/stuck in pvp do you consider it cheating?

Kegparty

your opinion is one of an ignoramus.

How is jumping in the fire the same?

Fire, acid or bottomless pits were designed to kill you.

/stuck was designed to get you unstuck because the game glitches.

Jumping in the fire to repsawn is a valid tactic. Using /stuck is not.

/stuck is not your own personal suicide button. If the devs wanted a suicide button, they would have designed one.

Warzones were designed with fire, acid and bottomless pits in mind, not with the entire team using /stuck to their advantage. The simple fact is /stuck breaks the balance in Warzones, and convincing yourself it's not a cheat shows how shallow you are.

Honest question: don't you use /stuck? I remember RWZ last week where you used it in Huttball to get back to defense faster. The death announcement showed "death by kill target" and my teammate saw it too.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep trying to think of a time that I got stuck in a warzone... its been soon long. They should just disable to /stuck command and just let the auto stuck work its magic. I feel like we all should be training in using it in a group :(

I got stuck on a piece of rebar sticking out of the new fence in Voidstar. Because the game did it's auto-unstuck, but stuck me back on the damn piece of rebar, I couldn't use /stuck for 2 mins LOL And no one on the enemy team came over to kill me, so I'm just hanging there waving my arms around like an idiot:mad:

But yea, to the OP, /stuck shouldn't be usable unless you really are stuck

Honest question: don't you use /stuck? I remember RWZ last week where you used it in Huttball to get back to defense faster. The death announcement showed "death by kill target" and my teammate saw it too.

I haven't ever exploited it, as any of my teammates will tell you. Unfortunately the game is not without bugs. Warriors and Knights have a bug with force charge/intercede. where you cannot move beyond a certain radius after leaping to a target, or just getting stuck under the ground or in objects which were in the immediate vicinity of your leap target. Beyond that I don't remember the specific instance you mention in huttball. I had to use it last night in a Novare coast RWZ match too cause I got stuck inside the base of the turret at middle after a force charge. It's so annoying :mad:

Edited by UberDuberSoldat

Of course it's cheating / an exploit. Biggest issue are voidstar / novare and civil.

Voidstar, they get door 1 and are not killing anyone, pop trans, juggs slow, rest stun.

/stuck, no problem.

Novare - 3 commit to a node, while 4 wait. more reinforcements come than necessary, 3 are just stunning / slowing, 4 take other node. No problem, /stuck.

same in civil. with /stuck all you have to do is get 2 nodes and wait for callouts. Kills good team play / strategy.

The big problem with removing /stuck is that when the client and server are out of sync, you have to use /stuck to fix it.

If they created a new command like "/sync" then you could remove "/stuck" completely.

I get the client and server out of sync problem at least a couple times a month so I have to use /stuck to fix it.

Edited by Arkerus

pfft nah. use it all the time. if its an exploit, where do you draw the line? standing in a fire pit? doing nothing to escape people? usually i use it after scoring if im not sure the situation at mid, or after causing a diversion at a side node, we pick up a second ill just drop dead to reinforce. the most 'exploitative' one would be getting across the voidstar bridge, but i still think thats just an option we should have, it means youre not going to help on the bridge doors, so it's a regrettable, but sometimes necessary action. the only times ive done that are in bad pugs, and when i have frankly i think i should be commended for not just leaving.

Are you kidding here? You don't think being able to instantly reinforce another node in a Civil War is exploiting? Unfair? How is it fair to the other team who has to run on foot there, while you can /stuck and then take the speeder down to nearly instantly reinforce it. You think it's just an option you should have? If you put yourself in a situation where you cannot help your team I.E the bridge is down and you are still chilling in the first room, that is no one's fault but your own. You either A) Don't want to lose your unfair advantage because your team/you cannot compete without using it, or B) Are plain stupid.

Edited by Devilk

It's an in-game tool, if Bioware didn't specifically remove it's use in WZs then we have all rights to use it as we see fit. This isn't cheating or breaking the rules or anything, Bioware lets us use it in WZs, therefor we can use it in WZs. Simple.

I know, I know, seems mean and unfair but hey, gotta take every advantage you can get.

EDIT: And before people start saying to me "idiot, you're one of those people who use it all the time and making it unfair on the enemy team", first of I have never used it before once in a WZ, and second the other team can just use it too right? Not my fault they haven't realised they can use /stuck in WZs to make it easier for them.

Because trust me, if everyone did know about this tactic we'd see it bieng used a hell-of-alot more.

Edited by Chlomamf

It's an in-game tool, if Bioware didn't specifically remove it's use in WZs then we have all rights to use it as we see fit. This isn't cheating or breaking the rules or anything, Bioware lets us use it in WZs, therefor we can use it in WZs. Simple.

I know, I know, seems mean and unfair but hey, gotta take every advantage you can get.

EDIT: And before people start saying to me "idiot, you're one of those people who use it all the time and making it unfair on the enemy team", first of I have never used it before once in a WZ, and second the other team can just use it too right? Not my fault they haven't realised they can use /stuck in WZs to make it easier for them.

Because trust me, if everyone did know about this tactic we'd see it bieng used a hell-of-alot more.

This doesn't pass the laugh test. Getting stuck can happen in WZs, hence why it's available. Any other use

is chinzy exploiting.

Just have the use of the /stuck command add a 30 second lockout timer to accepting a clone-revive in warzones.

It would stop abuse and still be viable for those who are truly in need of the tool (being knocked from the bridge in voidstar and not dying is the only time I have ever had to use /stuck in a warzone).

I haven't ever exploited it, as any of my teammates will tell you. Unfortunately the game is not without bugs. Warriors and Knights have a bug with force charge/intercede. where you cannot move beyond a certain radius after leaping to a target, or just getting stuck under the ground or in objects which were in the immediate vicinity of your leap target. Beyond that I don't remember the specific instance you mention in huttball. I had to use it last night in a Novare coast RWZ match too cause I got stuck inside the base of the turret at middle after a force charge. It's so annoying :mad:

If you used it for any other reason than actually being stuck, then you have used it as an exploit.

Sweet, thanks for telling me how I can cheat. See you all in-game :D

• You have mid... trying to get grass or snow.. You are at grass and your whole team of 6 loses.. you are the last one and notice they managed to heal through it. (pug group not attacking healer).. You run to snow and all of the sudden people are flying down using the side speeders..
  • You see a guy score the hutball. Your team has mid but then the guy suddenly comes out from behind you for defense even though your team was smart enough not to try to kill him at your end zone.
  • You are playing novar coast and have the east turret only. You push west but your whole team dies. You respawn and get out of the gate but notice them all leaving the gate at the same time as your group.
  • You ever CC someone with a flash... push ahead with a good team without killing people in voidstar only to have that same guy pop out on d.....

... i could keep going....

Edited by Kegparty

I keep trying to think of a time that I got stuck in a warzone... its been soon long. They should just disable to /stuck command and just let the auto stuck work its magic. I feel like we all should be training in using it in a group :(

same, dont think ive ever used it in a wz.

and not planning on doing it any time soon

and naaa, Ill never lower myself to using a exploit for a advantage

Win/lose/draw ill do it on my own ability and not some mechanic used in a unintentional manner

Team vs Team online games commonly have a Respawn button. They do not consider it cheating.

The difference in swtor is that the button is not meant to be used in this manner, but even if it was...that's a normal mechanic for games.

I have used it maybe 3 times before in voidstar when my team sucked.

If this is an exploit, is jumping off a ledge to die or jumping in fire or acid an exploit?

----

the DIEING exploit

"That guy had 47 deaths that WZ" - "Must be exploiting"

Edited by DarthBloodloss

CC'ing people with the intent to not kill them, and just chain plant the whole map is an advanced strategy, but isn't respawning to protect a node not also an advanced strategy?

Its DIEING. How can death be an exploit? No one has ever lost a match and complained that the other team died with too much precision.

Of course, thats only my opinion. If it were somehow stated by BW that its against their intended gameplay, then I will gladly reverse my opinion. P.S. I dont really see this as an issue wither way. I don't encourage the use of /stuck, I'm just giving my opinion. If you are getting owned that badly where you need to /stuck, you are probably going to lose regardless.

I agree that using it PROACTIVELY such as switching sides in CW is a bit much. But using it reactively when you are losing (on VS) seems like a legit tactic.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Of course, thats only my opinion. If it were somehow stated by BW that its against their intended gameplay, then I will gladly reverse my opinion.

I personally do well in WZ. I was hoping to get a response from them on this because it seems to be used enough to most likely be part of everyone strat. I consider Jumping in the fire or acid is an advance strategy vs /stuck. Jumping in the fire at least takes some movement and time and no fire exists on turret WZ when you gain the largest advantage using the /stuck.

They implemented an AUTO stuck for a reason. Why would they just not disable the /stuck type command especially considering I have had a stuck problem maybe 1 time out of thousands of matches.