PvP BiS set bonus / tactical for Arsenal Mercs

TrixxieTriss

All three use concentrated fire as the set.

Tacticals

Energized cells or magnet shrapnel for IO.

Thermonuclear is the only one I know is good for arsenal.

No clue for bodyguard.

fully disagree with this post.

IO: Continuous Fire is by far the strongest tac. once you learn how to use it, your dps will skyrocket. IO is about pressure and this tac amps that up

Arsenal: Burning Bright is BiS with the recent buff. You'll consistently hit 50k+ priming shots. AoE Heatseaker isn't great for 3 reasons: Ars isn't an AoE spec, the radius is small from the target, Heatseaker isn't hitting very hard in 6.0

Bodyguard: Rocket Fuel Vapors is the strongest tac. I initially didn't like it and thought mobil rapid scan was bette. However, once you get the feel for it, you can be almost eternally uninterruptible due to constant supercharge (you should be running supercharged defense) It also alleviates the difficulty of heat management because you have supercharge more often. also, the AoE heal from supercharge hits for 10-15K (i'm not aug'd yet)

Set: Concentrated fire for all 3. only real option. healing set is pure garb

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

Thanks guys. I’ll hope for the right tactical’s to drop. I’m concentrating on Armor sets first and once they are out of the way, I’ll look at tactical’s. I’ve been lucky with drops so far on my sin as I’ve got all the tactical’s (even the tank ones for some dumb reason)

Bodyguard: Rocket Fuel Vapors is the strongest tac. I initially didn't like it and thought mobil rapid scan was bette. However, once you get the feel for it, you can be almost eternally uninterruptible due to constant supercharge (you should be running supercharged defense) It also alleviates the difficulty of heat management because you have supercharge more often. also, the AoE heal from supercharge hits for 10-15K (i'm not aug'd yet)

Set: Concentrated fire for all 3. only real option. healing set is pure garb

Sounds interesting enough to try it out, though I have to say I find it hard to believe that Kolto Missile with 10s CD and 1 stack of supercharge will get me faster to 10 stacks than using Rapid Scan with its 2 stacks. My experience is that with Rapid Scan being mobile, I use it more often an generate supercharge stacks much faster. But anyway, I`l give it a try - so thanks for the suggestion.

Arsenal: Burning Bright is BiS with the recent buff. You'll consistently hit 50k+ priming shots. AoE Heatseaker isn't great for 3 reasons: Ars isn't an AoE spec, the radius is small from the target, Heatseaker isn't hitting very hard in 6.0

Agreed. With the recent change it's trivial to have every Priming Shot fully charged, I switched and have yet to be out dps'd by another Merc.

Blazing Bolts + Burning Bright Priming Shot + guaranteed crit Rail Shot really dumps on all the fotm Sins running around too.

Sounds interesting enough to try it out, though I have to say I find it hard to believe that Kolto Missile with 10s CD and 1 stack of supercharge will get me faster to 10 stacks than using Rapid Scan with its 2 stacks. My experience is that with Rapid Scan being mobile, I use it more often an generate supercharge stacks much faster. But anyway, I`l give it a try - so thanks for the suggestion.

trust me dude, i thought the same thing. The mobility of running rapid scan is so nice and that extra 4s on kolto missile cd seemed bad. but after testing, i changed my mind. also, the cd for kolto missile with tier 2 alac and the tac is only 8.7s

running rapid scan also makes you subconsciously rely on rapid scan more than you should. I think it has its place, but ive found that rocket fuel vapors is more impactful in more situations especially due to the prevalence of cleave

Edited by PhatMcMuffins

IO: Continuous Fire is by far the strongest tac. once you learn how to use it, your dps will skyrocket. IO is about pressure and this tac amps that up

I agree with pretty much everything else, but this strikes me as mostly fluff damage in a random warzone setting. Energized cell freaking melts people.

Tried the bright tactical, though. My god, I love it. Actually makes arsenal kinda playable in a 1v1 now. :p

I agree with pretty much everything else, but this strikes me as mostly fluff damage in a random warzone setting. Energized cell freaking melts people.

Tried the bright tactical, though. My god, I love it. Actually makes arsenal kinda playable in a 1v1 now. :p

in cleave in a 4s match, this will increase your pressure by a significant amount which is what IO is about. not having to reapply dots also leaves you more energy for harder hitting abilities as you can clip sweeping blast channel to minimize heat and time

Anyone know what stat percentages I should have for Arsenal?

I’ve stuck with 105% accuracy on my Jugg, Sin snd Mara. I’ve all 306 stuff available to put into the sets, but with everything costing to so much, I don’t want to have to pull stuff out if I make a mistake.

I’ve mainly been collecting :

Versatile superior 80 and 80r-1 (through to 7) armoring.

Lethal mod 80 and 80r-1 (through to 9).

Nimble 80 and 80-1;(through to 9) Enhancements

Adept 80 and 80-1 (through to 9) Enhancements

Initiate 80 and 80-1 (through to 9) Enhancements

And I’ve got alacrity, Crit and accuracy Sha’tek ears and implants ready too.

So I’ve got a bunch of stats to play with.

Anyone know what stat percentages I should have for Arsenal?

I’ve stuck with 105% accuracy on my Jugg, Sin snd Mara. I’ve all 306 stuff available to put into the sets, but with everything costing to so much, I don’t want to have to pull stuff out if I make a mistake.

I’ve mainly been collecting :

Versatile superior 80 and 80r-1 (through to 7) armoring.

Lethal mod 80 and 80r-1 (through to 9).

Nimble 80 and 80-1;(through to 9) Enhancements

Adept 80 and 80-1 (through to 9) Enhancements

Initiate 80 and 80-1 (through to 9) Enhancements

And I’ve got alacrity, Crit and accuracy Sha’tek ears and implants ready too.

So I’ve got a bunch of stats to play with.

105% is a good number for accuracy since arsenal have alot of white damage also but anything higher than that would not bad also, say you get 106 or 107 percent is perfectly fine even upto 110 percent

for me the most important is the alactrity threshold once you get to that number you can do either crit or mastery dont matter

Edited by KumbayaGOD

105% is a good number for accuracy since arsenal have alot of white damage also but anything higher than that would not bad also, say you get 106 or 107 percent is perfectly fine even upto 110 percent

for me the most important is the alactrity threshold once you get to that number you can do either crit or mastery dont matter

Yeah, but what’s the alacrity threshold for Mercs now? They have a natural 3%.

What GCD is that (1.4) and do you have a rounded out percentage as opposed to a total alacrity number.

Yes, that's for 1.4 gcd, and it's the same percentage as before: 7.143%. For classes without an alacrity bonus it's 1213, for arsenal and carnage, it's 663.

Edited by JediMasterAlex