3.0 pvp

Valzanik

Yeah, there are. ^This guy is "quitting" and apparently just trolling the server forums until his sub runs out. Are there tons? No. Are there any rofflestomp good guilds pubside? No.

That said, as a pub-only player I've found we win about 45-50% of the time. I don't think that's such a bad ratio. It won't get better if people keep telling everyone to roll imp, either. There is nothing inherently bad about a player because they are on the pubside, and there are lots with good potential, just no established players on this server that are willing to take a break from trolling to gather them up, knock em on the head, and teach them how to work as a team.

Yeah, there are. ^This guy is "quitting" and apparently just trolling the server forums until his sub runs out. Are there tons? No. Are there any rofflestomp good guilds pubside? No.

That said, as a pub-only player I've found we win about 45-50% of the time. I don't think that's such a bad ratio. It won't get better if people keep telling everyone to roll imp, either. There is nothing inherently bad about a player because they are on the pubside, and there are lots with good potential, just no established players on this server that are willing to take a break from trolling to gather them up, knock em on the head, and teach them how to work as a team.

Your definition of "good" and mine are completely different then

But you are talking to people who only have played with the people who are playing the game now. He wasn't around on pubside when guilds like Don't Panic and Synergy were around.

*Edit: If he was around then, I can't see how he is claiming these players are good.

Edited by JabstJaif

But you are talking to people who only have played with the people who are playing the game now. He wasn't around on pubside when guilds like Don't Panic and Synergy were around.

*Edit: If he was around then, I can't see how he is claiming these players are good.

No, I wasn't. I've just transferred to this server a month ago. Whether there used to be better players pubside is kind of irrelevant to this discussion. I'm saying there aren't any of those "amazing" players impside, currently, in significantly larger numbers either. I've been playing the game since launch, so I've seen the general population's skill level decline over time. It isn't unique to this server, and it isn't going to stop unless people start doing something about it. People /can/ be taught. New players hit the server all the time. No matter what you might think about the "glory" days on any server, a good portion of that is nostalgia for a time when server communities mattered. All these comments do is tear it down. Any time an oldschooler flames and tells people to uninstall and stop queueing, they are making the issue worse. Step down off your high horse and get in the ditches and bring people up. Sitting on a pedestal and bemoaning the loss of once great players is futile.

My definition of a good player is someone who consistently strives to improve their game and doesn't tear people down that are doing the same. It certainly isn't someone that posts an attention begging "I quit" post in an MMO server forum and then trolls the forum for a week after.

So yes, our definitions of good are probably very different.

I've picked up plenty of newbs in the last three years, taught them the basics and watched them surpass my own abilities many times, some even becoming great. If people that are better than I tried that, imagine how awesome the PvP on this server would be. You aren't a good teacher if your students don't outgrow you. Often it is the act of teaching that improves the teacher's skills.

My definition of a good player is someone who consistently strives to improve their game and doesn't tear people down that are doing the same. It certainly isn't someone that posts an attention begging "I quit" post in an MMO server forum and then trolls the forum for a week after.

So yes, our definitions of good are probably very different.

Look friend, I use to have the attitude of helping players to get the pub side better. I use to spam general chat about giving free PvP advice and stuff. But then I realized after 1 week that some players aren't meant to get better.

But if you help them, they will only be as good as you, which will not revive pubside PvP.

/shotsfired

/thread

Look friend, I use to have the attitude of helping players to get the pub side better. I use to spam general chat about giving free PvP advice and stuff. But then I realized after 1 week that some players aren't meant to get better.

You're absolutely right. Some people are just bad and always will be. But you won't know that unless you keep an eye out for people that have potential and take constructive criticism. All the negativity runs people off that actually would like to get better and then you're left with the bads.

The whole point of my conversation is that you are grossly overstating things, obviously bitter, and the server would be better off if you didn't jump on every thread and tell people to run away. My guild is new to the server, but our entire goal is to get a server community started that encourages development rather than destruction. Also, as far as I've seen since the update: all those "amazing" imps that were geared to the teeth and running hybrids have no idea what they are doing. Sure there are good ones, but I'm seeing good players pop up pub side too, in equal numbers.

/thread

You're absolutely right. Some people are just bad and always will be. But you won't know that unless you keep an eye out for people that have potential and take constructive criticism. All the negativity runs people off that actually would like to get better and then you're left with the bads.

The whole point of my conversation is that you are grossly overstating things, obviously bitter, and the server would be better off if you didn't jump on every thread and tell people to run away. My guild is new to the server, but our entire goal is to get a server community started that encourages development rather than destruction. Also, as far as I've seen since the update: all those "amazing" imps that were geared to the teeth and running hybrids have no idea what they are doing. Sure there are good ones, but I'm seeing good players pop up pub side too, in equal numbers.

You are so optimistic. The Republic is just a lost cause. You are just delusional.

Let's be honest here. There are two types of pvpers.

1. Those that want to be good

2. Those that are good

Do I need to go into further detail where you rank and the Republic?

1. Bind your keys

2. Bind your focus target/modifier

3. Communicate cc/defensive and offensive cds

People who don't do this just choose to be bad, simple as that.

Seems like your "whole point of my conversation" is to defend your white knight image.

Edited by Gomex

Don't Panic shouldn't ever be listed next to Synergy. Such insult

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i appreciate all the replies... but pub is dead stellar is right pubs are awful. I was around for the synergy/mvp/dont panic/ strictly business days whenw e played 8s against eachother. I have played with and against them in 4's/8's

And Synergy was good in 8's 3k+ rating on my sent during 8's. Then came the #LOLTURTLECOMP. However in 4's DP and mvp and a short list of other players who rotated in with them were the only good players. Whole different level, would wipe the floor with some of the trash now....

The level of play from all pubs is god awful. The only good pubs is are alts of the few good imps left. there is a handful of good people left on this server. Anyway pt fotm see ya in ranked

Edited by Valzanik