Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Satele Shan must die thread :D:D:D:D !!!!!! You took us Darth Marr now we take Satele

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Satele Shan must die thread :D:D:D:D !!!!!! You took us Darth Marr now we take Satele

Lunafox's Avatar


Lunafox
08.14.2017 , 04:38 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
How about sacrificing neither? Lana's just as important to some players and characters as Theron is to others, and some of us would be devastated if she went away. No need to throw one under the bus for the other.
I know, but I was just making a point, because so many guys don't get it. They have their precious Lana, but there are some of us that hold Theron dear. I'm devasted to think what it might be like without him. It's just what you said, these characters are important to people. Theron and Lana both.

Honestly I don't care if Lana lives, that's fine, so long as Theron does too. I want him to always be a part of my story.

LordAppius's Avatar


LordAppius
08.14.2017 , 04:41 AM | #82
I just think the game needs more random killings and since theron is a rep we could start with him, something like.

(for females, before they uprise xD)Theron: I thought you loved me.... but in the end you have always been a sith, right?
(for males) Theron: I guess that you have always been a stih, and that won't change...

Your character (if female): You were good while it lasted now sayonara rep scum!!!!! (insert evil laughter muah ah)

Your character (if male): I finally get rid of you, you nuinsance! :r ak_04:

Lammia's Avatar


Lammia
08.14.2017 , 05:04 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
I just think the game needs more random killings and since theron is a rep we could start with him, something like.

(for females, before they uprise xD)Theron: I thought you loved me.... but in the end you have always been a sith, right?
(for males) Theron: I guess that you have always been a stih, and that won't change...

Your character (if female): You were good while it lasted now sayonara rep scum!!!!! (insert evil laughter muah ah)

Your character (if male): I finally get rid of you, you nuinsance! :r ak_04:
My Big Bad Dark Side Inquisitor would never do or say that because..... GASP.... he loves Theron. Former Pub spy or not, doesn't matter.
My Art
FIX MALAVAI QUINN CUSTOMISATION IN IOKATH!
This is not the referral you're looking for

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
08.14.2017 , 05:40 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I know, but I was just making a point, because so many guys don't get it. They have their precious Lana, but there are some of us that hold Theron dear. I'm devasted to think what it might be like without him. It's just what you said, these characters are important to people. Theron and Lana both.

Honestly I don't care if Lana lives, that's fine, so long as Theron does too. I want him to always be a part of my story.
Some girls have Lana too, don't forget.

When we dislike a companion or they haven't bonded with us for some reason, it's really easy to forget how much they matter to other people, I think. There are people angling for Arcann as a love interest but I can't fathom that, and I'm really, really happy he's dead in my story. If they killed off Lana and there was no option to save her, or they made her turn on the player, I'd be devastated to the point of not playing the game anymore, because I always want her there. Some people don't. Etc.

I guess the key is a) to ensure there's always a way to save them; b) they aren't twisted into a character that might be too hard to forgive (ie, Quinn II); c) they aren't excluded from story if they are saved. Tall order, but one that's vital, I think.

Both Theron and Lana are vitally important to the story, IMHO, and it would suffer greatly if either of them were taken out or twisted into an adversary. Personally, Theron and Lana are both rank 50 influence with my main, and I adore both of them. Lana's my character's love interest; Theron's considered a good friend.

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.14.2017 , 05:52 AM | #85
The problem with Theron and Lana is how they hinge on the story so much. I wouldn't enjoy Dragon age if the only ones who matter in the story would be Varric and another companion year after year after year without other companions mattering equally to the story.

I wouldn't dislike Theron and Lana nearly as much as I do if they weren't the sole important companions in the story. Im at least hopeful they took that into consideration in the next patches to come.
If something bad were to happen to these two eventually in the story, I hope those who want to can save him and those who don't won't be forced to.
Imagine having Arcann forced in your story when you dislike him.

I do understand people not wanting them to be killed depending on choice because fighting alongside your love interest until the end of times seems really fun, they matter almost as much as you do. Which leaves no room for another to come in and be as important.
I didn't finish the Theron romance and don't care for female romance in anyway so I think I'm one of the few who feels this way.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

IoNonSoEVero's Avatar


IoNonSoEVero
08.14.2017 , 06:05 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
The problem with Theron and Lana is how they hinge on the story so much. I wouldn't enjoy Dragon age if the only ones who matter in the story would be Varric and another companion year after year after year without other companions mattering equally to the story.

I wouldn't dislike Theron and Lana nearly as much as I do if they weren't the sole important companions in the story. Im at least hopeful they took that into consideration in the next patches to come.
If something bad were to happen to these two eventually in the story, I hope those who want to can save him and those who don't won't be forced to.
Imagine having Arcann forced in your story when you dislike him.
I had to put up with Senya for all of KOTFE before I could get rid of her, that was bad enough.

I do get what you are saying. I think they are there as the constant narrators - in the class stories, there was always someone to whom the character reported back to - whether it was Baras, Zash, etc - that was a constant. Now it's Lana and Theron. They do seem to be giving more choice in that respect, I think - in KOTET you didn't see L&T very much at the end if you'd kept S&A around.

Saving them is the key, you're right...and IMHO, I'd also add, saving them without having to forgive them for something unforgivable, like trying to kill your character. I much prefer the sort of 'saving' they had with Torian/Vette (heroic) or Koth (his actions *were* based on your choices, and you always had options).

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.14.2017 , 06:10 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
I had to put up with Senya for all of KOTFE before I could get rid of her, that was bad enough.

I do get what you are saying. I think they are there as the constant narrators - in the class stories, there was always someone to whom the character reported back to - whether it was Baras, Zash, etc - that was a constant. Now it's Lana and Theron. They do seem to be giving more choice in that respect, I think - in KOTET you didn't see L&T very much at the end if you'd kept S&A around.

Saving them is the key, you're right...and IMHO, I'd also add, saving them without having to forgive them for something unforgivable, like trying to kill your character.
Yeah I did like that, how they replaced Theron and Lana with Senya and Arcann, it felt different to me!
I don't want people to lose the companion they like, all I want is more variation and roles decided a bit better. Let's just hope whatever happens you can still decide your personal ending.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Ellisande's Avatar


Ellisande
08.14.2017 , 06:24 AM | #88
I don't like any of the new companions. Lana and Theran can both go jump out the airlock for all I care. They never have a discernible personality. I don't know what the hell they stand for, I don't know what drives them, I don't know how they view the world or why they view the world the way they do, I really know nothing important about them.

The game should have given me a new padawan to replace the one I lost. Instead I have nobody to fill that void. Even when Nadia is returned to me she won't really be there because as far as the new content is concerned she doesn't really exist anymore. And since she was created for the vanilla game I couldn't romance her on my female consular. A class that doesn't have an equal to Malavai Quinn. At least Iresso doesn't make me want to constantly force choke him the way that narcissistic Doc did. Ugh I couldn't stand Doc.

Satele is underdeveloped as well. Other than the fact that she is voiced by Jennifer Hale and related to Bastilla I know very little about her. We never go on a long adventure, or spend quality time together. She just makes some cameo appearances in cut scenes once in a while. Same with Marr.

That really sums up a lot of the problems. Everything just pops in and out of the story without making an impression or sticking around long enough to be developed into something greater. You spend 5 minutes with Lana or Theron and boom, you're now exchanging wedding vows all of a sudden even though you've only exchanged at most 4 sentences with each other.

At least this is still better than Mass Effect Andromeda's flirt dialogue which is literally, "I love flirting with you." The flirting is telling the other person that you love flirting with them. You don't flirt, you tell them that you love flirting with them. Two face palms weren't enough to get me through ME:A. In fact I still haven't gotten through it.
Quote: Originally Posted by cjohnk View Post
You can't add completely arbitrary assumptions on to someone's statement. When a statement is made, take it for what it is not for what it could be if you tack on 7 more words of your own choosing.

LordAppius's Avatar


LordAppius
08.14.2017 , 06:41 AM | #89
Interesting if you ppl think about what valkorion said "one of them is going to betray you"

I always thought, nah this is not s poiler, apparently it was ;P.

The next thing happening is the alliance getting destroyed, and i think this new order will succede, because Valkorion also said "remeber me when your Alliance burns to the ground"

Kofte and kotet (although bad) told us that one of them would betray. Would never be lana because she has a complete different loyalty than theron, and theron might be working as a double agent, who knows. Honestly if he dies he dies. The same thing with lana, if she dies she dies, i'm not that fussed about it. I only care about
Spoiler

Eshvara's Avatar


Eshvara
08.14.2017 , 06:44 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by LordAppius View Post
Interesting if you ppl think about what valkorion said "one of them is going to betray you"

I always thought, nah this is not s poiler, apparently it was ;P.

The next thing happening is the alliance getting destroyed, and i think this new order will succede, because Valkorion also said "remeber me when your Alliance burns to the ground"

Kofte and kotet (although bad) told us that one of them would betray. Would never be lana because she has a complete different loyalty than theron, and theron might be working as a double agent, who knows. Honestly if he dies he dies. The same thing with lana, if she dies she dies, i'm not that fussed about it. I only care about
Spoiler
Totally forgot about that, pretty interesting.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀