Getting rid of random proc relics

Kurvv

This thread and the change it discusses are very clear evidence that the dev team wishes to move away from random procs and having to "proc-watch," so I think it's prudent to ask that the god awful random proc relics are removed from the game once and for all. These relics are a source of proc-watching that applies to every class, and are a simple fix compared to rebalancing class skills and abilities. Now that the devs have stated that they consider proc-watching a negative, there is absolutely no reason to keep this garbage system.

This thread and the change it discusses are very clear evidence that the dev team wishes to move away from random procs and having to "proc-watch," so I think it's prudent to ask that the god awful random proc relics are removed from the game once and for all. These relics are a source of proc-watching that applies to every class, and are a simple fix compared to rebalancing class skills and abilities. Now that the devs have stated that they consider proc-watching a negative, there is absolutely no reason to keep this garbage system.

/signed

And put on use relics back in while you at it so I can control my OWN burst windows.

/signed

And put on use relics back in while you at it so I can control my OWN burst windows.

/refuse

We don't need more emphasis on burst.

I rather just have static relics. On demand relic were fine but TTK would go down quite a bit and some things would need to be adjusted if you can activate a crit and power relic and melt someone.

This. I love when my Infiltration Shadow (not the one named below) has all those procs up and Potency, but to be able to control that would be stupid OP.

This. I love when my Infiltration Shadow (not the one named below) has all those procs up and Potency, but to be able to control that would be stupid OP.

I don't think it would be a big issue so long as they gave those relic activations a proper cooldown. Say, 2-3 minutes cooldown for an 8 second buff duration. That way you could still get that extra boost when you need it most, but it's anything but spammable so you won't be melting people every thirty seconds.

NO thanks, I'm happy with my random procs. It just means you need to learn how to play your class and rotations properly.

On-use procs in PVP is a terrible idea. Imagine the burst... it would make PVP unplayable.

Like I said, learn to play properly and you can use your relic procs to your advantage. My burst is good enough even with random procs, because I know when they are more likely to proc and what move I need to use when they do. I don't even have to "proc watch".

-_-

NO thanks, I'm happy with my random procs. It just means you need to learn how to play your class and rotations properly.

On-use procs in PVP is a terrible idea. Imagine the burst... it would make PVP unplayable.

Like I said, learn to play properly and you can use your relic procs to your advantage. My burst is good enough even with random procs, because I know when they are more likely to proc and what move I need to use when they do. I don't even have to "proc watch".

-_-

You heard it here guys.

Edited by cycao

-_-

Seems legit..

-_-

He's got it all figured out, man...

I got room for at least one more I think. I'll shuffle them out as better material rears it's head.

My favorites still the one that says pushing buttons = skill. By that logic I was probably the worlds most skilled piano player at age 2. A crying shame my genius went unrecognized for so long.

My favorites still the one that says pushing buttons = skill. By that logic I was probably the worlds most skilled piano player at age 2. A crying shame my genius went unrecognized for so long.[/QUOte]

Pressin' keees b hurd doe.

I don't think it would be a big issue so long as they gave those relic activations a proper cooldown. Say, 2-3 minutes cooldown for an 8 second buff duration. That way you could still get that extra boost when you need it most, but it's anything but spammable so you won't be melting people every thirty seconds.

It would be enough to significantly affect the outcome of an arena.

I'm talking 8v8. Yes, I know they balance around arenas, I just don't really care.

Even in WZ's, imagine 2 Sins popping a power/main stat relic and opening on a target with Recklessness up. It would turn into a game of instagibs and would be horribly frustrating.

Even in WZ's, imagine 2 Sins popping a power/main stat relic and opening on a target with Recklessness up. It would turn into a game of instagibs and would be horribly frustrating.

Sure, a game of instabigs that they can do once every three minutes.