of that is based on the fact that to accomplish all of what I just listed.....you don't have to fight. I've had Odessens where I did 0 damage, 0 heals, 0 protection, never engaged in combat....but because I kept placing powerups at points, we won. A lot of times, guarding a point is just me waiting anxiously for anyone on the other team to visit so that I can do....something. For some that's engaging gameplay, but for others, it's not.

Based on my conversation with a lot of PVPers, this point of view is shared. It's more fun to fight than it is to play objectively. Not to mention that solo ranked and group ranked only use arena maps, where the objective is to kill the other team. So if you want to become a better solo ranked player, but the queue won't pop, or so infrequently to the point where just queueing is a dull affair....when you queue unranked warzones, you do what...you do the thing that would get you W's in ranked....kill things.*

Unfortunately for those who do want to play objectives in unranked warzones, the perspective I'm showcasing....is contagious. If your team doesn't play objectives and you're the only one trying.....it's an incredibly frustrating affair because you're pretty much going to get killed every time you get the huttball or go off-node, or won't be able to burst down that tank with the huttball. So you have one of two choices....leave, or just deathmatch with the rest of the team. The former may sound credible, but you forfeit the match count for the daily/weekly.

Even more unfortunate, is that there really is no penalty for losing an unranked warzone aside from taking a little longer to do the dailies/weeklies. Sure you're going to be missing out in gear-boxes, but the drops aren't particularly impressive, especially once you get item rating 306.

I don't want people to engage in a debate with me regarding whether this 'jaded' point of view is right or not.....because it's....just how myself and many feel. I'm just providing perspective.

IMO, the solution to this issue lies in the past, and because of the player-base, it's likely to never return. That is, of course, ranked 8v8s. By having ranked no longer be just about arenas, it forces players to adopt a more objective mindset, or risk tanking ELO. So when ranked players queue unranked to get 'warmed-up', it wouldn't be in their best interest to ignore the objectives in every match they play, whether they queue solo or are in a group. Is it a perfect fix? No, but it would help unranked objective gameplay if that's what you desire.

*I know the common counter will be to just recommend queueing ranked only, but if you're in a group, and group ranked ain't popping....what are you going to do with you and your teammates....just wait in queue? Also, solo ranked is arguably the most tilting experience in the game, some may not want to spend hours in a day playing solo ranked, would rather prefer the more casual experience of unranked.

Edited by Csjbo

I don't want people to engage in a debate with me regarding whether this 'jaded' point of view is right or not.....because it's....just how myself and many feel. I'm just providing perspective.

Uh, that's not how this works. What you've described is understandable, but that doesn't make it right. Just because it's how you "feel" doesn't mean you're immune from judgment. And if it's not right, you shouldn't do it. And you can't tell other people "don't tell me if I'm right or wrong" because I am free to post as I choose.

The motivation to win is an inherent part of competitive games. Without it, there is no point to competitive games. If all you want to do is practice your damage rotation, go do so on a dummy. Number farming in regs has nothing in common with ranked arenas, at all.

In fact, I would argue that playing objectives is much, much better preparation for ranked. Because in ranked, you don't just indiscriminately kill people, you go after specific targets, you have to cc certain people, you have to chase, you have to use your dcds properly yourself, and more. These are all minor objectives that you have to keep track of and complete in order to win matches. You barely do any of that when you number farm in regs. There's a reason that regstars often get smashed when they first enter ranked. They aren't used to the kind of focus, precision and attention to detail succeeding in ranked requires. Objective gameplay, which will often involve high pressure combat situations even if you're not in combat 24/7, are much more likely to build better habits for ranked.

Uh, that's not how this works. What you've described is understandable, but that doesn't make it right. Just because it's how you "feel" doesn't mean you're immune from judgment. And if it's not right, you shouldn't do it. And you can't tell other people "don't tell me if I'm right or wrong" because I am free to post as I choose.

The motivation to win is an inherent part of competitive games. Without it, there is no point to competitive games. If all you want to do is practice your damage rotation, go do so on a dummy. Number farming in regs has nothing in common with ranked arenas, at all.

In fact, I would argue that playing objectives is much, much better preparation for ranked. Because in ranked, you don't just indiscriminately kill people, you go after specific targets, you have to cc certain people, you have to chase, you have to use your dcds properly yourself, and more. These are all minor objectives that you have to keep track of and complete in order to win matches. You barely do any of that when you number farm in regs. There's a reason that regstars often get smashed when they first enter ranked. They aren't used to the kind of focus, precision and attention to detail succeeding in ranked requires. Objective gameplay, which will often involve high pressure combat situations even if you're not in combat 24/7, are much more likely to build better habits for ranked.

You're misunderstanding the point of my response as it was a reply to the question as to WHY players play a certain way. Not whether or not it is the correct view of PVP. So any sort of "you're wrong and here's why" is pointless especially since a lot of the reasoning revolves around not caring. It's to save you time.

Does it make us look like selfish jerks? Yes....but that person asked for an honest answer and I gave it to them.

Edited by Csjbo

You're misunderstanding the point of my response as it was a reply to the question as to WHY players play a certain way. Not whether or not it is the correct view of PVP. So any sort of "you're wrong and here's why" is irrelevant especially since a lot of the reasoning revolves around not caring. It's to save you time.

Does it make us look like selfish jerks? Yes....but that person asked for an honest answer and I gave it to them.

I get it. But surely I have a right to slightly change the topic myself do I not? I appreciate the honest answer, but I can still critique that honest answer. I do think number farming in regs is wrong, but it's wrong in the same way that insulting someone to hurt their feelings is wrong. Not a huge deal, but I feel compelled to speak against it when others try to rationalize it.

I'm answering this question from the perspective of someone who number/kill farms when playing unranked warzones rather than play objectively.

As a 5.0 baby, I've probably played over 3,000 unranked warzones and over 1,000 ranked matches. With said experience and time invested has developed a sort-of....jaded view of objective-based gameplay. I no longer care about scoring a huttball, stalling/securing a point...placing a powerup on a control point in Odessen. A lot of that is based on the fact that to accomplish all of what I just listed.....you don't have to fight. I've had Odessens where I did 0 damage, 0 heals, 0 protection, never engaged in combat....but because I kept placing powerups at points, we won. A lot of times, guarding a point is just me waiting anxiously for anyone on the other team to visit so that I can do....something. For some that's engaging gameplay, but for others, it's not.

Based on my conversation with a lot of PVPers, this point of view is shared. It's more fun to fight than it is to play objectively. Not to mention that solo ranked and group ranked only use arena maps, where the objective is to kill the other team. So if you want to become a better solo ranked player, but the queue won't pop, or so infrequently to the point where just queueing is a dull affair....when you queue unranked warzones, you do what...you do the thing that would get you W's in ranked....kill things.*

Unfortunately for those who do want to play objectives in unranked warzones, the perspective I'm showcasing....is contagious. If your team doesn't play objectives and you're the only one trying.....it's an incredibly frustrating affair because you're pretty much going to get killed every time you get the huttball or go off-node, or won't be able to burst down that tank with the huttball. So you have one of two choices....leave, or just deathmatch with the rest of the team. The former may sound credible, but you forfeit the match count for the daily/weekly.

Even more unfortunate, is that there really is no penalty for losing an unranked warzone aside from taking a little longer to do the dailies/weeklies. Sure you're going to be missing out in gear-boxes, but the drops aren't particularly impressive, especially once you get item rating 306.

IMO, the solution to this issue lies in the past, and because of the player-base, it's likely to never return. That is, of course, ranked 8v8s. By having ranked no longer be just about arenas, it forces players to adopt a more objective mindset, or risk tanking ELO. So when ranked players queue unranked to get 'warmed-up', it wouldn't be in their best interest to ignore the objectives in every match they play, whether they queue solo or are in a group. Is it a perfect fix? No, but it would help unranked objective gameplay if that's what you desire.

*I know the common counter will be to just recommend queueing ranked only, but if you're in a group, and group ranked ain't popping....what are you going to do with you and your teammates....just wait in queue? Also, solo ranked is arguably the most tilting experience in the game, some may not want to spend hours in a day playing solo ranked, would rather prefer the more casual experience of unranked.

This is an interesting post. I've never looked at it this way before (the non-ranked version of ranked play).

Maybe if they made several 8v8 deathmatch maps (or increased the scale of existing maps for 8 players on a team) that were the same as arenas, it would provide something for all players. There's nothing wrong with wanting to kill other players in a PVP match after all.

There is a lot of validity in that comment.

Back during the 8vs8 days, those guilds who used to participate would collect their 8 man teams, group into two groups of 4, and "super queue" for regs (both teams would almost always end up together). Many puggers did not understand, at the time, but it was the guilds way of "training". Obviously we would not queue for ranked to practice, we would practice strats, plan, etc while in regs. The results were very much one sided and the "group queue" revolt ensued.

But....the games were very objective orientated because of this. The ranked players, playing objectively, actually instilled that play style throughout the servers and made the pvp'ers of the time much better overall. The pack deathmatch pugging strat going on today would have gotten steam rolled. Certainly not because the players were any better back then, they were just very well coordinated.

Edited by Nickodemous

This is largely why ive been in no rush to get back into it... and largely what drove me away.

It was irritating when it was a few people, but when literally every streamer save for about 2 does it, the community thinks its ok and the experience goes south.

Ive always played to win, never cared about stats other than W/L, anything else is the participation trophy of PvP.

This is largely why ive been in no rush to get back into it... and largely what drove me away.

It was irritating when it was a few people, but when literally every streamer save for about 2 does it, the community thinks its ok and the experience goes south.

Ive always played to win, never cared about stats other than W/L, anything else is the participation trophy of PvP.

Agreed!

People do it bc you can't really "lose" if you don't actually try. So in their heads, they didn't lose... bc their dps looks good. And they can never look like they care! Once they start to do actions like they care about objectives, they open themselves up to actually, literally losing. So by overtly, and I mean overtly, ignoring objectives, these individuals can clearly and loudly demonstrate that they care so little for objectives, that winning or losing the match is irrelevant... only the dps is. And that's why you're seeing such obnoxious matches.

[like Voidstar when the attackers just stay behind the crates and dps...]

[Like 3 point control when people kill nodes... and then don't cap it and immediately leave for the next node]

[Like HB when ... well, like almost all HBs]

I saw a premade on the other night running around with their posse, cleaning out nodes, then leaving. In most matches I was in with them, they were able to leach about 1 or 2 players from the side-car, so in effect 6 to 7 of them were in one place at a time, all the time. And of course they cared nothing for objectives. They ran from node to node killing and not capping. It wasn't fun for the winning team and wasn't much fun for the killing team either (I was on both sides). I mean... its not even like they're that good... you don't have to be good to win a 7-or-8v4-or-5. That's just math.

So they win their 7v4s, and the other team /sit at the node... and here we have two teams that are playing two completely different games.

Edited by AndriusAjax

People do it bc you can't really "lose" if you don't actually try. So in their heads, they didn't lose... bc their dps looks good. And they can never look like they care! Once they start to do actions like they care about objectives, they open themselves up to actually, literally losing. So by overtly, and I mean overtly, ignoring objectives, these individuals can clearly and loudly demonstrate that they care so little for objectives, that winning or losing the match is irrelevant... only the dps is. And that's why you're seeing such obnoxious matches.

Very insightful, and almost certainly true for most number farmers.

So they win their 7v4s, and the other team /sit at the node... and here we have two teams that are playing two completely different games.

Coming from a returning player, which does farm kill and stats in warzone.

Imo, it's mostly due to the lack of actual incentive to play the mode properly. You don't win much if you win a game, and most of the time you're already geared because you grinded Master Flashpoint for a whole day. Most of the players rushing to kill are just here because either ranked (or g-ranked) doesn't proc, or because they want to kill time (and things) with their friends, because there isn't much else to do. If PvP dropped some decent reward, be it cosmetic or even enough point to be worth grinding, then I'm pretty sure peoples would go back and play to win.

But right now... What good is there to play unranked for a fully geared player ? Nothing. We just keep playing PvP because we like it, and I'm pretty sure that without us, there wouldn't be PvP at all on some servers. We just farm stats because right now, with the unbalanced meta, all the d-sync and all of the bad players around which most don't know how to play at least decently... this is the only thing that reminds us of... I don't know. Maybe better times, where you had more players/better players, where games were actually challenging and worth playing correctly.

I'd love a return of PvP currency, one that you earn each time you win, which would allow us to buy cosmetic gear, different from the ranked one ofc. Peoples would grind this, really, really hard. But that's adding more cosmetics outside of the CM so I don't think we'll see that one day, even tho adding more incentive to play unranked seriously is clearly needed to avoid the mentality mentioned above.

You're misunderstanding the point of my response as it was a reply to the question as to WHY players play a certain way. Not whether or not it is the correct view of PVP. So any sort of "you're wrong and here's why" is pointless especially since a lot of the reasoning revolves around not caring. It's to save you time.

Actually, you’re misunderstanding my question a bit. Basically, your perspective and Stormcrest’s is nothing new. My question isn’t why some people don’t care at all about objectives. My question is why there seems to have been a massive uptick in this type of player in WZs since 6.0. Totally unscientific, but seems to me there’s much more of this even compared to a couple months ago. For me, the answer to why I play objectives is pretty simple – winning is more fun for me than losing. Even if my main objective for being in the WZ in the first place is conquest points or just finishing my weekly or whatever, and that doesn’t necessarily hinge on whether we win or not, I’d still rather get that stuff and also win the map. But to each his own – I can totally understand why some would have basically the same view point, but replace “winning” with “kill a bunch of people,” and replace “losing” with “being bored out of my mind guarding snow when my scrub team is probably gonna lose anyway.” And you’re 100% right about it being contagious – I do the same thing. If my team’s obviously gonna lose and there’s just no point, I totally switch into number farming mode. I’m just curious as to why there’s suddenly so much more of it, especially considering WZs are less efficient in terms of gearing than spamming flashpoints. If the reverse were true I would totally expect an uptick in players not caring about objectives, or even just unabashedly AFKing. Like when the M1-4X recruitment mission was first out, for example - tons of people just wanted to finish their matches and be done with it. But 6.0 hasn't really added any incentive to doing WZs compared to other activities, so it’s just odd to me. Maybe its just the usual influx of new players with an expansion.

Actually, you’re misunderstanding my question a bit. Basically, your perspective and Stormcrest’s is nothing new. My question isn’t why some people don’t care at all about objectives. My question is why there seems to have been a massive uptick in this type of player in WZs since 6.0. Totally unscientific, but seems to me there’s much more of this even compared to a couple months ago. For me, the answer to why I play objectives is pretty simple – winning is more fun for me than losing. Even if my main objective for being in the WZ in the first place is conquest points or just finishing my weekly or whatever, and that doesn’t necessarily hinge on whether we win or not, I’d still rather get that stuff and also win the map. But to each his own – I can totally understand why some would have basically the same view point, but replace “winning” with “kill a bunch of people,” and replace “losing” with “being bored out of my mind guarding snow when my scrub team is probably gonna lose anyway.” And you’re 100% right about it being contagious – I do the same thing. If my team’s obviously gonna lose and there’s just no point, I totally switch into number farming mode. I’m just curious as to why there’s suddenly so much more of it, especially considering WZs are less efficient in terms of gearing than spamming flashpoints. If the reverse were true I would totally expect an uptick in players not caring about objectives, or even just unabashedly AFKing. Like when the M1-4X recruitment mission was first out, for example - tons of people just wanted to finish their matches and be done with it. But 6.0 hasn't really added any incentive to doing WZs compared to other activities, so it’s just odd to me. Maybe its just the usual influx of new players with an expansion.

If we're talking about 6.0, there are two reasons.

1) Until yesterday, ranked was in its offseason and with people possibly still trying to figure out how their class works in 6.0, many ranked players took to regular PVP. As I alluded to in my initial post, they're indifferent towards objectives. Not because they secretly want to do them but can't like another poster hilariously claimed...they're actually indifferent.

2) New players in PVP may not even know how to PVP, let alone, do objectives so when they play a warzone, they just follow the herd because it's safer in the crowd than on their own. This happens all the time in Odessen where a team will be down 400-50, yet the team will still turtle at the one point they have. Not fighting....just standing there.

My question is why there seems to have been a massive uptick in this type of player in WZs since 6.0.

I think it's sorta... contagious? Maybe that's not the best term... 'If you can't 'beat' em join em'? Whatever the term... when you see other people do it, you want to show that you can play their game too. So it's a slippery slope thing. There's just more people doing it now, and it snowballs into more people doing it. I guess that's enough analogies...

I mean, we all play pvp bc we want the feeling of besting someone. But when we 'best someone' in a game that the opponent is not participating in (objectives) it's only human nature to try and best them at their game (dps-ing).

For instance, I can hit 10k+ dps if I forgo objectives, stay huddled near a healer, and spam my 'rotation'. Do I enjoy playing that way? No, not at all. I'd rather play objectives and win the game. But all night, if I'm the only a**h**e playing objectives, and I'm dying over n over, there comes a point where ... 'if you can't beat em, join em' - referring to that style of play. I usually refrain from playing that way, but putting myself in someone else's shoes, I can see why they would want to flex a little.

The only other explanation is that people are still gauging what class they want to play in 6.0. I'm seeing tons of sorcs, sins and ops - the fotms. And I think people are trying their hand at these classes, and when someone tries to play a new class, they usually go hard on dps, and not play objectives.

Edited by AndriusAjax

I think it's sorta... contagious? Maybe that's not the best term... 'If you can't 'beat' em join em'? Whatever the term... when you see other people do it, you want to show that you can play their game too. So it's a slippery slope thing. There's just more people doing it now, and it snowballs into more people doing it. I guess that's enough analogies...

I mean, we all play pvp bc we want the feeling of besting someone. But when we 'best someone' in a game that the opponent is not participating in (objectives) it's only human nature to try and best them at their game (dps-ing).

For instance, I can hit 10k+ dps if I forgo objectives, stay huddled near a healer, and spam my 'rotation'. Do I enjoy playing that way? No, not at all. I'd rather play objectives and win the game. But all night, if I'm the only a**h**e playing objectives, and I'm dying over n over, there comes a point where ... 'if you can't beat em, join em' - referring to that style of play. I usually refrain from playing that way, but putting myself in someone else's shoes, I can see why they would want to flex a little.

The only other explanation is that people are still gauging what class they want to play in 6.0. I'm seeing tons of sorcs, sins and ops - the fotms. And I think people are trying their hand at these classes, and when someone tries to play a new class, they usually go hard on dps, and not play objectives.

That my friend is what i call lemming syndrome. If people are so weak minded that they follow people intentionally playing wrong, im not sure what that ways about them but im pretty sure it isnt good.

But right now... What good is there to play unranked for a fully geared player ? Nothing. We just keep playing PvP because we like it, and I'm pretty sure that without us, there wouldn't be PvP at all on some servers. We just farm stats because right now, with the unbalanced meta, all the d-sync and all of the bad players around which most don't know how to play at least decently... this is the only thing that reminds us of... I don't know. Maybe better times, where you had more players/better players, where games were actually challenging and worth playing correctly.

I find playing the objectives far more challenging and fun than farming dps. Any random, mediocre player can sit in the warm embrace of a healer/mob and leak out their 'leet' 8k dps. Not a lot of people can play objectives properly - balancing themselves among nodes, knowing when to leave and help another node, delaying cap/stealth-play, etc.