Please give us a proper house to decorate on rishi!🌴

Lunafox

So, in the interest of being more visible, rather than getting buried under other suggestions and testing thoughts, I figured a separate thread might be a plan.

A decent house, like the Blaster's Path Cantina on Rishi has a great floor plan for decorators to work on. As the buildings on Rishi are now, (just three run down silos) there is nothing inspiring for us to work on. I really can't see my Sith or Agents, not even my Bounty Hunter wanting to squat in a silo. They've gotten used to the good life, and would like that reflected.

Honestly, it would be worth SWTOR's while to give us this house adjacent to the beach, because a proper house will need to be decorated and populated and as it stands, there is no incentive for me to spend real life dollars. Give me a reason and I'll give you the world.

*chants* HOUSE! HOUSE! HOUSE!!

(PS. If you want to make a HOUSE!sig with palm trees, just copy the little tree from this site https://emojipedia.org/palm-tree/ and paste it to your sig window through accounts.)

Edited by Lunafox

I second and third this!

The Balster's Path cantina would be an excellent building for them to use. It could serve as a house for people like Luna and myself, but it also fits with the theme and could be used for many things! Adding this building would only serve to enhance the stronghold. It would offer a place for smugglers to entertain their fellow space pirates, bounty hunters could hang their many trophies, PvP teams could celebrate epic victories with a pint and some music. It could be a shining example of how the dev team can create something that appeals to so many different kinds of players. Anyone on that team buying this pitch? Come on guys, I'm just waiting to buy some cartel coins and decoration packs!

HOUSE! HOUSE! HOUSE! HOUSE!

/signed!!

One building, guys. Come on. One building that isn't a silo with grease on the floor and open ceilings.

Maybe your Rishi residents don't want a house. Okay. It's a speakeasy. It's a hospital for all the people hurt in the PvP brawls. It's a speeder garage. It's versatile! The only thing that stops the endless possibilities is not having it.

If the Blasters' Path building is too large, these charming, well-kep[t cottages could also do the trick. It could still support the Blaster's Path layout with a small upstairs and a very large underground layout. Even better for a speakeasy!

https://imgur.com/a/9vseIwG

Dk. Cour, and NS were nothing but houses. Tat has a small house. Yavin has a huge building. The train is a train house. Manaan is pretty much only a house. And now on a PvP sh you what... want another house? Look it has a house.... IN THE FORM OF A SHIP. An entire deck is devoted to it.

Dk. Cour, and NS were nothing but houses. Tat has a small house. Yavin has a huge building. The train is a train house. Manaan is pretty much only a house. And now on a PvP sh you what... want another house? Look it has a house.... IN THE FORM OF A SHIP. An entire deck is devoted to it.

I'm not suggesting to take anything away from the pvpers. All I'm suggesting is tacking a house on, at the far end of the beach that would be uber far away from all things pvp.

The ship sucks, it has no windows and it has pvp junk in it. When I asked for a Rishi Stronghold for all these years, I wanted an actual house on the tropical landscape to decorate. If I want to work on decorating a ship, I'll work on my one person guild ship. A ship is NOT something I ever wanted. Nor is the train. As a matter of fact I never asked for Manaan either. I've been asking for Rishi and they make this place with no decent house.

Adding a house does not take away any pvp aspect what so ever. in fact, it improves the overall functionality of the ground aspect of this stronghold by providing a place to socialize post battle. Call it a Combat Hall, a Hunter's Lodge, a Smuggler's Cantina, a Jedi/sith Monastery, a Hospice, a welcome center, a manor, a guild building etc...

The ship, well how should i say this? It sucks! It's dark, dreary, has no windows and isn't attached to the mainland.

A ship isn't a 'house,' it's a ship. Neither is a train. The Rishi building doesn't have to be a home if one doesn't want it to be, either.

Adding a building for players to decorate doesn't interfere with the PvP aspect in any way. You don't have to unlock the larger building if you don't want it. You can put a wall in front of it and pretend it's not there if that works better for you.

What it does do is make the SH more accessible and appealing to more players because it adds more possibilities for guilds. RPers, or decorators.

While this is billed as a "PvP stronghold" PvPers are not the only ones who requested this SH, nor are they the only ones who will be using it, and making it appealing to a wider player base is always a win.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Let me do some math because I'm pretty sure there are more pvp areas than Strongholds.

PVP:

Alderaan civil war, Voidstar, 2 Huttballs, Novare Coast, Ancient Hypergate, Odessen, yavin temple, 4v4 areas, Ilum, Outlaw's den, this new Rishi SH and pvp world instances.

Strongholds:

DK, Coruscant, NS, Tattooine, Yavin IV, Manaan, Umbara, Guild ships and this new Rishi SH.

Just off hand, this seems a lil lobsided, no?

Sure, we can say it's all semantics blah blah but the fact remains that adding a house to the ground portion of the stronghold benefits everyone.

Edited by TonyTricicolo

Adding a better building for players to use as they choose doesn't take anything from PvP so I don't see why that should be a point of contention. It doesn't have to be a house, it can be something that goes along with the PvP. It would be on your stronghold and up to you to decide how to use it. There's no reason the SH can't have more to appeal to all kinds of players. It's just good business to give a product broad appeal.

The ship is cool, but it's dark, it has grates for most of the floors and there are no windows. Rishi hasn't been widely requested so people could decorate a ship. You don't have to use another building if you don't want to, doesn't mean the idea has no merit.

I'd be very grateful for a house, and I'd also be very grateful to get a response about it, so that it doesn't feel so much like our needs/ideas are being ignored. :(

Yeah, even if the response was stating that they couldn't actually add a building, it would at least feel like they were hearing us.

I'd be very grateful for a house, and I'd also be very grateful to get a response about it, so that it doesn't feel so much like our needs/ideas are being ignored. :(

Loads of feed back has been implemented. IDK the reason they didn't add a house but they definitely didn't ignore feed back. Like 6 ideas of mine were added.

Then again rishi wasn't exactly what non-pvpers envisioned in the first place. The color scheme is not at all a tropical paradise. You might ask for one on Rakata Prime instead.

Loads of feed back has been implemented. IDK the reason they didn't add a house but they definitely didn't ignore feed back. Like 6 ideas of mine were added.

Then again rishi wasn't exactly what non-pvpers envisioned in the first place. The color scheme is not at all a tropical paradise. You might ask for one on Rakata Prime instead.

Copero would also serve very nicely. The thing is, many players asked for a stronghold on Rishi, then it was made but pigeon-holed. I don't think it would have been too much to have a proper building in the thing. I still think it's a reasonable request. and much more plausible than getting an entirely new stronghold.

I would love Rakata Prime, but what's that mean, another 2 maybe 3 year wait? If at all? As it is, there is nothing for a person like me to do in the game right now. There is no story. I had hoped I could amuse myself with decorating while waiting for new content.

Asking them for anything is like making a wish on the monkey's paw. It's never what you hoped or asked for. Many of us, myself included asked for tropical getaway and they give us what they did, a collection of ramps and rundown silos and a ship that has nothing to do with the planet's surface and his no windows. I understand that they like pleasing the pvpers, but why should that be at the expense of everyone else? There is no reason they couldn't take on a house at the far end of the beach or something, which is well away from the pvp slum. I certainly didn't ask for or envision a run down slum, not when there are so many gorgeous locales.

I know feedback has been implemented to some degree, because the trash I wanted gone, is well, gone. But that doesn't mean we can't still ask for what we want and I'm hoping they'll listen.

Well, according to the response from Charles Boyd in the other thread, we're wasting our time here. Who knows when they'll put out another stronghold. I'm not sure I have the patience to wait YEARS for them to create a new one. I waited for YEARS for this one.

I can't relate the sheer volume of my disappointment and upset right now. It was decent of Charles to answer us, but unfortunately, it was not the answer I was hoping for.

I guess decorators = less than dirt when compared to the more volatile demographic being catered to. :(

A lot of people are saying the reason they don't like the stronghold (besides not having a large room to make a house ) is because of no windows so :

(1) Corscuant -Windows

(2) DK- Windows but always raining

(3) Nar Shadda- windows

(4) Tattoine--No Windows

(5) Umbarra--2 small windows in the engineer room.

(6) Manaan-Windows

(7) Yavin-No Windows

So this is not the first stronghold without windows. I think though it may be the one people expected a certain way and it didn't turn out like that. They said they couldn't add an extra building and it probably more work than they can do in a timely fashion right now.

They have made some changes based on feedback and that is an improvement.

Now a side note I do wish people would stop saying that if you are decorator you don't like it or can't do anything with it. There are decorators, like myself, that can and will make a nice place but I don't like to feel like we are not decorators so would you please be a little more respectful of how you show your disappointment. There are ways to do it without making others feel like they are not decorators.

It would have been nice for a additional house but it wasn't meant to me.

Have a good night.

So, in the interest of being more visible, rather than getting buried under other suggestions and testing thoughts, I figured a separate thread might be a plan.

A decent house, like the Blaster's Path Cantina on Rishi has a great floor plan for decorators to work on. As the buildings on Rishi are now, (just three run down silos) there is nothing inspiring for us to work on. I really can't see my Sith or Agents, not even my Bounty Hunter wanting to squat in a silo. They've gotten used to the good life, and would like that reflected.

Honestly, it would be worth SWTOR's while to give us this house adjacent to the beach, because a proper house will need to be decorated and populated and as it stands, there is no incentive for me to spend real life dollars. Give me a reason and I'll give you the world.

*chants* HOUSE! HOUSE! HOUSE!!

(PS. If you want to make a HOUSE!sig with palm trees, just copy the little tree from this site https://emojipedia.org/palm-tree/ and paste it to your sig window through accounts.)

Making another Rishi house would be a costly and resource mistake in my opinion. If anything, move on to another planet like Alderaan, where we can have a beautiful house in the mountains.

Eh. I think it's clear that they aren't going to add anything. I really am disappointed and hope this is not a harbinger of the future with other strongholds.

I extended my subscription just so I wouldn't have to deal with escrow in buying this stronghold. There's nothing else in the game for me right now. I feel like extending the sub was a total waste because this stronghold isn't something I'll be doing much with. I'll buy the ship to try to salvage something out of this but I'm not a fan.

Making another Rishi house would be a costly and resource mistake in my opinion. If anything, move on to another planet like Alderaan, where we can have a beautiful house in the mountains.

At this point if I have to wait more years for a stronghold, I'd rather have Rakata Prime.

Well since a house is out of the question, I'm going to pass on this stronghold. Unless they add Rishi firedancers as personel. Then I'll get the first unlock for the beach for my hot guys and ignore the rest. That'll save me a lot of cash since I won't have any need to buy deco packs off of the CM.

And I really don't understand the people who keep claiming Rishi isn't a tropical paradise. 80% or more of Rishi is absolutely tropical paradise! Are they not familiar with the famous black sand beaches of Hawaii? Oh hey look! It even has Speedy!